Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vanishing Realms: Rite of Steel, D&D meets zelda for.... VR?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Last edited by a moderator:

Mortmal

Arcane
Looks like complete shit , usual VR shit with even more dumbed down gameplay than usual games. Whos going to buy a top of the line pc + an expensive headset to play something like that ? VR was born dead indeed, they needed at least some Bethesda 80 hour game exclusive to even have a slight hope of success.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I have not used VR, but it does seem like it's well suited for the current batch of Cyan games - Myst-likes, essentially. Some "visual novel" games too, perhaps.

Yet, the person who's going to buy the gear and strap it to their head to play those games is not me.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
NOT AN RPG
NOT AN RPG
NOT AN RPG
NOT AN RPG
NOT AN RPG
NOT AN RPG
NOT AN RPG
NOT AN RPG
NOT AN RPG
NOT AN RPG

DoomIhlVaria

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here I'm very into cock and ball torture
This was one of the best early VR releases. It was pretty short when I last played it over a year ago. But it was still more content than a lot of VR games, which amount to little more than tech demos on average.

Throwing in "D&D" to describe it is pretty inaccurate. This game barely has any RPG mechanics. The Zelda comparison is apt though.

As for VR being dead, maybe. It is definitely a software issue. The HTC Vive itself exceeded the hype, in my opinion. My first room-scale experience really impressed me. But the selection of games has been pretty awful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom