Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Don't you mean fagina?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So when you eat up her cloaca does it count as eating ass or giving head? This is important guys please
LoL now we are going very deep in philosophical territory. Well it depends what the guy is thinking. If he goes with the mind of ass slurping then it is that,if he goes with the thought of pussy licking then it is pussy licking.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
LOLing at this thread
101676.jpg
Smiley-rollingoverlaughing.gif~c200

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So when you eat up her cloaca does it count as eating ass or giving head? This is important guys please
LoL now we are going very deep in philosophical territory. Well it depends what the guy is thinking. If he goes with the mind of ass slurping then it is that,if he goes with the thought of pussy licking then it is pussy licking.
so you support subjective reality as opposed to hard coded objective views of reality, whatever the reality is, it may exist but everyone process sensory input internally, subjected to various biases, worldview, culture and personality.

So basically it doesn't matter if you eat ass or slurp pussy, if you believe it is as it, it become your personal truth regardless of the objective reality that may exist, but unperceivable by human's limited capability of sensation.

It is kinda like the same with planescape torment where beliefs matters more than trying to grasp a true objective answer because it may or may not exist

"If there is anything I have learned in my travels across the Planes, it is that many things may change the nature of a man. Whether regret, or love, or revenge or fear - whatever you believe can change the nature of a man, can. "

Last edited:

polo

Magister
Lacrymas is PoE2 beta equivalent of PoE beta sensuki, not as hardcore, but close. I don't get the hate, i find annoying all the consant whining but i do understand it. They both wanted something different from the game, which they think would be much better. Since its not happening, they both felt and feel frustrated because of 'wasted potential'. I mean, first game was very tedious and boring after a while for me so i can relate to some of their opinions.

bminorkey

Baldur's Gate 2 continues along the thread of the protagonist being a Bhaalspawn, which is why Irenicus kidnaps him. That is its only real connection to the story of the first game.

We should therefore want Pillars of Eternity 2 to continue along the thread of the protagonist of being a Watcher who knows the secret of the gods.

we don't level reset in baldur's gate 2 :rpgcodex:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How many experience points do you get in the beta? Is there enough content to level up? I'm wondering whether we blow through those early levels faster in PoE2.

polo

Magister
How many experience points do you get in the beta? Is there enough content to level up? I'm wondering whether we blow through those early levels faster in PoE2.
Didn't u have a backer beta code someone gave you?

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

2 level ups in the Beta but, if the PoE beta was anything to go by, the experience points given in the beta are different from what will be given for the same quests in the full game. Nevertheless, I'm sure Jost mentioned somewhere that we do blow through the early levels in PoE2 faster.

The Great ThunThun*

How DARE you!?
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well they could've go different routes:
1) You're a follower of a watcher from POE1 ( you're some dude from cad nue)
2) You're opposed to watcher because he went nuts/corrupted. Or seemingly corrupted (ye old bigger threat route). Or just wronged you/ fucked up your village.
3) Watcher actually died and you're reincarnation ( some god revived you for some reason)
4) You're half dead and you need to consume souls to not decay ( vampir lore from poe/nwn2 route)
5) You're brother/sister of wathcer
6) You're thaos reincarnated but without memories

See, that's the issue. A guy on a forum can make a better argument for continuing the story of the watcher as someone else than the developers can.

Didn't u have a backer beta code someone gave you?
As if Infinitron ever plays any game.

Most of his waking hours are spent copy-pasting "news" and sucking up to devs for priority access to more "news"

bminorkey

Well they could've go different routes:
1) You're a follower of a watcher from POE1 ( you're some dude from cad nue)
2) You're opposed to watcher because he went nuts/corrupted. Or seemingly corrupted (ye old bigger threat route). Or just wronged you/ fucked up your village.
3) Watcher actually died and you're reincarnation ( some god revived you for some reason)
4) You're half dead and you need to consume souls to not decay ( vampir lore from poe/nwn2 route)
5) You're brother/sister of wathcer
6) You're thaos reincarnated but without memories

nah eothas' bro just gonna suck your powers

Pizzashoes

Scholar
I'm just glad we get to see some tits and (maybe?) fuck Pallegina. (Do we have confirmation on that?) Those were the gameplay mechanics the first one lacked. I'm sure the latest review from the esteemed Darth Roxor will agree with me.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The real issue isn't why character progression starts over form level 1. The real question is why do we have to pretend to be continuing with the Watcher from PoE in the first place.

IWD and IWD2 didn't share the same "protagonist". You start as lvl1 in both (ok, the DnD versions are different), and neither game suffers from that.

In BG and BGII you have a corny story to continue, but as has been pointed out, there is zero consequences of your BG exploits ithat have follow ups in BGII.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
The real issue isn't why character progression starts over form level 1. The real question is why do we have to pretend to be continuing with the Watcher from PoE in the first place.

IWD and IWD2 didn't share the same "protagonist". You start as lvl1 in both (ok, the DnD versions are different), and neither game suffers from that.

In BG and BGII you have a corny story to continue, but as has been pointed out, there is zero consequences of your BG exploits ithat have follow ups in BGII.

I just came to accept that poe and its sequel aim to be caught between two stools on as many game design aspects as they humanely can.
They probably hold the world record with the first game already.
It's even more nonsensical since, with the newgame choice simulator®, importing your save is absolutely irrelevant. :lol:

Time will tell how it actually goes, but I feel like they managed to pull out a save import that's actually even less interesting than ME1 > ME2.
Basically, it exclusively rests on the kind of flavour they've prepared for stuff like murdering all the companions yourself, sacrificing someone to the blood pool (and only if it's not already in the questionnaire). But I wouldn't be too confident.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Lacrymas is PoE2 beta equivalent of PoE beta sensuki, not as hardcore, but close. I don't get the hate, i find annoying all the consant whining but i do understand it. They both wanted something different from the game, which they think would be much better. Since its not happening, they both felt and feel frustrated because of 'wasted potential'. I mean, first game was very tedious and boring after a while for me so i can relate to some of their opinions.

You don't need to be as hardcore as Sensuki to see the trainwreck of a design this system is. Nothing in it makes sense and everything combines to make something worse, it's mind-blowing how webbed this terrible is. Just sitting down to think through it for 5 minutes is enough to realize how the ideas they've come up with don't complement each other, quite the contrary - they hinder and sabotage each other. Some aspects of it work in theory, but it requires an almost complete redesign for those aspects to work in practice. I did see potential from the beginning, but they've been moving away from the actual solutions with every beta build and now I'm just dumbfounded. Even if we move away from theory, the combat in practice just isn't engaging because it's repetitive and the different design decisions just work to frustrate you more.

bminorkey

I just came to accept that poe and its sequel aim to be caught between two stools on as many game design aspects as they humanely can.
They probably hold the world record with the first game already.
It's even more nonsensical since, with the newgame choice simulator®, importing your save is absolutely irrelevant. :lol:

Time will tell how it actually goes, but I feel like they managed to pull out a save import that's actually even less interesting than ME1 > ME2.
Basically, it exclusively rests on the kind of flavour they've prepared for stuff like murdering all the companions yourself, sacrificing someone to the blood pool (and only if it's not already in the questionnaire). But I wouldn't be too confident.

well complaining about you being able to forgo save importing in favor of a questionnaire is rather silly, do you really want to play the exact same character in every subsequent playthrough

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/role-playing-our-lives-depend-on-it

Role Playing - Our Lives Depend on It!
  • SAT 04/07 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
  • ALBATROSS THEATRE
Versus Evil and award winning RPG developers Obsidian and Stoic will be taking part in a panel on Saturday 7th April to discuss all things role playing in the video gaming world. Hosted by Jesse Cox the group will be talking about their personal experiences from Dungeons and Dragons pen and paper games through to the emergence of some of the RPG video game ‘greats’ of the 90s and the progression of the genre up until today. There will be debates between the group about what the best all time RPG game is out there, the best storyline and what makes a GREAT RPG as opposed to an OK RPG, and discussion of course about the award winning RPG series The Banner Saga and Pillars of Eternity. The panel will end with a Q&A session from the floor. Demos from both Pillars of Eternity II and Banner Saga 3 will be available to play at Versus Evil’s booth # 13096.

This will be streamed here: http://www.twitch.tv/pax2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom