Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guess the top 10 ratings

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
sure why not

1. brofist
2. funny
3. agree
4. informative
5. hopw roewur ne
6. incline
7. salute
8. despair
9. prestigious
10. wtf am i reading
You have correctly guessed 4 ratings in their correct positions, with a majority of your guesses appearing in the top 10.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
It's basically impossible to actually calculate odds here, but very roughly, and being extremely generous, perhaps 1 in 10 Codexers are capable of getting the majority of the top 10 correct with a handful in the correct positions; 1 in 100 might get all 10 correct and a majority in the correct positions; and 1 in 1,000 will get all 10 correct and all in the correct positions, partly by sheer luck. The fuzzing created by nos. 11-15 is a huge factor here. Even someone with a preternaturally good sense for post ratings would find it extremely easy to assign no. 11 or 12 to spot 9 or 10 with no inkling that 11 or 12 don't belong in the top 10.

Again, this is being very generous. The real likelihood is probably more along the lines of 1 in 10,000 or much more. As such, sight unseen, it's most likely that no one will guess correctly.

DU's hints will be very necessary to create a winner, because there aren't enough regulars or even lurkers to expect a lottery winner. The hints so far have barely dented the already long odds.

The way things are going, people will have lost interest by the end of the week.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Ladies and gentlemen, we are having a competition. If you can guess the top 10 most used ratings on the Codex, we will buy you any game of your choice from Steam or GOG.

I hope you're talking about full complete editions of games. There's this game I want and it has some DLC's...
Yeah I bought The Sims 3 ages ago.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
10 out of 64 in the correct order?

1 / 3,36905E-20

You gotta be kidding.

Considering that you can never repeat a rating, with 64 different ratings, approximately half a quintillion combinations are possible if people chose completely at random.

Since most non-newfags know exactly what the #1 spot is, have an excellent idea of the top 20, a pretty good idea of the top fifteen, a so-so idea of what all might actually be in the top ten, and some vague notions about the ordering, the actual odds aren't nearly that long. Nevertheless, the odds could easily exceed 1 in 1m or even 1 in 10m. I really was being very conservative.

Several rounds of DU hints and cross-referencing his analysis of partially correct answers may eventually result in a winrar.

Viata

Arcane
In Blaine's post, DU said:
You have guessed none correctly. Your guesses are mostly disastrously wrong and incorrect, except for 1 which appears in the top 10.
In profreshinal's post, DU said:
You have guessed 1 in its correct position, but only half of your guesses are actually in the top 10 overall.
And as everyone can see, "Agree" is the only intersection of both lists.

In oasis789's post, DU said:
You have correctly guessed 4 ratings in their correct positions, with a majority of your guesses appearing in the top 10.
Intersecting oasis789's and Blaine's lists, we get Prestigious, which according to DU, is not on the list. Thus based on what DU said, we can assume that:
Brofist, Funny, Agree, Informative, Hopw roewur ne, Incline, Salute ,Despair and Wtf am i reading are all possible candidates. Since Brofist is a given, we can ignore him.

Instersecting oasis789's list with profreshinal's, we get:
Funny, Agree, Informative, Despair, which put them as possible candidates. (1)
In <3sRichardSimmons's post, DU said:
You have guessed 1 correctly, with half of your guesses appearing in the top 10.
Intersecting his and oasis789's post, we get:
Agree, Wtf am I reading and hopw roewur ne. (2)
In Brocken Jr.'s post, DU said:
You have guessed 1 in its correct position, but have managed to guess a majority of the top 10 ratings.
Intersecing his and oasis789's post, we get:
Agree, Funny, Informative, Hopw rower ne (3)
And last, in agentorange's post, DU said:
You have guessed 2 in their correct positions, but only half of your guesses are actually in the top 10.
Intersecting his and oasis789's post, we get:
Funny, Agree, Incline, Hopw roewur ne, Despair. (4)

Now, DU said profreshinal only guesses 5 right, his intersection with oasis789 gives us also 5 ratings. oasis789's and ao's list gives us also 6 ratings.
Since both ao and profreshinal only guessed 5, intersecting (1) with (4) gives us:
Funny, Agree.
Intersecting (4) with (3), we get:
Funny, Agree, Hopw roweur ne.
Intersecting (3) with (1), we get:
Funny, Agree, Informative.
And last, intersecting (1), (2), (3) and (4), we get:
Agree.

Thus, it's obvious to see that Agree is confirmed. I'll assume that Funny is also confirmed given that (1), (3) and (4) have it.

Now, (2) gave us the intersection of both that have the majority of the top 10 ratings:
Agree, Funny, Informative, Hopw rower ne.
The complement is:
Retarded, Shit, Acknowledge This User's Agenda, Disagree, Racist, Salute, Despair and Wtf am I reading. Which is a fuckton of ratings.
Now, Informative and Hopw rower ne are possible candidates and are both in oasis789 and Brocken Jr., both have the majority of the top 10.

Now comes an elimination game(based on assuming that hopw and informative are candidate):
Looking at profreshinal's post, since he only guesses 5 rights, if we remove Funny, Brofist and Agree from his post, we have Informative there. Taking that as confirmed, we only need to find one more in his post. Comparing ao with the rest of the post, I'd also assume that Hopw roewur ne is confirmed.
So, in ao's list we have: Shit, Retard, Racist, Citation Needed, Despair, Incline (5)
And in profreshinal's, we have: Shit, Acknowledge this user's agenda, Disagree, Despair, Bad spelling, Racist (6)
Now, <3sRichardSimmons only guessed 5 too, so let's see what he have if we remove Brofist, Agree, Funny and Hopw roewur ne: retadred, shit, agree, edgy, wtf am I reading, disagree, YES. (7)
Looking at what I have confirmed as correct: ao guessed 4, profreshinal guessed 4 and <3sRichardSimmons guessed 3.
The only intersection of them is Shit.
If we assume shit is correct:
There is only one more in <3sRichardSimmons's list. Comparing his with oasis789's list, we get: wtf am I reading.
If we assume that racist is correct:
There is two missing in <3sRichardSimmons's list. Taking wtf am I reading as confirmed, we only have to find one more: It can't be retadred and shit. Giving us YES, Disagree and Edgy.
If we assume retadred is correct:
There is one missing in <3sRichardSimmons's list and one missing in profreshinal's list. Like above, it can't be racist nor shit. So if we take wtf am I reading as confirmed for <3sRichardSimmons and intersecting profreshinal's list with Brocken Jr.'s list, we get:
Acknowledge this user's agenda, disagree, shit, racist. Since racist and shit can't be right, disagree and Acknowledge are the possible candidates.

So, we have these candidates:
Brofist, Funny, Agree, Informative, Hopw Rower ne.
And based on them, we have:
a) shit and wtf am I reading.
b) racist, wtf am I reading and YES/Disagree/Edgy(I'd put my finger in Disagree here)
c) retadred, wtf am I reading, disagree and Acknowledge this user's agenda.

So yeah, take your chance. Or wait until more paws are sacrificed.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
So yeah, take your chance. Or wait until more paws are sacrificed.
The rules state you can change your submission as many times as you want.

Also,
Don't sacrifice them:
kitty_paw_by_greenappaloosa-d5r54he.jpg

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
  1. rating_brofist.png
    Because we're all bros here, even the gurls.
  2. rating_lulz.gif
    Because while we are not that funny we try really hard to meme as much as we can and we feel at home when you do too.
  3. rating_retarded.png
    Because you're an idiot, yes you are.
  4. decline.png
    Because this is our common cause, lamenting the decline.
  5. rating_prosper.png
    Because hopw roewur ne
  6. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Because this forum is like a constant therapy session and the audience /therapist can only take that much before cringing.
  7. edgy.png
    Because the truth hurts.
  8. rating_salute.gif
    Because that's another one of our Pavlovian reflexes when someone says that everything was better in the 80s.
  9. cuck.png
    Because I'm a chad and you're a faggit ... yes, I'm also a grown up, thanks for asking.
  10. rating_butthurt.png
    Because.

I'm pretty sure that agree and disagree are up there too but their picture link doesn't work and they are pretty
meh.png
anyway. Didn't someone ask to remove them? I agree.

Last edited:

Cazzeris

1. Brofist
2. Funny
3. Agree
4. Informative
5. Shit
6. Thanks
7. retadred
8. Butthurt
9 Acknowledge this user's Agenda
10. Interesting

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Lambchop19 as a benevolent person i will give you the game for the "nice" you gave me. You may choose between the three brightest gems know to codexians. Oblivion,Skyrim or Fallout 4.... with all DLCs of course.:lol:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Didn't someone ask to remove them? I agree.

Yes, that was me. Actually, I asked that all post ratings be removed, but agree/disagree in particular since they frequently cause people to skip over the part where they actually explain their garbage opinions.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I'm changing my vote:
  1. Brofist
  2. Funny
  3. Agree
  4. Fabulously Optimistic
  5. Informative
  6. Salute
  7. incline
  8. Acknowledge this user's Agenda
  9. hopw roewur ne
  10. Despair

edit:
If this doesn't match exactly, then consider my next guess to be to swap 6 and 7.

1. Brofist
  2. Funny
  3. Agree
  4. Fabulously Optimistic
  5. Informative
  6. incline
  7. Salute
  8. Acknowledge this user's Agenda
  9. hopw roewur ne
  10. Despair
and if that doesn't work, consider me to have shifted them around until they were correct because I don't have time to constantly be checking and I'm almost certain that these are right, only the order is in question

the last three in particular are probably pretty close

Last edited by a moderator:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
1. Brofist
2. Agree
3. Funny
4. Retadred
5. Shit
6. Acknowledge This User's Agenda
7. Disagree
8. Informative
9. Hopw Roewur Ne
10. Racist
You have guessed 1 in its correct position, but have managed to guess a majority of the top 10 ratings.
sure why not

1. brofist
2. funny
3. agree
4. informative
5. hopw roewur ne
6. incline
7. salute
8. despair
9. prestigious
10. wtf am i reading

These two have only 5 ratings in common, yet both have the majority of them correct?

Both agree on:
Brofist, Funny, Agree, Informative, Hopw Roewur Ne

They disagree on the other five.

Ninjerk

Arcane
1. Brofist
2. Agree
3. Funny
4. Retadred
5. Shit
6. Acknowledge This User's Agenda
7. Disagree
8. Informative
9. Hopw Roewur Ne
10. Racist
sure why not

1. brofist
2. funny
3. agree
4. informative
5. hopw roewur ne
6. incline
7. salute
8. despair
9. prestigious
10. wtf am i reading

These two have only 5 ratings in common, yet both have the majority of them correct?

Both agree on:
Brofist, Funny, Agree, Informative, Hopw Roewur Ne

They disagree on the other five.
They can each have a correct rating that the other does not have.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom