Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Momock

Augur
If the game is to hard for you you can play in normal, you know (and use R2 button for the tediousness).

"Sidequests with permanent/missable content. I hate Fear of Missing Out and feeling like I need to follow a guide through the whole game."

Quite the contrary. The game is pretty clear about what quests youy have to do first (the optionnal ones with the shortest "term"), and you can find the hidden quests easily just by talking to the people and paying attention (and you should, because the worldbuilding is excellent and is the main reason to play the game). I only missed one thing during my playthrough and I earned the max bracer rank anyway (there's a little room for error for that). There isn't any of the esoteric bullshit you find usually in the JRPGs on this departement (and almost no fetch/farm quests).

Naesaki

Novice
Trails is probably one of the text heaviest jrpgs there is, I mean you only have to look at the struggle and heartache that XSEED went through in localising Sky FC and Sky SC. (It is quite an interesting and harrowing read in regards to what almost happened with SC's localisation). I love this series wholeheartedly / its very close to my heart and I would love more people to show this series some love because there is a lot of great character and world building to be found.

But I can see how those not really accustomed to what it offers can be put off pretty easily, FC and Cold Steel 1 are quite the slow burner for a good portion of each of their respective plots. To me this isn't a bad thing as I enjoy all the character interaction and world building and npcs having unique things to say after plot points move forward.

I've always had the mindset of each trilogy/duology/quad just being one massive game split into parts because you wouldn't be able to fit it all in one. (Like recently I went through the whole Sky Trilogy in one week and it was like playing an 140-180 hour long rpg)

In the overall scheme of things, FC is one massive prologue to the more action / faster paced SC (In terms of how the plot progresses SC is literally set 5 minutes later) and in some regards Sky The Third is a very action packed epilogue (Its set a few months after SC ends) for the sky trilogy while it also begins alluding to various future plot threads that Zero & Azure and the Cold Steel games start building off.

jungl

Augur
I don't know why they even bother with having so much text when its all shonnen shit, small context the writers have to work with to actually make the story interesting. Japanese media geared towards teenagers whether its anime,manga or video game stories are a waste of time investing yourself in the story. Its all the same shit. Its always 500 episodes drawn out anime like dragonball, one piece, naruto or in this game trails games. When the writer introduces a tragedy it is ALWAYS so the protaganist builds angst for a while or discovers the power of friendship. No one really ends up dying or if they do its predictable and boring cause of the shonnen styled story being told.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I don't know why they even bother with having so much text when its all shonnen shit, small context the writers have to work with to actually make the story interesting. Japanese media geared towards teenagers whether its anime,manga or video game stories are a waste of time investing yourself in the story. Its all the same shit. Its always 500 episodes drawn out anime like dragonball, one piece, naruto or in this game trails games. When the writer introduces a tragedy it is ALWAYS so the protaganist builds angst for a while or discovers the power of friendship. No one really ends up dying or if they do its predictable and boring cause of the shonnen styled story being told.
You're trying too hard Somberlain.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Who's the best waifu?

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

Who's the best waifu?
<------------------------------

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
To be or not to be
thinking.png

Nirvash

Liturgist
Final chapter of steel 1, i'm liking it way more than the sky.

Do the save carry over to 2?

Nirvash

Liturgist
Do i keep all lv and orbs? do that make the game easier or harder? How are nightmare clean and nightmare carry over in 2?

Nirvash

Liturgist
So, done with cold steel 1.

Lol at the final plot twist asspull, that guy is darth vader? Ending is even way more not here than sky 1.

Zero no Kiseki never ever

Remake or burst.

Meh, the gameplay/setting/graphic got very old/tired in sky 3 already.

Gearmos

Educated
I've just started the Divertissement chapter in Cold Steel II, but I've never played Crosbell games. Is there any major spoiler for the Crosbell arc? Thanks.

Momock

Augur
Well, yeah, but since you don't understand who they're talking about it teases you to play the Crossbell games more than anything.

Naesaki

Novice
Some new images for CSIV have surfaced in the recent Dengeki Magazine

Link to the imgur gallery https://imgur.com/gallery/JwzHiFs

So if you don't want any spoilers, look at your own peril.

Oh if anyone was interested, the japanese pc release on the dlsite for Trails of Zero / Zero no Kiseki is 50% off at the moment (sale ends 14th May) and its looking hopeful that geofront will have finished their fan translation by middle of summer.

I think it was last said around February that they were 10% done with editing the final script.

Deleted member 7219

Some new images for CSIV have surfaced in the recent Dengeki Magazine

Link to the imgur gallery https://imgur.com/gallery/JwzHiFs

So if you don't want any spoilers, look at your own peril.

Oh if anyone was interested, the japanese pc release on the dlsite for Trails of Zero / Zero no Kiseki is 50% off at the moment (sale ends 14th May) and its looking hopeful that geofront will have finished their fan translation by middle of summer.

I think it was last said around February that they were 10% done with editing the final script.

DLsite is the name of the website that sells it? Will check it out.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Is it the same version the Geofront translation is being made for?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom