Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Raptainment, rap business simulation from Germany:

ss_b1afc97a3b9d4a956bd4d0a11a6d4493fda69a9b.600x338.jpg

ss_f239b36be22720900fb812402046f4b13f8d58ea.600x338.jpg

Raptainment puts you in the hard-hitting rap world full of hard lyrics, screaming fans, luxury and the tour life.
Plan for your rapper the next hit album, but always keep the skills in mind, don´t expect to much at the beginning, a flop would remain long in the memory of the fans.

Raise the skills of your rapper to record more sophisticated and high quality albums in the future
in which execution you want to release the product and keep an eye at the advertising.
Do not forget to give interviews, keep the social media in mind, and have a good connection with the fans.

After a successful release, the tour life is awaits you.
Plan a small or big tour and present the newest works to the public.
Master the narrow degree between the equipment of the tour and the possible revenue to make the business not to an loss.
Take care that your artist travel and plan every single performance carefully to make every show as great as it can be.

Features:
- Detailed simulation around the rap business
- Comprehensive skill system whose values rise and fall over time.
- Complex recording system with many different selection options
- Detailed calculations for a dynamic playing experience
- Releases in different sale-designs with a detailed calculation system
- Extensive promotion system via advertising, interviews and social media
- Detailed tour system incl. planning of each performance
- Game music from talented producers which have produced for some famous german rap stars.
- And much more.

Raptainment has been optimized for the screen resolution 1980x1020

Licencing:
For Raptainment some well-known Rap Artists from Germany was licensed.
Music was licencing 4 exclusive beats from the producer 3Nity beats.
In addition, the game includes exclusive beats from newcomer producers.

Buyers of Raptainment may use the beats exclusively for non-commercial projects.

Tags: Gore, Violent

Sounds right.

Modron

Arcane
It seems I have been neglecting my steam releases duty:
Simon the Sorcerer one and two got rereleased I hear you can turn off the shitty filters.

If lover's lab mods get released for this RK47 will probably starve to death.

Since we're on that tangent check this out as well

:russiastronk:

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
Yep, they fucking ruined those, it's apparently made by "MojoTouch", an Israeli Mobile game studio that somehow got the rights to publish them on Steam: http://mojo-touch.com/work/ and everything they did to "enhance" them was apparently apply that retarded Blur filter over the entire image ruining the visuals and fuck up the UI to make it look like an iPhone App instead of like this:

- Totally new, much praised, game play controls that were built from the ground up.
* Hotspot based - no more pixel hunting!
* All-new slick icons and animations.
* Quick actions using right-click.
- Completely new game menus and save/load system
- High-end graphics upscaling (xBRZ filter) for high-resolution displays
- Optional retro settings: play with original graphics, original music and even the original controls (mouse pointer)

Don Peste

Arcane
Since we're on that tangent check this out as well

so if you have a VR headset,why not pick it up. you play darts with her and then go up against her in a VR firefight and then sit at a dinner table with her feeding each other and playing rock paper scissors and then hunt for an envelope.

here in my area it rains all the time and is boring in my drab apartment....I would LOVE to just relax for a little bit, sit next to a pretty girl in VR and watch TV in her beautiful apartment..and maybe allow us to pick the weather outside.I would love to hang out with that girl in her apartment.

also....game designers create these beautiful enviroments....why not allow us to walk around the apartment as she goes about her business and sings a song as she cleans up around the place?

also.....alot of us LOVE LOVE LOVE when VR girls climb ladders up high....Kanojo does this also....why ruin it with a time limit?? why not have her go up...and down....up and down and WE...decide when she stops? why the countdown which rushes the experience too much?? also....the unlocking stuff seems kind of irritating. just allow everything from the start.

so in short....this looks BEAUTIFUL.....but hopefully we can just hang with the girl in her apartment, walk around, watch TV with her and have no time limit. just let us walk around and hang out with her. thats what I would love! I would pay for that exprience also...maybe allow us to pick what the female looks like etc etc. you guys are on to something. just allow us a more simplier immersive experience in her apartment. maybe a candle lit table on her balcony also at night :)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/intown/recommended/771920/
:avatard:

Gerrard

Arcane
Anyway, achievement unlocked: shot a thrown bottle out of the sky.
Now, how many games let you do THAT?!
:kwafuckyeah:
I remember in Painkiller I shot an axe that one of the enemies would throw at you with the stake gun and it resulted in the two spinning up into the sky as they cancelled each other's horizontal velocity.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
WTF? No post about the sale of the millenium?!

Midweek MADNESS, I tell you!

Of course, we've all got it already. But if you want another copy as extra backup in case you need to play it on two separate PC's simultaneously, now's the time!

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Here are the sources: http://mojo-touch.com/gpl/ it's SCUMMVM stripped off any game assets, so technically it complies with the GPL. Smart :) If you get your hands in another version of the game, and Visual Studio Ancient Edition to build it, it should just work.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Tales of the Neon Sea, cyberpunk adventure from Chinese indie:

ss_045141cc23e24b57d64751088d3b7975978ee976.600x338.jpg

ss_d06c15a2d620e2197cb3a314536ea9ab78352991.600x338.jpg

Welcome to a world of intrigue and suspicion. Where humans and robots contend with escalating tensions and mutual distrust. And where gangster felines scheme their way to the top of the food chain. Welcome to the Tales of the Neon Sea!

Boasting stunningly detailed pixel art, and featuring a twisting story of mystery and suspense, Tales of the Neon Sea is an exciting new adventure from Chinese indie studio Palm Pioneer. Set in a fully realized cyberpunk cityscape, use your wits and puzzle-solving skills to determine the course of this unique tale.

I wonder if cyberpunk to China is what post-apocalypse is to Russian game developers.

Like:

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
They probably could make more money at this point if all the base games were just free. Decent DLC sales are a thing of the past since tencent moved in.

No Great Name

Arcane
My question is, do any of them actually add anything of substance?

It's a serious question. I've never played Crusader Kings before.

Krivol

Magister

Unfortunately - yes. I mean playing vanilla is almost like playing a demo, especially when you compare it to updated game.
And yes, most of these dlcs are just "new coats for units" or "better portraits" so be careful with choosing correct ones :D.

Last edited:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
On Steam they're labelled as "Expansion". Personally I only don't use Sunset Invasion and Conclave. The asking price is too much for most of them (even at 50% off) but it's still content I wouldn't want to play without.

Latelistener

Arcane
Some of the changes come with patches (free obviously) along with released DLCs.

Most of the DLCs are usually there to allow you to play for a specific faction (pagan, muslim, nomadic cultures, etc) with their unique mechanics (so you don't actually need these at first), like Horse Lords, Raja's of India, Sword of Islam, The Old Gods, The Republic, etc.

However, there are DLCs that add something aside from those things. For example: Way of Life (lots of new events for every character), Legacy of Rome (add retinues), Charlemagne (allows you to start from the year 769 instead of 1066 in vanilla) and Sons of Abraham (college of cardinals, various events for catholic and muslim). These are the most important ones.

Last edited:
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
My favorite brazen loot grab DLC is the e-book of Song of Roland. It was written 500 years before copyright was even a thing, so they literally just had to copy and paste.

Get it for free at at Project Gutenberg - http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/391. Copy and paste from the html version then make your own e-book and release CKII level DLC for your own game.

It's a great game though, so its a funny combination; simultaneously both a ripoff and a great value. Which makes it a bit of a...Paradox!

:kwafuckyeah:

ETA: Holy shit, I was joking about copying it from Project Gutenberg but it turns out it may be what they did! They copied the translation I linked to (by CK Moncrieff), so it's actually kind of likely that that's where they got it.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Demon's Rise: Lords of Chaos, turn-based tactical RPG where you are "a champion of the dark gods" and commanding a band of evil beings:

ss_ccc25e7705a9b1969c49d83ffca13153c64732cd.600x338.jpg

ss_d371f566cc8ea345153f1372299fc0c66c3dc55f.600x338.jpg

You are no hero … no prancing knight or scholarly wizard but a champion of the dark gods. As their chosen, you have command of legions of barbarians, beastmen and demons. Wield unholy strength, necromancy and hellfire to bring ruin to the civilized realms. Honor your gods on the bloody fields of battle in a quest for power and ascension.

Demon’s Rise: Lords of Chaos is a turn-based, tactical RPG set in a brutal and unforgiving fantasy world. Taking place amidst a horrific war in the cold north, the campaign will see your party fight innumerable enemies, huge monsters and powerful sorcerers. Victory will require the tactical use of terrain, morale, formations and magic. Build an increasingly powerful war band, command demonic allies, and crush those that stand against you.

• Tactical Choices: Use terrain effects, cover and line of sight to gain an edge over your enemies. Employ spells to hinder powerful enemies, area effect damage to clear the field of lesser foes and buffs to strengthen your allies.

• Build Your Party: Choose from 20 diverse character classes to build your war band. Your warriors will improve with every victory, becoming stronger and unlocking new powers and skills. Acts of courage and savagery on the battlefield will bring favor from your gods, which can mean the difference between glory and defeat.

• Collect Gear: Equip your warriors with powerful weapons, arcane objects, runic armor and legendary artifacts. There are thousands of items to find and collect, each with their own stat effects and background lore.

• Campaign: Fight through a lengthy campaign and numerous side quests that span more than 80 hours of play time. No level caps and the ability to replay levels at a harder difficulty add to the longevity.

• Engaging Lore: Immerse yourself in the history of Tarren, the world of Demon’s Rise. A land of broken empires and shattered kingdoms where armies of humans, demons and other races fight for bitter survival.

Originally released on mobile as Demon's Rise 2: Lords of Chaos.

Another game by the developer on Steam, a sci-fi tactical RPG with cover art character that looks like a sheepherder: http://store.steampowered.com/app/716050/Strike_Team_Hydra/

Last edited by a moderator:

sser

Arcane
Developer
CKII is buried by feature creep, IMO. I think it lost focus when it opened up to India and has been downhill ever since. It also just gets progressively harder to run thanks to the gajillion new people running around. I just want to be in Europe, but my machine still has to compute for a fuckload of people in areas I don't care the least about.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom