Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
I think the boys here can find a better video game waifu than one who writes about Neverwinter Nights 1. I do like asian women, though.
Why is your elf avatar black?

Everyone knows elves can look Asian or white but real elves cannot be black. Only drow...And theyre more purple.

How can I take you seriously when I keep thinking your avatar wants to steal my shoes?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Also,wasn't a dragon form shit? I feel that majority of the game you will suck with this build.

The dragon form itself is not shit, it's just difficult getting to it and that's why people usually don't use it. You don't have to be a Shifter to get it, however, so that's one plus.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Everyone knows elves can look Asian or white but real elves cannot be black. Only drow...And theyre more purple.
They can be pink too.
N1viY8S.png

Cael

Arcane
He is Australian,everyone is a mainlander for him :lol:. I have noticed that Cael is really butthurt when it comes to Chinese people. Maybe some chink eat his kenguru or something.
Oh no, buddy. A mainlander, to other Chinese (i.e., not from China), is basically a shorthand description of a blind, ultra-nationalistic, jingoistic, arrogant shithead, epitomised by the One Child Policy, which created whole generations of brats who were doted on by not only their parents but two sets of grandparents. Basically a couple of generations of spoilt little brats who would assault lecturers in other nations because they didn't like what the lecturers said. Understandably, the other Chinese really don't like being associated with the pukes and thus the pejorative "mainlander" epithet.

Also,wasn't a dragon form shit? I feel that majority of the game you will suck with this build.
In a word: Yes. But good luck telling him that.

PorkBarrellGuy

what has happened to this thread

it was supposed to be about a shitty EE of a shitty game and now it's about shitty geopolitics

Lhynn

Arcane
Well, Lhynn. Are you ready to retract your statements about your friend now?
What statement? the one that made a claim that the character was a dex build was you. The build is a standard caster build until epics, and should have no problem with anything in the game. Breach is a thing so it will never worry about SR.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hey guys,does anyone knows any console commands for advancing quests? I found out that if you save during dialogue and then load it the dialogue fucked up and is viewed as finished. Even if it didn't advanced the quest or activated the trigger. Now i fucked the Aribeth tale in the second chapter.
:negative:
Beamdog should be burned to the ground and people there lynched!

rogueknight333

Arbiter
Hey guys,does anyone knows any console commands for advancing quests...

I think saving in the middle of conversations had the potential to cause problems even in the original NWN, so I am not sure if this is Beamdog's fault. At any rate, it should be possible in principle to fix things with Debug Mode commands like "SetVarInt" and "SetVarModInt." However, one would need to know just what you messed up and then look up in the toolset what variables need to be set to what numbers to fix it, so it might not be uncomplicated. If you have not progressed much beyond the point where you broke out of the conversation the simplest method might be to simply reset the conversational variable on Aribeth (or whoever you were talking to) so you can go through the conversation again.

Lacrymas

Arcane
AFAIK, it was a problem with the original as well. Didn't the loading screen tips tell you specifically not to exit a conversation with ESC? Which probably means you shouldn't save during them either.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Still not fixing a known bug and selling it for EE is just lazy. I was lucky and had a autosave a half an before the fuckup. Also leaving dialogue with ESC is not a problem,you just have to redo the dialogue,i do it all the time,especially when i want to see other dialogue options. Replaying the game now i am really sad that i can't just leave the city of Neverwinter just burn to the ground with all its retarded citizen,it is shame that we can't kill annoying npcs like the nigger.

Lhynn

Arcane
Just download the mod that unlocks all chapters and start from chapter 3.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Kind of pointless, though, since all chapters have the same structure, just different wallpaper. I'd directly start from SoU.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Kind of pointless, though, since all chapters have the same structure, just different wallpaper. I'd directly start from SoU.
You are a battlefag, i do replay the game for the story,mainly the ones from the companions. They do have very well written short stories,great fun rereading them.

Cael

Arcane
You are a battlefag, i do replay the game for the story,mainly the ones from the companions. They do have very well written short stories,great fun rereading them.
HotU has a pretty good one with Nathyrra, except hers is far more serious. Linu and Tomi were exceptionally hilarious even by NWN standards.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Still not fixing a known bug and selling it for EE is just lazy. I was lucky and had a autosave a half an before the fuckup. Also leaving dialogue with ESC is not a problem,you just have to redo the dialogue,i do it all the time,especially when i want to see other dialogue options. Replaying the game now i am really sad that i can't just leave the city of Neverwinter just burn to the ground with all its retarded citizen,it is shame that we can't kill annoying npcs like the nigger.
This doesn't sound like the kind of thing that can be fixed. Who ever heard of a game that allows you to save during dialogue?

PorkBarrellGuy

of all the games to play for the story, NWN OC? Really now.

Cael

Arcane

Well, it was always the first thing I did when I went to a new chapter: get a merc to join up, exhaust his/her story, kick him/her out and repeat with the next merc until I got all of them. It was funny how over the top they all are.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Didn't the loading screen tips tell you specifically not to exit a conversation with ESC? Which probably means you shouldn't save during them either.
If I recall the tips merely say that saving during conversation is the same as using escape to exit, and that some npcs would be upset. Nothing about bugs.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Well, it was always the first thing I did when I went to a new chapter: get a merc to join up, exhaust his/her story, kick him/her out and repeat with the next merc until I got all of them. It was funny how over the top they all are.
This,also the game have some good writing in it. It is on far higher level than PoE or DOS games. Also i am playing a few hours a day,because it could become boring with its shitty level design,fuck all caves filled with stupid monsters.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
This doesn't sound like the kind of thing that can be fixed. Who ever heard of a game that allows you to save during dialogue?
If you have adequate console commands,it is not hard to do. You just have reactivate the trigger or progress the quest so it could activate the next trigger. That is why i love the Bethesda engine and how open it is,you can fix almost all the bugs that you come by,and mess around as much as you like. Also you can quicksave in most rpgs during the dialogue.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
it can be fixed. there's an aborted event which should fire if the conversation was canceled before reaching an end node. one could set default flags in case something goes wrong.
That is why i love the Bethesda engine and how open it is,you can fix almost all the bugs that you come by,and mess around as much as you like. Also you can quicksave in most rpgs during the dialogue.
then start the toolset, load your module, look up the flags and fix it yourself. aurora offers the same kind of flexibility.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom