Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

Robespierre

Madame Guillotine
Patron
It's Kitten Time at the GreatCrystalShrine
Make the Codex Great Again!
I am not sure if I asked this before, so I am sorry if I did.

In BGT, BG1's portion, is there a second Boots of Speed worn by Lothander or is that only in the EE? I remember getting Boots of Speed from both BGT and EE but I might be getting mixed up or something.

Lothander is wearing one pair in both vanilla and EE.

Xeon

Augur
In vanilla oBG1? I watched a stream of oBG1 today and he didn't have the boots which made wonder if BGT has it or not.

Dzupakazul

Arbiter
> didn't add any good party npc, they are all pretty bad and suck with no consistency in writing.
I agree that they're pretty bad and suck in the sense that they're not well-written and properly placed in the world, but, for example, Dorn's 19 Strength and a magic sword at the start (in a game where non-magic melee weapons break all the time, and with a pretty good passive enchantment, to boot!) feels like an "obvious" candidate for every single possible evil party (unlike every other character who is replacable) and becomes a huge powercreep on every other melee (Minsc had the niche of having huge Strength and an affinity for 2handers) the moment you get out of the "shoot everything from afar with arrows" phase of the game. About the only guy that doesn't really get a chance to shine much is Rasaad, because Monks are awful in BG1.

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
I too agree that Dorn is great. Not only power-wise, but also in the depth of his tragic character, banter and romance.

Btw, his quest in BG2 is epic. He's putten through dillema - abandon his patron or embrace it. Made me love blackguards.

Raasad and Neera are wackos, I don't bother with them.

Last edited:

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Some people are irrationally bitter about Beamdog getting paid, ignoring the fact that everyone who gets paid for making these games is still getting paid, whether or not someone buys EE or not.
it's not that, I'm bitter just that they:

> didn't add any good party npc, they are all pretty bad and suck with no consistency in writing.
> People that buy the new game think that BG was a shitload of issues (see later)
> game is bugged and people are still waiting for 2.5, then there will be a 2.6 and so on, because it never gets fixed
> They went over to make Siege of dragonspear, make it official, and actually inflate it with ridicolous dialog
> They didn't care about the consequences of SOD content into BG2 + ToB, so everything you do there is pointless because no one remembers it or there is any reference
> They were able to split the modding community by the two editions
> There are people actually praising the kits, while DD is one of least thought out kit I've ever read
Don't forget the lie about "enhancing" graphics which amounted to a shitty blur-filter and equally shitty character outline, plus a useless zoom tool. SOD also breaks any remaining game balance in early parts of BG2. Trying to pass off all the Infinity engine games as their own products. Taking use of mods. Beamdog hasn't created anything but crappy fanfiction-level companions.

Oh wait, they claim to have improved the executables of all IE games so that they run better and more stable than before, but in the process they introduced a vast array of new bugs, so hooray?

i could'nt finish BG2 cuz I didn't know what to do with all the stuff (there was no walkthrough availieble)
Oh my gawd, just kill yourself already. This is some quality trolling, 10/10, would rage again.

Last edited:

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
BG2 was already shitty in terms of graphics and already had within itself zoom tool. With EE revolution it looks much better.

That is why I never completed it back in the days, because it was shitty and boring (and there was no walkthrough without internet).

Although I must say that I win Twisted Rune fight with my own tactics, also Kangaxx the Demilich, though now I don't remember how. But, with the rise of internet comes temptation of cheating, so that is one bad thing about internet.

So, if it says enhanced edition, that means they enhanced it.

Last edited:

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
I'm autenthic person. Apostle Hand, Knight of Darkness blessed by unholy demons, known throughout the Realms.

This Robespierre person is intent on giving me shit marks. I don't mind : it is his disgrace, not mine.

Storyfag is acting towards me in a crude manner. Like I said to Robespierre : it is his disgrace, not mine.

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Why people fail for a obvious alt trolling... Myrdn or what was his name, that was high-level trolling.

They are not sending us their best trolls, sadly.

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
Better say something in defense of original BG games over EE-revolution ones, instead of apologizing.

But you can't cuz EE-revolution ones are in every possible ways superior, and they will survive, not the original ones.

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
I got bored and uninstalled the game back in the days, and spend a couple of years not playing anything.

I also recall reading A Song Of Fire And Ice books then, those were the days.

Currently reading Wheel Of Time series.

Again Robespierre gives shit remarks on my posts. Like I said before : it is his disgrace, not mine.

Last edited:

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
Why would I try when it's obvious to any normal people that EE-revolution games are in every way better than original ones.

They added all those areas for Dorn, Raasad and Neera, they added new kits, new items, they cleaned the game from all possible bugs, maked it look better.

I want to thank Beamdog for doing such a great job with EEs.

Last edited:

Alkarl

Learned
Why would I try when it's obvious to any normal people that EE-revolution games are in every way better than original ones.

This is, in fact, wrong. A lot of the "new additions" added to the game simply replaced mods that were being used on the original. Not to mention, the game is far buggier than the original, which was made by a team that gave a shit, instead of some cash grabbing, unoriginal hacks.

They added all those areas for Dorn, Raasad and Neera, they added new kits, new items, they cleaned the game from all possible bugs, maked it look better.

As stated above, with exception to the new, shitty companions and their out-of-place voice acting and out-of-place inclusion. The new companions don't really add to the game. A lot of their quests and general design just detracts and doesn't fit with the quality and context of the story of the actual game on offer.

This would be like if Sega released Super Mario on nes but for the Switch, and for no reason at all, one of the levels was just like.. Mario Galaxy quality mixed with Sonic '06 and then the very next level it went back to normal the rest of the game. What the fuck is the point???

The worst offense is that they took the originals off the market unless you purchased their shitty EE versions. At least they are still obtainable, but that is some epic level scum-baggery.

Then go do that, and fuck off.

Jason Liang

Arcane

Ignore the haters. They will be obsolete. You are the future.

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
In matter of taste, there can be no disputes.

I'm pretty sure there was shitty companions and their quest in original games, but no one is complaining about them.

If there were no EEs, I would probably never play the game and finish it. And I think that I'm not silent in this regard.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
I think the biggest retarded thing that is happening here is that folks seem to think that this is the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition thread, which it's not. There's a different megathread for the enhanced editions:

http://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/beamdogs-baldurs-gate-1-2-enhanced-editions.69788/

And yet, time and again, people keep posting their "I'm going to do a run of XYZ" and "What mods do I use for XYZ run" and "How do you romance XYZ" in this thread only for it turn out that they're bleating on about Enhanced Edition content. Which this thread isn't about.

It helps to avoid all the dumbfuckery if you simply post to the correct thread, where one is more likely to find like-minded gentlemen.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
If there were no EEs, I would probably never play the game and finish it.
So sad. Then you wouldn't be posting here. Imagine our disappointment. All these new BG players are such a blessing for old fucks like me, I can hardly imagine living without them and their endearing and so very refreshing views on CRPGs...:roll:
Beamdog be praised !:happytrollboy:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom