Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Copper Dreams Kickstarter Update #18: An Early Look At The Alpha

Morkar Left

Codex as usual is always on topic... I think she can wear short hair. Looks nice enough.

I'm a bit worried they don't overstretch their money.

Copper Dreams looks cool. Great artstyle and it seems to have many game systems in it. Really curious to play when it's done.

To my surprise indie games actually seem to turn out very well pushing rpgs forward. Maybe they can start a youtube series sometime packaging all their indie game experiences into a devtalk (including how it affects their life).

Need to improve UI, i.e. colour choices, overall design and layout. The UI as it stands now looks bloody awful.
Going with the hex tile was a smart move, and really the obvious one.

Can't believe I made it through the first 7:00 of that video. What bullshit.

Grab the Codex by the pussy
I feel so sad about them selling their house
If you feel sad just buy a bunch of SitS copies. There. Problem solved.

Codex as usual is always on topic... I think she can wear short hair. Looks nice enough.
Who cares about stupid long hair? She is an artistic developer of cRPGs and she is probably highly literate too. She will be attractive even with leukemia.

Last edited:

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
What the hell is it with devs selling their houses to make games?

Thank god I already Kickstarted this anyway and can save my charitybucks for the Coles ...

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
I get the feeling some people don't understand what house flipping is. It's a common way to make money in America; you purchase a relatively cheap house in an area that you expect to appreciate in value, you fix the house up, and sell it for a profit. It's not the same thing as going bankrupt and having to sell your house due to foreclosure.

Here is a post where they explain what they did: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...alenought-studios.103709/page-58#post-5506573

Nael

Arcane
your hair must have fucking stunk and looked oily as shit

Sensuki and agentorange - Clean long hair buddies, doin clean long hair type things.

:love:

Loggins_Messina2-e1443581645747.jpg

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't think the game is going to sell good just based on how it looks

People are very visual since years ago, a good game under a wrong colour palette is difficult to sell, this game is going to have that problem. They should try to move to something like Shadowrun, neon colours and something different than 4 scales of grey.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron

People are very visual since years ago, a good game under a wrong colour palette is difficult to sell, this game is going to have that problem. They should try to move to something like Shadowrun, neon colours and something different than 4 scales of grey.

I'd like to disagree but yeah, colour=$$$ :mixedemotions:

aratuk

Cipher

Hmm. I think you might have a point. Maybe it's that as they've updated the graphical style of the game, the muted palette isn't working as well. Used to be more unadorned splotches that showed up brighter, kind of indistinct suggestions of shapes, now more shadows on top of what is already subdued and detailed.

It's more realistic this way, but that seems unlikely to help draw attention, which is kind of a shame. "Punchier," garish Blade Runner color around the grimy particulars is the smart move.

Diggfinger

Arcane

That comment makes me want to back, in hopes they keep the gritty look.

Honestly, I think the last alpha is the coolest the game has looked yet.
Perhaps Im judging too fast, but didnt really like the last gameplay video which made it look a an isometric MGS1. While the sneaking bits are cool, and hiding in cover looks rad, I dont particularly want to be doing too much climbing on boxes/jumping on roof tops kindda stealth thing.

Overall, this is a game a really *want* to be hyped for. Obviously, it ticks many boxes (sci-fi-horror setting, TB). I just wish Joe and Hannah would 'take us along for the ride' a bit more. I still have many questions about how it will actually look/play.

Hey Whalenought_Joe how far is the interface coming along?
It looks more stripped down in the latest video, still testing it out?

Last edited:
Grab the Codex by the pussy
If a person decides to be an indie developer he/she is already making a gamble. It does not make any sense to be a indie developer while trying to imitate what people assumed to be the trend in wider audiences without any data. They should do what they know best and give a personality to their game. That being said, it is a thin line between having a personality and being dismissive of feedback. They need to be open to criticism, while maintaining a strong vision. I enjoyed SitS, but something was missing, and I can’t put my finger in what exactly. Maybe I wanted more content, I don’t know. This game is already an improvement over SitS. I hope they nail it.

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
Shame that their last game isn't selling all that well. Their dedication deserves to be awarded.
I've just bought a copy of SitS as a small token of encouragementfor their efforts at Incline. If anyone wants to do as well, go here or here (70% discount right now).

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

Dont want to agree, bt I should.

Visually, I prefered the initial lo-fi style. That was excellent. Now it looks more ordinary and forgettable to me. Also more suspect, mechanics-wise. Hoping that the game content and the systems will elevate each other.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think it looks better now for general public. But the walking animations are still bad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom