Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter INSOMNIA: The Ark - dieselpunk sci-fi action-RPG set on a decaying space station

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
In response to a user who asked this:

cb.spike said:
I hope release date is really near. If not near so at least this year.

The developer replied:

Studio Mono said:
It is near and it is happening this year. We can't postpone it anymore.

Ipso facto, InSomnia will be released this year.

Heretic

Cipher
Only one skill point per level to distribute among 26 skills and 4 attributes with increasing cost?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In response to a user who asked this:

cb.spike said:
I hope release date is really near. If not near so at least this year.

The developer replied:

Studio Mono said:
It is near and it is happening this year. We can't postpone it anymore.

Ipso facto, InSomnia will be released this year.

Jesus fuck, I would find it a lot more encouraging if their rationale for a 2018 release date was something other than “we can’t postpone it anymore.” I mean, the correct answer to this question is “yes, it’s almost finished.”

Their honesty here is commendable, but how bad does it have to be for the developer to imply that the game isn’t ready and it’s coming out anyway? Hopefully something just got lost in translation—their English doesn’t usually seem to be that great.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Good, unlike UI they haven't completely scrapped RPG mechanics and replaced them with something more dumbed down or should I use their language and say more immersive.

I think that though their English vocabulary is servicable what they lack is thinking in English. They probably wanted to make slight jab on their own behalf and say that they have postponed game so much that they can't do it any more.

Or perhaps game is in shambles and Insomnia is best looking Potemkin village ever. We'll see once it's released if we lean against it (start playing it) will the whole structure collapse.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
New update:

27356000_1811964095515203_5514551589692303767_o.jpg
Looks like Skyrim. Gay. Their original art direction for their UI was so much more aesthetic and unique.

Vexxt

Educated
I backed this almost 4 years ago for $10 - I keep forgetting about it. The art style and concepts were unique, but hopefully I get my $10 worth if\when it releases.

The kickstarter video showed a bunch of outdoor areas, and to my knowledge they haven't ever been shown since. I'll go head and assume the scope of the game was greatly reduced....

polo

Magister
Did they? i don't remember shit, it was so long ago. :lol:

Thonius

Arcane
Well the signed deal with publisher I believe and changed website... basically all I received after baked (preordered/donated) is a download link to a demo, so I'm kinda worried.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Steam page. So their publisher is HeroCraft (of King of Dragon Pass remaster, pirate action RPG Tempest, and Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf):

INSOMNIA is a complex story-driven RPG that takes place on a colossal space metropolis brimming with the secrets of a long-gone civilization. Develop your character, explore lovingly handcrafted locations, interact with peculiar NPCs and factions, craft equipment and try to stay alive.

You awaken on Object 6 - a retro-futuristic space station set on a 400-year journey in search of a new home. Stricken with a rare psychological disease, you have to uncover macabre secrets and the truth behind humanity’s journey to the ghost-like Evacuation Point.

Exploration is rewarding…and dangerous
Search for valuable technology and resources in the confines of Object 6. Pay attention - INSOMNIA’s nuanced world can conceal unexpected quests from treacherous characters, as well as savage enemies and deadly hazards. Hunger, thirst, fatigue and hostile environments will be your main companions throughout this journey.

Strategic real-time combat
INSOMNIA features both close and ranged combat, as well as destroyable covers. Choose your gear wisely - every armor and weapon type in the game has its own tactical virtues and shortcomings.

Personalized journey
Break free from character classes and unwanted grind with a flexible perk system combined with a huge amount of craftable items and equipment for an experience unique to every player.

Your choices matter
INSOMNIA offers an intricate, non-linear storyline with ‘points of no return’. Navigate a system of thorny relations with characters and factions and make tough decisions that affect the game world. Each major problem can be solved using a variety of different (and sometimes unexpected) solutions.

A rich universe
Experience the game’s rich lore through retro-futuristic noir visuals with elements of dieselpunk. Witness man-made apocalyptic landscapes imbued with a dark noir jazz soundtrack and echoes of a decaying civilization.

Public support for INSOMNIA
fargo_v11.png

avellone_v11.png

PoE, of all things.

And for your hmmm:

(c) HeroCraft, 2012-2018. All rights reserved.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
i tried the free demo back then i liked it. combat is a bit awkward but the atmosphere and other details feels solid. the system doesn't look too bad and quite in depth for an ARPG.

i dunno how will this actually turn tho

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
i tried the free demo back then i liked it. combat is a bit awkward but the atmosphere and other details feels solid. the system doesn't look too bad and quite in depth for an ARPG.

I thought it had been dumbed down pretty substantially since the demo. I'm still surprised it's even being released. Normally I like to be fabulously optimistic, but my expectations for this are very low.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom