Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Released

sstacks

Arcane
Is it that obvious???

jdmatson

Literate
Is it that obvious???
I got suspicious when you pretended that playing with people on phones was a good idea. I can see the in-game chat now.

Lord Winterbottom: Hail, traveler. What might thy name be?
Tyballs: Ignore the RP fag. Wanna kill kobolds with us?
Grundel: sure where can I buy helping stop
Grundel: helping pots
Grundel: *helping
Grundel: funky autocorrect :(

Wait, does the in-game chat support emojis now? They're gonna need that if they want the mobile market.

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
I really thought it was just a joke when they announced it. Or coverup for something real (like announcment in PST time - PlaneScape Torment Mod or something). But here we go. I just don't even.

10 new portraits for just 3 bucks.

ss_4077a50677b4c5dd82280d36b9f6b9dd9cc2b864.600x338.jpg

ss_93333d4feef009ad07410bf7c14c85f485cee247.600x338.jpg

There are thousands of better quality portraits for free and there are also free tools that let you make one easily.

What tools? Don't say they are tools than can make BG style portrait out of average photos.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

10 new portraits for just 3 bucks.

ss_4077a50677b4c5dd82280d36b9f6b9dd9cc2b864.600x338.jpg

ss_93333d4feef009ad07410bf7c14c85f485cee247.600x338.jpg

There are thousands of better quality portraits for free and there are also free tools that let you make one easily.

What tools? Don't say they are tools than can make BG style portrait out of average photos.

There were several tools on the old vault, some were better some worse. I found this on the new one, don't know how good it is.

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/tool/portrait-conversion-tool-v162?qt-recent=0

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The only good thing I can see here is Linux support. Of course, that was doable all the time using Wine, but hey. At least it is something.

Bioware released a native Linux client back in 2003.

jdmatson

Literate
The only good thing I can see here is Linux support. Of course, that was doable all the time using Wine, but hey. At least it is something.

Aaaand there goes the little bit of respect I had for this :lol:
Yeah, right now it's pretty underwhelming and definitely not worth $20. But if they keep working on it and it goes on sale it might eventually be worth picking up.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I respected Beamdog for what they did with Siege of Dragonspear because at least they tried to make something of their own, instead of trading on past glories.
:retarded:
What? They've made a mod for Baldur's Gate and you're saying they've tried to make something of their own? lol

Tolias

Educated
This release is absolutely loltastic. ZERO new content. I mean for fuck's sake, at least slap some new prestige classes in there.

Steam reviews are blasting the game for introducing new bugs(!) and in some cases actually making graphic effects worse.

The "mod tools" thing I really can't comment on.

But what takes the cake is this quote from March 23rd in https://techraptor.net/content/beamdog-trent-oster-neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition

"Our upcoming launch on Steam is really the tip of the iceberg in terms of new features, content, and support for the game. In some ways we view [NWN: EE] as more of a platform than a game and the potential of that platform is huge."

which translates to:

"Give us money NOW! And you'll get TONS of shit in the future."

Presumably, they will gift each buyer with a complimentary bottle of snake oil (shipping for just 19.99$)

Bocian

Arcane
Interesting, last time I've checked there were about ~170 reviews (50+ negative).

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Now I checked the link again and there are 180.
Probably just some Steam bug. Nothing to see, move along.

I'm not too surprised that the game still has 71% percent. Most people are fairly stupid and easily forgive or don't even detect low-effort products.
The positive reviews just state that this is a good game - so again they're mostly making a living off other people's work. A few also mention the workshop support.

What a weird thing...

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Now I checked the link again and there are 180.
There're actually 277 reviews on this thing, even though the review counter only accepts reviews from users who bought it on Steam. 219 positive and 58 negative.

ushas

Savant

Aaaand there goes the little bit of respect I had for this :lol:
Yup, I remember running it natively. At the time it was quite rare. But afterwards the linux support was dropped for nwn2. As for the toolset - was able to run it too. In case it's win only then it ought to be functional under wine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom