Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fry

Arcane
Hopefully that's not THE announcement.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So for those of us who were pretending we had something better to do...? What was it? Is Critical Role doing a POE campaign now or something?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So for those of us who were pretending we had something better to do...? What was it? Is Critical Role doing a POE campaign now or something?

No, they just announced that they're all doing voice acting for the game. Hardly a revelation since Matt Mercer (Eder and Aloth voice actor) was obviously in already.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
These people look like stereotypical west coast geeks. How can such degenerate-looking fellows disparage gamers' tastes?

Sannom

Augur
I think I've been vaccinated against those "announcements" ever since the Witcher console port thing. We never can have nice things!

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
well the only two explanations i see is
1) they are that bad a marketing
2) because of the delay, they got themselves in this situation where they had to promote the game at pax, vs evil and obsidian probably thought it was the occasion to hype the game, they decided to make an annoucement about something exciting about deafire, and ended up announcing this

either way :lol:

i think sawyer just implicitly said he wanted to see more games by avellone
this was one weird stream

Ent

Savant
I could've started making that cheesecake instead of wasting my time on this. Oh well never again.

Starwars

Arcane
I expected a "hey, we'll have full voiceacting" announcement and got something even worse, wohoo!

Fry

Arcane
Granted, I hang around the codex so what the fuck would I know, but I'm not sure Obs really understands their core audience.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
is Critical Role super popular elsewhere or something? i can't see why most would care about this.

They do seem to have a pretty big following online, but yeah... not the most interesting of announcements. Maybe there's some good crossover between Critical Role and Pax attendees.

Quillon

Arcane
One day they'll have an actual great thing to announce and no one will be interested :P

Ent

Savant
I'm pretty sure a fair amount of their audience is that hipster HEY NERD STUFF IS COOL crowd but this announcement seems pretty underwhelming even by that standard.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here's the announcement from Mikey Dowling's end:

"We will have more announcements in the coming week...we have a lot of cool announcements based on this"

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Granted, I hang around the codex so what the fuck would I know, but I'm not sure Obs really understands their core audience.

The part where they hired team of cosplayers for promotion didn't give it away?

"RPGs are for nerds and nerds are people who like, are into elves and shit" - Obsidian Director of Marketing, probably.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
cb2aa7a665464e113e78083ff2d8875721a1c6292094694461a30a8079a28596.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom