Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Also they're showing upcoming updates at PAX?:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

You can see few things in this photo:

- Steam Machines. They're showing PC version there, at least for public.
- New camera guy after Thomas.
- 2B's back.

Jezal_k23

Act 4 spoilers, if anyone still cares...

So I decided to beat the doctor at his full power... I came up with a cheesy solution, but I didn't see another way to do it. Also I don't give a fuck, because it felt good to execute it.

I stacked a shitload of metal crates (and a chest) in front of the back door (each crate has about 10k hp), teleported him inside after he transformed and closed the door. Afterwards it was a matter of getting rid of his 26k of armor... enrage + onslaught by the red prince took out a lot of it, the remaining party members worked on the rest. I made sure to knock him out as well so he could never do shit. To my surprise he regenerated 8k physical armor per turn, but it was not enough to overtake the damage I was capable of doing.

In the meantime, his army gathered in front of the door, very slowly going through the metal crates. I had well enough time for to kill Adramahlihk.

The picture shows the moment when Adramahlihk was near death, but there were even more crates in the beginning of the fight. I think the amount of crates I got was just right because the rest of the gang was about to get through the crates.

After he was dead, taking care of everyone else was just a matter of casting thunderstorm, meteor shower, hailstorm, etc (apotheosis allowed for this) because everyone was bunched up together trying to get through the boxes.

TOASpn3.jpg

Cheesy? Yeah, as fuck. Still kinda proud of it though.

Soundtrack for the fight: Audioslave's self titled album. Was awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iznaliu

Arbiter
More codexers should have posted metacritic reviews, could have gotten it up to 95 or more.

User reviews are out of 10; it's the critic reviews that are out of 100 (and which are usually the big deal, as they can't be gamed very easily), so unless Codexers decide to land a job with IGN or something, there's no way that's going to happen.

Jezal_k23

Well... it's done. That was a very, very large game. It was ok... it has big problems but I can't say I didn't have fun sometimes like with the Adramahlihk fight.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
SWEN VINCKE'S ABOUT TO CONSOLE YOU. Suck this update down: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/2155759

Also changes to the journal and inventory with the console release.

Kickstarter Update 46 - Having a bad day? Let us console you…

Welcome to Kickstarter Update #46!

It's been a busy few months for us, and in our radio silence we’ve been hiding a few big secrets. We’re about ready to burst with the news, so here’s Swen with an update!

We’ve been hard at work and are delighted we can finally announce our big news:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 will be coming to PS4 and Xbox One in August this year!

We’re partnering with Bandai Namco Entertainment, the same folks who brought us legendary titles like Pacman, Soul Calibur, and Dark Souls. We’re excited to be working with them, and they'll be working tirelessly to get copies of Divinity: Original Sin 2 to all four corners of Rivel-... um, Earth!

PAX East
We're just back from PAX East, and our fans took to couch co-op like fire arrows to an oil surface. Since everyone was using split-screen and controllers, Swen took the opportunity to test a new build with some of the features coming to the console edition of Divinity: Original Sin 2.

15431186ef52a41cd63964f24d2846a6_original.jpg

b54f3ea90d5a8320c96d76a15983a6eb_original.jpg

Journal

Your feedback has always been invaluable to us, and we’re still listening! Its safe to say that your number one request in Divinity: Original Sin 2 was for a better journal, so we’ve been hard at work on just that. Our new and improved journal still won't hold you by the hand, but it will be a more direct and useful tool.

• We’ve shortened the text to make it clear what you are supposed to do.
  • We’ve split multiple paths within the same quest into subdivisions.
  • When the journal gives you map markers, you can now jump straight from that journal entry to the specific marker on the map screen.
3716b94614ce2b72d5b401ed2aa1e96a_original.jpg

Inventory

The second biggest request we’ve received is for better inventory management. While we began by looking for ways to tweak the system, we ultimately decided the best idea was to redo it from the ground up.

Here’s a screenshot of the party inventory system while playing with a controller:

5fb07c5139f9e23a86d76f9899157ed7_original.jpg

You’ll soon be able to see your whole party's inventory at-a-glance, and we’ve also added multi-selecting. This will make it easier to bulk-select items to add to your wares or hand over to your teammates.

Let there be tunes!
We’re also excited to say that the soundtrack to Divinity: Original Sin 2 is coming out on vinyl! Our wonderful composer Borislav Slavov’s incredible soundtrack is coming on limited edition 180g double vinyl this month. The full soundtrack is out now on all streaming services (Spotify, Apple Music, etc.), and Bandcamp, too.

The vinyl is pressed on high quality 180 gram vinyl and comes in Audiophile Black, Red/Black Starburst, and Gold. It sounds beautiful, and this is definitely one for the collection. (Don't own a record player? Now might be a good time to invest in one). As an added bonus, the vinyl comes with the soundtrack's printed sheet music. If you've ever wanted to bard it up with one of Bobby's amazing tracks, now's your chance.

a7f0eb873c67fcef45cf49ec5b485585_original.jpg

Metacritic

Finally, we were surprised by the arrival of an unexpected award this week - The Metacritic Award! Our Metacritic score represents the game's collected critical opinion. This award is given to titles that earned a score above 90, and DOS2 finished 2017 with a 93. It's a tremendous privilege, and we're very happy to have earned the distinction.

A large part of this journey started with the Kickstarter for the first Divinity: Original Sin, followed of course by this campaign for Divinity: Original Sin 2. To all our backers, thank you again for supporting us when our games were still little more than twinkles in our eyes. Your belief in us empowered our team to create something we can all share together.

90f66414b7767c1219bf556a74be9464_original.jpg

More news to come

All of the above is just a taste of what we’ve been working on, and we’ve much more news to come! In the meantime, we can't thank you enough for the support, passion, and feedback you’ve given (and continue to give) us!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.gamereactor.eu/news/645453/Divinity+Original+Sin+II+getting+refined+systems+and+content/

"We are also working on the content. There's things that we're doing we haven't announced yet so I can't talk about it just yet, but we are making content changes where we thought it was necessary; there were parts that were not as good as the rest of the game, so we're fixing those. And there will be a few other things that we're adding."

Also from the video: "It's a public secret that we're trying to make a very big RPG that dwarf them all. So we're still working on that. We're not there yet."

cruel

Cipher
I bought it almost day one and since then played less than 3h, can't stand the armor system and lost hope they will ever fix it. What's the best option at this point?

- install 6 party mod to reduce the impact of physical / magical armor crap (game may be too easy?)
- install de-bloat mod and hope it will make the fights less tedious
- play everything on easy (is it worth playing this way at all?)
- something else?

cruel

Cipher
Yeah, I was a proud man and assumed (logic, right?) that if D:OS1 was fine and they are making some things better, the game will be good. Who sane would take something and make it actually worse, impossible. So I thought...

Kitchen Utensil

Yeah, I was a proud man and assumed (logic, right?) that if D:OS1 was fine and they are making some things better, the game will be good. Who sane would take something and make it actually worse, impossible. So I thought...

Yeah, impossible. Just almost every sequel to a good thing (book, film, game) ever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom