Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BATTLETECH - turn-based mech combat from Harebrained Schemes

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
such as the lack of a manual to explain everything in detail

written tutorials about many aspects of the game are are transmited via dialogue by companions on the ship.
mechlab has a tutorial also involving pictures

ArchAngel

Arcane
And no, people like you try to push anti SJW agenda as main reason it is bad. Except for the pronoun selector there is nothing SJW in the game that I have seen.

Does that "muslim" woman talk about her religion in a agenda pushing way or do people just start bashing because of her clothes and skin color? If later that makes those people retards.

So, do you think this is just a totally normal character that DOES NOT exist just to make an unsubtle point then?
be36aee076.jpg

As for degree part, so you are saying it is impossible to have a really smart person in the game? It is against lore of battletech to have really smart people? I don't understand your point, I guess I am not as "smart" as you LOL.

Dude, I never said that. Also, you conveniently ignored that I never said the SJW thing were the main problems of the game, the technical fuck-ups, the devs' moves to censor any criticism instead of addressing them and mediocre gameplay are. On that we agree.

As for technical issues, all games have those on release and they will cost HBS some sales.

No, they shouldn't. Long before releasing games in an unfinished state was made a thing, the least devs ensured to do was to avoid game-killing bugs like crashes that can fuck up saves. Also, check this topic for some info about the game's problems that have nothing to do about SJW or anything, such as the lack of a manual to explain everything in detail. Or the enforced DRM thing for playing in multiplayer:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ombat-from-harebrained-schemes.99331/page-120
Manual in 2018? Lol. Nobody reads those anyways. Even I have not read one since I bought a boxed set of BG1 long long time ago.
What they lack is a better ingame tutorial or easier to access knowledge database similar to UFOpedia or what Civilization games have. Talking to NPCs in different parts of the ship to get a bit of into is not a good replacement.

And still don't see what is the problem with a fictional smart character? Is it a problem that she is a woman, or you don't like her name or you are some kind of a clothes critic?
How is this character worse than NPCs from Xcom 1 and Xcom 2 that reverse engineer alien tech or DNA in record time? I didn't see a single complaint about those characters.

And if there is no anti SJW agenda, why is all this shit being mentioned all the time? One added pronoun option is not a reason for a witch hunt of this scale.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
SJWs don't buy games.

Frankly, I think this is just people buying and having fun with it. Personally, I'm holding off untill a) I have time (probably never) and b) Technical issues are fixed. Then I'll proceed bitching and moaning about each inconsistency with tabletop.

KoolNoodles when you're finished cosplaying as Kurt Russell, give us a monocled opinion. If you need an incentive, I'll build a golem and equip it with an arm, Golden Arbalest and fire bola. Then I'll name it Catapult and raid your lands in Decline20

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
BattleTech credits:

Campaign and Story Producer: Mitch Gitelman
Principal Writer: Andrew McIntosh (lead Dragonfall and Hong Kong writer)
Content Writers: Raymond Wood, Brian Poel
Contributing Content Writers: Mike Mulvihill, Nathan Weisman

holy fucking fuck of the fuck fucking the fuck. the pauses.
shoot, stay still for 5 seconds.
end turn, stay still for 5 seconds.
kill an enemy, stay still for half an hour.
who the hell tested this shit and said "this is fine"? who the hell did? you, you deserve one of the deepest levels of hell. i spent longer frantically clicking and moving and pushing while raging at all these excruciating pauses than actually playing the game.

unity is the 21th century flash, and as such it. must. die.

edit: did i post it in the wrong thread? oh shit, sorry, i didn't notice.
edit 2: no i didn't o_O what's going on?

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
Played a bit of campaign and not sure what to think of the game. It seems to have less depth than nu-Xcom but blowing up 'Mechs is fun.

Honestly makes me wish this were MechCommander3 instead, instead of enduring extremely slow turn based combat for no gain.

Cael

Arcane
is this what you do while you don't beg for games? move posts around? there are better hobbies, you know?
Move posts around to bury the bad reviews and the complaints so that his paymasters don't get a bad rep for shitty games. That and try to down vote people critical of his paymasters' games.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Played a bit of campaign and not sure what to think of the game. It seems to have less depth than nu-Xcom but blowing up 'Mechs is fun.

Honestly makes me wish this were MechCommander3 instead, instead of enduring extremely slow turn based combat for no gain.
This was exactly my biggest fear about this game.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
holy fucking fuck of the fuck fucking the fuck. the pauses.
shoot, stay still for 5 seconds.
end turn, stay still for 5 seconds.
kill an enemy, stay still for half an hour.
who the hell tested this shit and said "this is fine"? who the hell did? you, you deserve one of the deepest levels of hell. i spent longer frantically clicking and moving and pushing while raging at all these excruciating pauses than actually playing the game.

unity is the 21th century flash, and as such it. must. die.

edit: did i post it in the wrong thread? oh shit, sorry, i didn't notice.
edit 2: no i didn't o_O what's going on?
Yup,the game is extremely slow. In a 30 minutes mission,15 of them are about animations and people telling you stupid shit. The game would have been ok fro a drop in a drop out if the loading times weren't that shit. In the morning while making a breakfast i do let the game load,after that play a few contracts and fuck off.

Also has anyone noticed how sjw the crew is. You have strong independent asian chick,arab nigger and some asian mechanic. The pilots are a nigger,arab,tranny and a strong woman.Ah at least i was able to kick out the pilots and recruit bunch of neo-nazi. It took me some time thou,most planet have a 50/50 split between niggers and negress. It is real shame that i can't throw out the nigger on my bridge.

Destroid

Arcane
If they couldn't make good sound effects themselves they should have just lifted them from the other Battletech games:

ArchAngel

Arcane

I don't think it has less depth, actually I would say it is more old school.
Instead of managing your one rocket per mission and your special soldier abilities that are either limited per mission or have cooldowns you manage your heat, stability, range, fire arcs and line of sight.
Instead of half cover and full cover you got cover with things like woods or full block of line of sight with high hills or mountain areas.
Instead of removing your enemy overall flat armor value and/or disabling their special attacks you manage targeting areas on enemy body you want to breach first like which hand you want to blow up to to destroy their weapons. Or maybe you want to go for the head or legs to disable the mech so you can salvage it.
Instead of flanking being a flat bonus to hit chance and critical chance, here flanking is attacking low armor area to get to the "soft tissue" faster.

Biggest difference is probably lack of overwatch feature but they got Reserve option instead which is a better way to get a similar effect but also allows other tactics.
I like this more than vanilla nuXcom.

Last edited:

Thane Solus

Arcane
Pronouns? Da fuck is wrong with these people. Mohammed Pilots names? Fuck this shit. And those turn times? I might buy it on a huge discount, just cause its BattleTech, maybe...

SJW dont buy anything, get that in your heads garbage PR/HR/Marketing departments.

Talking about shooting yourself in the foot and loosing sales...

ArchAngel

Arcane
Pronouns? Da fuck is wrong with these people. Mohammed Pilots names? Fuck this shit. And those turn times? I might buy it on a huge discount, just cause its BattleTech, maybe...

SJW dont buy anything, get that in your heads garbage PR/HR/Marketing departments.
Name Mohammed is being praised a lot in Liverpool and all around the world at the moment. Get on with the times :P

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Name Mohammed is being praised a lot in Liverpool and all around the world at the moment. Get on with the times :P
awnw3gr_700b.jpg

Parabalus

Arcane

Instead of managing your one rocket per mission and your special soldier abilities that are either limited per mission or have cooldowns you manage your heat, stability, range, fire arcs and line of sight.
Instead of half cover and full cover you got cover with things like wood or full block of line of sight with high hills or mountain areas.
Instead of removing your enemy overall flat armor value and/or disabling their special attacks you manage targeting areas on enemy body you want to breach first like which hand you want to blow up to to destroy their weapons. Or maybe you want to go for the head or legs to disable the mech so you can salvage it.
Instead of flanking being a flat bonus to hit chance and critical chance, here flanking is attacking low armor area to get to the "soft tissue" faster.

Biggest difference is probably lack of overwatch feature but they got Reserve option instead which is a better way to get a similar effect but also allows other tactics.

I only got up to 2.5 skulls but I really had to do none of those things, basically just kill closest enemy with starting mechs, never even close to losing something (random head hit pilot injuries excluded). nu-Xcom even the first mission could be a wipe.

Flanking is kinda a no brainer since standing still is strictly worse if you don't have the guts 1st ability, no?
I was under the impression that you get 1/3 mech salvage regardless of how you blow it up.
Reserve is def much better than overwatch.

Might just be lack of difficulty option.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Instead of half cover and full cover you got cover with things like wood or full block of line of sight with high hills or mountain areas.

I only got up to 2.5 skulls but I really had to do none of those things, basically just kill closest enemy with starting mechs, never even close to losing something (random head hit pilot injuries excluded). nu-Xcom even the first mission could be a wipe.

Flanking is kinda a no brainer since standing still is strictly worse if you don't have the guts 1st ability, no?
I was under the impression that you get 1/3 mech salvage regardless of how you blow it up.
Reserve is def much better than overwatch.

Might just be lack of difficulty option.
It is certainly lack of difficulty options. Also seems they made starting missions easier to retain more players.
But before everyone bashes this game lets remember that at release UFO 1994 had a bug that whatever difficulty you played on it would reduce difficulty to very easy during the game :)

As for recovering parts, I think I read that destroying CT will make the mech non recoverable.

Cael

Arcane

Yes. But it is usually along the lines of "Good Mohammed, please don't bomb me or run me down with a vehicle!"

ArchAngel

Arcane

Yes. But it is usually along the lines of "Good Mohammed, please don't bomb me or run me down with a vehicle!"
I guess none of you so called manly Man follow football.. disappointing. I guess whoever said Codex was full of trannies was right, I just needed to find out this way.

Cael

Arcane

I guess none of you so called manly Man follow football.. disappointing. I guess whoever said Codex was full of trannies was right, I just needed to find out this way.
Listen, kid. The only sport more full of girly men, divers, simulators, crybabies, snowflakes and pillow fighters is Australian Rules football.

You want a man's game, you play RUGBY.

Joking, although seeing so many top tier teams implode over the last few years had dampen EPL for me quite a bit.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
You want a man's game, you play RUGBY

Football is more violent than rugby or american football.
The statistics say there are way more injuries, injuries with everlasting effects and deaths.
:)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom