Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News BattleTech Released

Deleted member 7219

I guffawed at the 'Them' bullshit too.

'Them' is grammatically incorrect. Transsexuals are either "he" or "she".

Before some wise ass (probably not here, but you get them on Twitter) comes in to say "What about people with both genitals duhhh", intersex people are always assigned a gender at birth.

The fact they put this unscientific, grammatically incorrect 'They' crap in is just pandering to a SJW audience which doesn't even exist. SJWs look down on video games, and most trannies live by normal societal standards including gender pronouns.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
"Them" will do the opposite of placate SJWs in any event, not unlike tossing a dried-up half-stick of turkey jerky to a lean springtime grizzly bear in the hopes it'll let you leave with your gunnysack stuffed with fresh-caught salmon.

It's never enough with these people. Attempts to placate or reason with them only encourage them to keep on trying to turn an inch into an AU.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Are you guys so frightened of being in a game that contains the sheer possibility of a gay character that you think you're going to wake up in the morning with a cock in your mouth or something?

Seriously, who. gives. a. fuck.

This is the "you are being petty for noticing how petty they are" argument. If its not such a big deal why do they insist on including it, over and against all the fan's objections?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are you guys so frightened of being in a game that contains the sheer possibility of a gay character that you think you're going to wake up in the morning with a cock in your mouth or something?

This is the "you are being petty for noticing how petty they are" argument. If its not such a big deal why do they insist on including it, over and against all the fan's objections?
Where did you get this "statistic" ?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron

Poor sales of blatantly SJW-ified games are a good place to start. The silent majority vote with their wallets and move on instead of engaging with the autistic screeching. I mean, I engage with the autistic screeching, but I'm a gay retard.

Examples: Mass Effect: Andromeda, no introduction or explanation needed; the new Wolfencuck, the publicity materials for which contain a purposeful alteration of a line that, in the actual game, bluntly labels whites as an inherently evil race; etc.

"But that's because those were shit games," you might be thinking. Yes, the two tend to go hand-in-hand, as I've been saying all along.

Technobabylon is literally the only game I've ever heard of or played that included some blatant SJWhorning while also being pretty decent.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
The thing is, this game doesn't really have anything apart from this "they" in character creation. Anyone basing his purchase on that is far more problematic than the developers imo.

Also yes, Andromeda and Wolfenstein were terrible games - I don't remember anything "sjw" about them. People complained about bugs and crappy animations in the first one and boring design on the second one

BattleTech is a good game on the other hand and is selling decently for a turn-based mech game...I guess. Where do we even get data anymore?

Bocian

Arcane
I don't remember anything "sjw" about them
Of course you don't, because why would you. What a valid argument. See no evil.
Mass-Effect-Andromeda-Trans.jpg

Absolutely no SJW stuff, none at all. Where is your tag?
cuck.png

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The thing is, this game doesn't really have anything apart from this "they" in character creation. Anyone basing his purchase on that is far more problematic than the developers imo.

Also yes, Andromeda and Wolfenstein were terrible games - I don't remember anything "sjw" about them. People complained about bugs and crappy animations in the first one and boring design on the second one

BattleTech is a good game on the other hand and is selling decently for a turn-based mech game...I guess. Where do we even get data anymore?

Steam topsellers.

It's pretty ghetto. Don't make eye contact with anyone.

Mech

Cipher
Combat flow is extremely sluggish. Similarly to the last Space Hulk remake, every action is awfully slow while it plays it’s animation at a glacial pace, and there is no way to change the speed nor cancel it.
Felt this would be the case immediately after watching (and getting bored of) the combat preview videos.
I feel bad for the people who were forced to QA this game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Steam topsellers.

It's pretty ghetto. Don't make eye contact with anyone.

You've also got this: http://steamcharts.com/app/637090

Steamspy is still active too, unclear how precise it is though.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
lacks some basic functionalities like turning the camera around with mouse buttons

I can turn the camera when holding the right button. Does it not work for you?

I'll check that, because it's possible I've been just mashing MMB like a retard by force of habit.

Poor sales of blatantly SJW-ified games are a good place to start. The silent majority vote with their wallets and move on instead of engaging with the autistic screeching. I mean, I engage with the autistic screeching, but I'm a gay retard.

Examples: Mass Effect: Andromeda, no introduction or explanation needed; the new Wolfencuck, the publicity materials for which contain a purposeful alteration of a line that, in the actual game, bluntly labels whites as an inherently evil race; etc.

"But that's because those were shit games," you might be thinking. Yes, the two tend to go hand-in-hand, as I've been saying all along.

Technobabylon is literally the only game I've ever heard of or played that included some blatant SJWhorning while also being pretty decent.

Andromeda was bad in virtually every aspect, and I don't think there is an agenda on this fine earth that would've saved it.

Wolfenstein on the other hand, might've paradoxically discouraged people by it's first installment. For instance, I played it after hearing very positive reviews, but the absolutely arcade mechanics made me keep away from any and all of its further releases, Wolfenstein 2 included.

Technobabylon has a rather slight remark about main character having a gender change surgery at some point but that's pretty much all. But first and foremost it was a good game in its respective genre.

As for Battletech, it appears to me the whole pronoun shit was included as a kind of troll, quite akin to "OK to be white". Technically it changes nothing aside mixed portrait pool and single dialogue string, and as such probably took 5 minutes of dev time to implement, and while it triggers some people to no end, it seems to have served it's purpose...

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

What poor sales? Game is 3rd in Steam top sellers which is great achievement for HBS

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps

Steam reviews. Of course not everyone cares, but why piss off anybody for this? Even one lost sale can't be worth it.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I haven't seen such a brilliant 1-2 succession of posts that so perfectly encapsulates the state of affairs today in quite a while. First the proud centrist cuck sitting on his fence cos he's above politics, followed up by the SJW bugman projecting his fantasies of having a dick in his mouth onto everyone else who doesn't go along with the ideology. Bravo!
i am not above politics and while it is true i am a centrist, because simply i am smart enough to realize the farther the pendulum swings, the more extreme the beliefs get. Call us sitting on the fence if you want, but realize being on the fence means you get a good vantage point of both lawns while the other below are blinded by their own grasses without any perspective even for their own.

Both far left and far right are equally dumb, and of course most of them dont realize how similar they are.

So you are horseshoe theory scumbag.... and argument to moderation degenerate NOICE MATE

gaussgunner

Arcane

Battletech is a shit game that tries to pander to the wrong audience. It also tries to force modern issues into a far future setting where it feels about as natural as a hijab in the year 3000.

It doesn't "force" anything, it literally has an optional 3rd pronoun for you to use. Jesus Tapdancing Christ.
Ang guess what?
That's not normal outside of cucked North America.

It's not normal in North America either. But I assume by "cucked North America" you mean state university classrooms, California, Vancouver, Seattle. Especially Seattle. :lol:

This is what I picture when I hear an individual referred to as "them":

6-03.jpg

"Them" will do the opposite of placate SJWs in any event, not unlike tossing a dried-up half-stick of turkey jerky to a lean springtime grizzly bear in the hopes it'll let you leave with your gunnysack stuffed with fresh-caught salmon.

Yup. How many genders are there on Facebook now? If you're gonna have more than 2, better make it a fill-in-the-blank field.

Between this and the racial stuff, I assume there's SJW shit all over this game. It was bad enough in Dragonfall with hardcore mercenary hacker/killers going full emo, and now actual soldiers in Battletech. Give me a damn break I say.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Of course not everyone cares, but why piss off anybody for this? Even one lost sale can't be worth it.
That's a good question, I anyway find the whole thing pointless as your sex or race or sexual preferences or whatever are completely irrelevant in the game

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I guffawed at the 'Them' bullshit too.

'Them' is grammatically incorrect. Transsexuals are either "he" or "she".

Before some wise ass (probably not here, but you get them on Twitter) comes in to say "What about people with both genitals duhhh", intersex people are always assigned a gender at birth.

The fact they put this unscientific, grammatically incorrect 'They' crap in is just pandering to a SJW audience which doesn't even exist. SJWs look down on video games, and most trannies live by normal societal standards including gender pronouns.

There's a new group called "gender fluid" which means they don't have a gender (psychologically) regardless of personal anatomy or sexual attraction. So, you can have a guy with a penis who is attracted to women but who doesn't consider himself a man, but rather an it.

According to this point of view, 'gender' in its entirety is a fictional concept because the difference between a man and a woman and their respective sex organs is the same as the difference between the leg on one person being half a centimeter longer than the leg on another.

Alternatively, gender exists but is a set of more or less flexible behaviors that can be updated or changed like learning a new skill.

Last edited:

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
It's good to see that the shitposters are out in force. Over four pages, there's one mini-review, two posts about bugs, and two posts about DRM. Rest is inane drivel from the Stormfront-wannabies. It's like Siege of Dragonspear all over again.

I'm not going to buy it for these simple reasons:
bcugngq.png

AYL2tYq.png

And that DRM thing is just the cherry on top. Sorry HBS, no purchase.

It's good to see that the shitposters are out in force. Over four pages, there's one mini-review, two posts about bugs, and two posts about DRM. Rest is inane drivel from the Stormfront-wannabies. It's like Siege of Dragonspear all over again.

I'm not going to buy it for these simple reasons:
bcugngq.png

AYL2tYq.png

And that DRM thing is just the cherry on top. Sorry HBS, no purchase.

You're not going to buy the game because it requires you to create an account if you want to play multi-player?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Everyone who disagrees even slightly with my garbage ideology is a NAZI! Ideological shoehorning don't real!

Well, at least now we have drivel from both sides on display.

Anyway, this has gotten p. boring. I now leave BATTLETECH in the capable hands of whichever retards buy it desperately hoping it'll actually be good.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Steam reviews. Of course not everyone cares, but why piss off anybody for this? Even one lost sale can't be worth it.
They often mean shit as you can buy the game, leave review and refund the game. They might mean something after 1 or 2 weeks or 1 or 2 months.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
You're not going to buy the game because it requires you to create an account if you want to play multi-player?
It's DRM and it's required for single-player too - if you want to use your backer-content.

Well, at least now we have drivel from both sides on display.
I'm happy for you that you're not ashamed of being an autistic retard but you don't have to fling your feces at everyone else all the time. Your ideological crusade is tiresome, especially when you insist on repeatedly bringing it outside of GD where it belongs.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom