Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Melee wizards were already really good in the first game. Summoned weapons coupled with merciless gaze were savage.
The only drawback to the parasitic staff is its unique crush damage type. Besides that, you get an exceptional ~35DMG high interrupt weapon at level 1 :happytrollboy:
I wouldn't be surprised they're even more savage with a fighter dual class.

Last edited:

Prime Junta

With the removal of per-rest spells I've no doubt that gishes based on summoned weapons are, indeed, savage.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is Chaotic Heretic at it again? For the sake of my faith in the human race I have him ignored, but I can usually tell when he is on his period by inference.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I love how PoE apologists are coming out of the woodwork to defend even blatantly unacceptable things, like framerate hitches when literally anything is happening. A naga hitting Eder? Hitch. A druid shapeshifting? Hitch. A wizard casting a spell? Hitch. And that is in a vacuum, nothing else is happening at the same time.

Quillon

Arcane
blatantly unacceptable things

Which is basically everything to you.

I've watched the stream and I didn't notice any perf issues but there might be framerate hitch on a crappy gif that I had to look closely to observe after someone else mentioned it, its blatantly unacceptable yo!

Sentinel

Arcane
blatantly unacceptable things

Which is basically everything to you.

I've watched the stream and I didn't notice any perf issues but there might be framerate hitch on a crappy gif that I had to look closely to observe after someone else mentioned it, its blatantly unacceptable yo!
Pretty sure I read somewhere (might even have been here) about framerate drops on the stream.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
I have some performance issues in the beta. People have reported better performance but it's still p.choppy for me.
Now the thing is, how the fuck did they manage to publish something that poor looking. Framerate is down the gutter, the edges are so sharp there I don't understand what I'm looking at.
I mean, compare it with their ettin gif, which purposefully looks good. It's just weird. Given, it's just a tweet and all, but I'm still baffled :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom