Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why are so many codexers in heat for MCA?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Why not just CA for Chris Avellone? Is he honorable member of some order of knights that makes it obligatory to call him MR. Chris Avellone or something?
Beats me, it's something someone started calling him back in the day and the meme took hold.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
wait a sec

MCA doesnt have a first name starting with M??????? all these years I always assumed he had an M-name before Chris

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
He's a great writer/designer who is always humble, friendly and very open to feedback. You only ever find these qualities in indie developers, and not very often then. If these things don't make him stand out to you then I don't know what else to say

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
He's not just another wannabe-filmmaker who's going to force you to sit through a 20-minute cutscene because he thinks he's got some great story to tell. He actually puts a lot of thought into how his writing will serve the needs of the game, as you can see in the interview he just did with RPS. That alone makes him stand out in the industry.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
What the fuck did you just fucking say about MCA, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
Even though i played some of the biggest incline, some of the most prestigious stuff on release i only knew 4 developer's by name before registering here:

John Carmack, John Romero, Bill Roper & Guido Henkel.

And the only reason i knew Bill Roper was because the german magazine Gamestar had like a developer "star sheet".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom