Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sentinel

Arcane
Wrong. A certain game released in 2015 and another released in 2017 got me that magic back. PoE is just subpar compared to BG2 and is one of the weakest Obsidian games I've played (the only one worse was NWN2).
and to think I was so very close to backing this game during the campaign

what a bullet I dodged

Why would you consider pre-ordering a sequel to something you didn't like???
Why would I put 197 hours into a game I didn't like???

Delterius

Arcane
Wrong. A certain game released in 2015 and another released in 2017 got me that magic back. PoE is just subpar compared to BG2 and is one of the weakest Obsidian games I've played (the only one worse was NWN2).

what a bullet I dodged

WHY???

Quillon

Arcane

what a bullet I dodged

Same reason why you have been discussing about that game you didn't like for all this time.

Starwars

Arcane
You have to do that so you can participate in the forum discussions and so there is no possible way that you could miss screenshoting that juicy little SJW nugget where a character hits on another character of the same sex. Or so you can do proper comparisons just how bad *this* writer is compared to *that* writer, and of course comparing the writing to every single piece of writing in the world. Complaining about Megan Starks will obviously be a big point here, as will continuing fun trends like saying Josh has autism, while you yourself have 32423551 posts in a thread about a game you don't like.
And of course, new to Deadfire... discussions about Imperialism! Wohoo, fuck me if I'm not looking forward to that.

And then there will be discussions on the 11 reviews coming out of the Codex.

Stuff like that is the most important part of gaming nowdays. My god, it's gonna be so EXCITING!

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

what a bullet I dodged

WHY???
Because you don't have anything better and fresh to play.

Sentinel

Arcane

what a bullet I dodged

Same reason why you have been discussing about that game you didn't like for all this time.
yeah, 'cause I had hopes PoE2 was gonna improve. I believed all the dev excuses for PoE1. I watched the documentary. I felt bad for them. Now everyone left except Sawyer. I'm just here to watch the wildfire and try out the demo version - only to realize the game is probably crashing on every load, buffs stacking infinitely, and then promptly set it aside to try out 1 year later when all the patches are done.

I saw someone suggesting that Obsidian should have gone under. I don't wish unemployment on anyone, and from a selfish point of view I completely agree with him. Current Obsidian is just a rotting corpse walking about. It's comparable to post 2007 BioWare in that aspect.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

what a bullet I dodged

I saw someone suggesting that Obsidian should have gone under. I don't wish unemployment on anyone, and from a selfish point of view I completely agree with him. Current Obsidian is just a rotting corpse walking about. It's comparable to post 2007 BioWare in that aspect.
Come on mate,don't be that pessimistic,a true rotting corpse is biowaste. Lets just wait for the game to be released and then proclaim that obsidian is shit. Also i don't want any rpg studio to go under,even if their games are shit,they still could bring new people the RPG genre. It is not like we are drowning in rpgs.

Tenebris

Scholar
Well I can see POE3 as some sort of Andromeda failure... It's starts when you always afraid...add full VO

If that happens all there is to do is wait for the next crpg revival with industry veterans Josh Sawyer, Chris Avellone, George Ziets, etc...under a new company. Then we start the cycle all over again.

Sentinel

Arcane
It's almost like they're trying to recapture their childhood of playing Baldur's Gate and they can't accept that PoE is a good game.
And they will never get that magic back again. Ever. It's gone, and you can't go back

name them

(if its divinity you're wrong)
Witcher 3 w/ expacs & Nier Automata.
inb4 storyfag begone

Sentinel

Arcane
It's almost like they're trying to recapture their childhood of playing Baldur's Gate and they can't accept that PoE is a good game.
And they will never get that magic back again. Ever. It's gone, and you can't go back

name them

(if its divinity you're wrong)
oogaboogaaa.jpg

YELLOWMAN ROCK GAME AND SQUATTING MAN ROCK GAME GOOD AS ROCK GATE 1 AND 1 PLUS 1

Uh huh. Go away, grug
ovwfDcL.jpg

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah with all the Sawyer hate it's no wonder why the man won't come and visit with us. Maybe if people around here were more welcoming, more devs would take the site seriously.

Hey, newfag!
Take your safe space for devs and shove it up your ass so deep that only your mother reached it with her tongue.
Devs have a plethora of cancerous forums to "take seriously" where speech is obnoxiously regulated that became just a platform for fanbois.

Tell me the writing in Pillars is poor. What game did you play? This game is better than Baldur's Gate.
The confirmation you're a cretin.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Hey, newfag!
Take your safe space for devs and shove it up your ass so deep that only your mother reached it with her tongue.
Devs have a plethora of cancerous forums to "take seriously" where speech is obnoxiously regulated that became just a platform for fanbois.
It was a joke, guy. A lot of autists here seem to be missing my sense of humor. I even changed my avatar to a black elf to make it easier to understand.

I admit it may be confusing to get a read on someone who cycles through irony and sincerity, but you should expect random posters have a handle on the site's culture.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Prime Junta

https://www.reddit.com/r/projectete..._will_be_fully_voice_acted/dxbm4ba/?context=3

ObsidianEric said:
So Backer Update #46 is in development hell. It's a long story. We were going to do one thing with it, we shot it, we edited it, we mixed the audio -- and then nobody liked what came out at the end. We had to keelhaul it. However, /u/mikey2x4 and /u/moobs_likejagger are hard at work on a replacement. I'm sure we'll have something soon.

Fuck me, Sawyer's gone full Sawyer even on the backer updates :dealwithit:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom