Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tenebris

Scholar
From the way Josh has been talking about it I don't think romance will be race-locked.

2house2fly

Magister
Racial preferences would be cool, could add to the character (e.g. Solas in Dragon Age who is only interested in elves) but players who are into romances don't like being cut off from having a romance entirely, so racial preferences would probably be better to have in a game with a lot of potential options. Otherwise they'd get screams of "I can't romance Aloth if I'm playing a dwarf?!"

2house2fly

Magister
I'm indifferent to romance in general, but if they're going to have one, might as well make it revealing about the character if they can

Parabalus

Arcane
Racial preferences would be cool, could add to the character (e.g. Solas in Dragon Age who is only interested in elves) but players who are into romances don't like being cut off from having a romance entirely, so racial preferences would probably be better to have in a game with a lot of potential options. Otherwise they'd get screams of "I can't romance Aloth if I'm playing a dwarf?!"

I think dwarfs were outright blocked from all romances in Bg2, always found kinda dumb.

If racial preferences played into the broader relationship system that would be cool though, even some minor +- "points" would add flavour.

Sannom

Augur
Those are nice, but they should probably get rid of the lady one with the boob pooches. Like, I don't know how that is supposed to work!

Pizzashoes

Scholar
You think any woman wants to make love with a dwarf? Having said that, they could have made Mazzy an option. Jaheira didn't have to be the only one to start searching for new dick within days of her lover's death.

Man, this conversation reminds me of this huge autist on the obsidian forums. He spent the entire development cycle of Pillars ranting about including romances in the game. And it looks like he won.

Prime Junta

you people need to get out more

if you're at the point where you're ready to fuck a dwarf i'm sure there's someone out there for you IRL too

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
See, this is why you don't add romances. Once you do that it opens the door for all kinds of weirdos making all kind of dumbass demands because they want their specific identity of furrykin or wolfkin to be represent. Fuck everything about this with Iron Man's steel cock.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

if you're at the point where you're ready to fuck a dwarf i'm sure there's someone out there for you IRL too
:negative: Does that mean that there is nobody for us,people that still have some standards?! Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a natural blond mace swinging paladin/warrior woman in real life?

Parabalus

Arcane

To me it's funny halflings and gnomes are enabled. What's even the relevant difference between them and dwarves?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Those three couldn't be further apart. Dwarves are tiny Vikings, halflings are white Gypsies, and gnomes are basically Jews.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a natural blond mace swinging paladin/warrior woman in real life?

In Bulgaria? I like to imagine Slav-women are the only ones who still follow the old ways. Someday I'd like to fly out there and enact my four-year plan of grooming a 12-year-old blonde girl for marriage.

Jokes aside, the gentleman I was referring to was BruceVC. But it looks like there were a whole bunch of these people intent on shoehorning romance into a professional adventuring party.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Sharkboy- Bi
Aloth - Gay Straight
Eder - Straight Gay
Pallegina - Celibate
Kana Maia - Lesbo Straight
Xoti- Waifu Bi
Serafan - Straight Ambiguous, makes suggestive comments to all PCs, but is not attracted to them if pressed on the issue.

There, much less stereotypical. Except Sharkboy, but we all know what he's into.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Sharkboy- Bi
Aloth - Gay Straight
Eder - Straight Gay
Pallegina - Celibate
Xoti- Waifu Bi
Serafan - Straight Ambiguous, makes suggestive comments to all PCs, but is not attracted to them if pressed on the issue.

There, much less stereotypical. Except Sharkboy, but we all know what he's into.

I would love if this was the case. The multi-forum uproar over the only non-depraved romance option for the majority of players being the half-ogre woman (decent as her potrait may be) will be worth it. But, alas, modders would soon “fix it.”

Generic-Giant-Spider

See, this is why you don't add romances. Once you do that it opens the door for all kinds of weirdos making all kind of dumbass demands because they want their specific identity of furrykin or wolfkin to be represent. Fuck everything about this with Iron Man's steel cock.

This is true.

And romance in RPGs often reads like some high schooler's first kiss which attracts other incels and before you know it you have Undertale's fandom. It's like Pazuzu opening up Pandora's Box. Nothing good will come from it.

2house2fly

Magister
Iron Man doesn't have a steel cock, he's an ordinary human with a suit of armour and a jetpack

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sharkboy- Bi
Aloth - Gay Straight
Eder - Straight Gay
Pallegina - Celibate
Xoti- Waifu Bi

There is a good reason for stereotypes,in real life you can recognize a faggot a mile away.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
You're not funny.
You're a cretin.
You're using the avatar of a mentally-deficient man, and you called me dumb. That is exactly the kind of humor I enjoy. I hope we can become friends. Now, if you want to experience how someone can say racist/sexist/LGBTQist things from a place of love and understanding, I recommend watching Chappelle's Show or his new specials. They are both excellent.

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
Make all companions PC-averse. Meaning that if you play a girl, all the women are straight and all the men are gay. Also they not only shoot the PC down, they also romance each other and you have to watch them being lovebirds. Because of that everyone will call you the Peepin' Watcher in-game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom