Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mobile Gaming - Only good exclusive games you find.

Perkel

Arcane
So like everyone else here i find mobile gaming shit.
Obviously there is reason for that. Shit games.

Which is why precisely why i made this thread. I want to focus on actual good games so dexers could do something with their phones and maybe play some good games.

RULES:

1. Only exclusives to mobiles. No ports.
2. No shit games. Only legit games you can actually recommend for other codexers to play.
3. One game per post where you describe and try to explain why game is good.

Perkel

Arcane
Terra Battle

made by Mistwalker (founded by Sakaguchi - creator of Final Fantasy)

Gameplay:

This is the game that made me think about this thread and which convinced me that phones have now some great game.

Game does in fact feature mobile crap attributes like stamina or buying power, but this is mostly Single Player tactical/rpg game and game offers you a lot of interesting gameplay. Not only gameplay is pretty good and gameplay loop but game aspires to be above mobile gaming crap. Art is fucking stellar, music is sublime and which is the most weird thing about it Story is actually pretty good. Story resolves around exploration of titular world Terra and from chapter to chapter you start to meet various characters and kind of learn about this world, there are various boss battles that are creatively designed.

As i said on start, game unfortunately features some of mobile crap and you can't buy it to get out of this crap so be prepared to play only at best few hours a day and you can forget about collecting all the characters in game as it would require probably years of grinding. That being said they often give energy (premium currency) just for logging once in while so if you play regulary game you won't be having problems with recruiting extra characters that could change completely your combat builds.

That being said what you get in story (character do join you in story and your party expands while playing story) is enough so you don't need to actually spend energy at all for anything. Only problem is energy which kind of limits how long you can play, but it is recovered each day and when you clear chapter (so in general you can actually play whole day as long as you are good in it).

Pros:
- Legit good tactical RPG game
- Shitload of interesting characters, ton of equipment etc. which gives shitload of interesting builds you can make.
- amazing art (art director Hideo Minaba of Final Fantasy V, VI, Tactics, IX and XII fame)
- amazing music mostly made by Umeatsu (and few great Squaresoft composers who pitched in)
-
actual interesting story to follow (though it starts slow)
- while game has mobile schemes you can finish game without problem without spending anything.

Cons:
- stamina system which limits amount you can play daily
- ability to buy power

Also i think Terra Battle has one of the best Umeatsu works:

some amazing character art:
3e90186675c186e10fac4069a65d93d3a1c9d0e4_1_353x499.png
9f5ad22a066c1c19e36cfaffff00065c.jpg
terra_battle_conceptart_2q0Ev.jpg

Also there is Terra Battle 2. I am yet to play it but i heard they made it even better than TB1 so i look forward to it.

Last edited:
Day R Survival

Post-apo Russkie survival (nukular disaster I think, not zombie themed).

Lot's of crafting. Almost no combat. Lot's of traveling across the slavic wastelands. Only really bad thing I noticed so far is the occasional add.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ananias Mobile Roguelike:

http://ananiasgame.com/

One of the few mobile roguelikes that are decent. No ads, you can pay for additional playable character classes but other than that it's completely free. It's pretty simple, but it's fun.

AND IT HAS NO MICROTRANSACTIONS!

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Day R Survival

Post-apo Russkie survival (nukular disaster I think, not zombie themed).

Lot's of crafting. Almost no combat. Lot's of traveling across the slavic wastelands. Only really bad thing I noticed so far is the occasional add.

This also doesn't look to bad !

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I would be happy for a list of games with NO MICROJEWRY, regardles of whether they are good, shit or mobile excloosive.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
:necro:
Yeah, ya'll will hate me but I was thinking posting mobile games here is better than posting and muddying up real gaming threads. So...

Anyway, I was fucking around on the apple ios apps looking at Dragon Quest games then typed Ultima. I found 2 games i may buy:

$1.99 for Lowlander
$2.99 for Lowlander II

My adventure thus far:
697sWha.png

YO35PT2.png

DGoHxKU.png

xie9St3.png

XjnJ5py.png

SrtpQNz.jpg

46o4v42.png

bA6mIEJ.png

EOvENKY.png

FzGMRBr.png

oo8sUsn.png

So, a pretty quick game. Nice music, easy interface, sound is ok. Not terrible for $2. A tad short though.

OFF TO LOWLANDER II!!!

7h30n

Augur
I finally got a new phone, so I was looking at anything worthwhile. So far I've found the following exclusives.

The GO Trilogy

Well, this started off as exclusive, but Hitman GO and Lara Croft GO are available on Steam. So I guess only Deus Ex GO remains exclusive. Anyways, all three games are excellent puzzle games, with Lara Croft GO being one of the best puzzle games I've played in a while. If you don't want the whole trilogy, or find it unappealing I really suggest you take a look at Lara Croft GO, it is that good! The weakest entry is Deus Ex GO, but it has a level editor.

Developer stories (couple of minutes each):
  1. Hitman GO -- https://youtu.be/qb4w6BCi-g8
  2. Lara Croft GO -- https://youtu.be/DqPBLnvs8FQ
  3. Deus Ex GO -- https://youtu.be/v1QZUP5fB3A
Aka to Blue

Best bullet hell game on phones. It controls, looks and plays amazingly. There are 5 stages (I'm stuck on 3rd), and two characters Aka and Blue. The game is a bit pricey, but it's made by lone Japanese developer. I really wanted to support such great games on phones in hopes we get more of this and not that in-app cashgrab drivel with the same cartoony art styles.

Stage 1 playthrough -- https://youtu.be/XDtMFjeCAXM

Command & Conquer: Rivals

Nope, I'm not joking! This game distills a proper RTS to a mobile screen. There's scouting, there's rushing, there's gambling on teching or investing into economy, and there's micro... lots and lots of micro. I was surprised how well this game plays and how it managed to capture the essence of the genre. It is the typical kind of free to play with purchases for unit level ups and stuff like that which mars the experience, but the game is cut above the rest. I feel like you can play this without buying anything and still win through strategy. I haven't spent a dime on this, and I've been breezing through the ladder even against people with higher level units (mobile phone gamers really don't know how to play RTS games). The game does lock the level difference, so you too should not have problems. Note, if you start playing PM me for 1v1s oh and a pro tip -- the game is actually hex based which is very convenient for touch controls and allows you to micro easily.

Some review (26min) -- https://youtu.be/wLkQZpxXdjk

Japanese developer Mistwalker has confirmed that its RPG title Terra Battle will cease all operations on June 30th, 2020.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I shouldn't offer weed to waifus... esp under-aged looking ones even if they say they're a few hundred years old. Liar!
xIOruFD.jpg

6TUxM8m.jpg

jouEy6z.jpg

FbXHvZ4.jpg

Utterly boring. But english voice actors so eh.. The app worjs but you can't but the trash it seems. I wanted one to say something else. It eats your cash snd gives you nothing. I complained to idea factory and they said they'd fix it. NAda. They don't give a crap. And its pretty boring anyways. If you want to grind cakes just tap the damn screen as fast as you can and don't bother with the talk to them shit (exit that if it pops up). Ignore the mini game and forget the pat the head game. Grind cakes and tap on each one before after Waking up, after work alert, after bed time alert. That's it. Boring as fuck meant to milk your cash for voice acting and playing dressup in locations. You can bad mouth them and tell them you're having a shitty time. I recall i had a pocket pikachu and neglected to feed it. It left forever even after resetting it. Not sure if they'd tell you to fuck off or not. That be romhack dlc.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
That reminds me of the startek NG episode with the addictive funnel game that was brainwashing the crew.

Of course Riker was screwing a Kardashian at the time.
kim-cardassian.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom