Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

frajaq

Erudite
Retarded VR Headset Cop will always be the True Protagonist, open character creation be damned
usAG58s.jpg

Shinji

Savant
I'm glad it will have classes, unlike Skyrim where you can be good at everything.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-03-22-sounds-like-cyberpunk-2077-decided-against-multiplayer

Sounds like Cyberpunk 2077 decided against multiplayer

There's been the suggestion of multiplayer in CD Projekt Red's new game Cyberpunk 2077 for a while. In 2013, studio head Adam Badowski even told me "we're going to add multiplayer features", although he also said "it will be a story-based RPG experience with amazing single-player playthroughs". Regardless, that was five years ago, and a lot has happened since then.

The only multiplayer CD Projekt Red has developed has been the turn-based kind in Witcher card game Gwent and The Witcher Adventure Game - although there was that Witcher mobile MOBA. It's not unlike the Polish studio to take on something ambitious but why wobble the boat for the sake of a feature The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt did so, so well without?

Fortunately it appears CD Projekt Red feels the same. In a streamed CDPR financial conference today, president and joint-CEO Adam Kiciński suggested, almost beyond a doubt, that Cyberpunk 2077 would be a single-player game.

"First of all, we're going to deliver the players a huge story-driven role-playing game for a single player as was the case with The Witcher 3," he said, via a real-time English language translation. "As a further extension [he could mean expansion] of the game? I don't like to comment, but I'm not saying it's not going to be the case because we already said in the past we wanted our future projects to integrate online components at some point."

Then, again, answering a question about considering a trendy Battle Royale mode for Cyberpunk 2077, he said:

"Well actually we're considering everything and anything but as of today we're not discussing Cyberpunk yet. The first thing we're going to discuss is the immense story-driven roleplay for a single-player without any micro-payments whatsoever, without any hidden things whatsoever, just as was the case for The Witcher 3.

"Even though it's going to be a very different game than The Witcher 3 with no predefined character, a futuristic world... the product character: it's going to be just the same as The Witcher 3 - namely a single-player game purchased for a one-off fee."

I'm not sure he could be any clearer. Frankly, I am relieved.

Kicinski was also asked when CDPR would say something about Cyberpunk 2077, which we suspect will happen at E3.

"I can't announce the announcement, sorry," Kicinski said.

"What about at E3?" He was then asked.

"We haven't announced that yet - we will announce it just before."

To be clear: he is saying CDPR will announce what it is showing at E3 just before E3.

Kicinski was asked about Cyberpunk 2077 being inter-generational, too, by which the questioner meant designed to work on whatever the next generation of PlayStation and Xbox consoles are.

"Well, the next-gen has not happened yet so we can only speculate," he replied. "Technology-wise, Cyberpunk is very advanced. Our technology is ready to interface with future generations. The game is developed in such a way that it can use future, very powerful equipment but I cannot tell you more beyond that today as no future generation of console has been announced."

Which brings us around to the big question of when will Cyberpunk 2077 be released? During the financial presentation Kicisnki said the main two sales drivers for CD Projekt Red this year (ending with the calendar year in December) will be The Witcher 3 and Gwent, which seems to rule a 2018 release out for Cyberpunk 2077 - unless of course Kicinski is simply withholding it.

Spring 2019, then? Assuming Cyberpunk 2077 is revealed at E3, spring 2019 would still be in the confines of a short reveal-to-release timeframe CDPR praised Bethesda and Fallout 4 for. Then again, Cyberpunk 2077 is a big enough deal to stand out in the blockbuster-heavy autumn window too.

Cyberpunk 2077 has been developed over the past six years with the help of Mike Pondsmith, the creator of the original Cyberpunk pen-and-paper role-playing games. And he's an interesting guy, as I found out last summer in Spain when we sat down to talk Cyberpunk 2077, Cyberpunk and everything in between.

RepHope

Savant
I remember them tossing around ideas for W3 MP at the beginning of its reveal but ultimately deciding against it. Guess the same happened here, or maybe they plan on getting SP done first then releasing MP like GTA Online.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
kicking back is really much better to not lose focus. Now let's hope that classes aren't only tied to combat like ME

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://www.dualshockers.com/cyberpunk-2077-detils/

Cyberpunk 2077 is “Very Advanced” Technology-Wise; Character Creation, Classes, and More Confirmed
CD Projekt RED provided a few hints about Cyberpunk 2077 and more also commenting on the possibility of working on Nintendo Switch.

Giuseppe Nelva
(17 hours ago)
Share Tweet
During CD Projekt’s fiscal year 2017 financial presentation, President Adam Kiciński mentioned that he’d “terribly” like to say something about Cyberpunk 2077, but today is not the time.

When asked when we’ll know more, Kiciński commented that he can’t just announce the announcement. Pressed further on what will be showcased at E3, he mentioned that it will be announced “just before” the show.

Ultimately, Kiciński did end up talking a bit about Cyberpunk 2077.

An analysis firm recently suggested that the game could be a cross-generation project involving the next round of PlayStation and Xbox consoles. Asked to comment on this, Kiciński explained that the next generation has not been announced yet, so he can only speculate. Technologically-wise Cyberpunk 2077 is “very advanced.” The studio’s tech is “ready to interface with future generations.” The game is developed in such a way that it can take advantage “of future, very powerful” hardware.

Kiciński confirmed that it’ll be possible to create your character and choose among various classes. This pretty much denies a wild rumor that was spread on youtube a few months ago, alleging that the studio had moved to a different design with no classes.

Asked whether there will be multiplayer, he confirmed that first of all, the studio is going to deliver a huge story-drive single-player role-playing game as it was the case for The Witcher 3.

As for the possibility of adding multiplayer in expansions, he mentioned that he does not like to comment on that, but he won’t say that it’s not going to happen, as the developer already mentioned in the past that they want future projects to include online components at some point.

Asked whether the developer is considering the Battle Royale genre for Cyberpunk 2077, Kiciński explained that at the moment they’re considering everything and anything but as of today they’re not discussing the game yet. The first thing they’re actually going to discuss is the immense story-driven role-playing single player experience without any microtransactions whatsoever, or any hidden payments, just as it was the case for The Witcher 3, even if it’s going to be a very different game, with no predefined character, a futuristic world, and 3D movement.

We also heard that the inclusion of Geralt of Rivia in SoulCalibur VI has no “financial incentive” for the studio, but it’s a promotional effort.

Asked whether the studio is considering the Nintendo Switch as a platform, Kiciński responded that when talking about CD Projekt’s larger games they’re focusing on the strongest platforms like high-specs PCs and consoles. As for other games, they’re not planning any release on the Switch for now, but they’ll see what the future brings.

If you’re curious about CD Projekt’s Red financial performance in the fiscal year 2017 you can check out our dedicated article. You can also watch the full presentation below.

Viata

Arcane
I'll believe it when I see it... no way CDPR would abandon the large amount of popamolers that built them
They are not:
Kiciński responded that when talking about CD Projekt’s larger games they’re focusing on the strongest platforms like high-specs PCs and consoles

They said about releasing on consoles, you can't go more popamole than that.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
I just hope the combat or character development would be even slightly meaningful, but my hopes are probably in vain because they are really the ultimate storyfag games.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
They said about releasing on consoles, you can't go more popamole than that.

There are enough non-popamole games on console.
The problem would be if they don't design separate UIs for PC and console. I still have nightmares with the Skyrim's inventory UI.
If the game will be popamole, is because of designer's vision along with the blessing of Pondsmith.

Lack of predefined character and multiplayer is like a breath of fresh air in a stale environment because lack of news.
The hype train is coming along nicely but for sure, after his year's E3, the expectations of some will come crushing down.
Still don't expect deep combat/RPG mechanics. I don't think they will exceed Witcher's in complexity.

Last edited:

Tehdagah

Arcane
"Cyberpunk 2077 is “Very Advanced” Technology-Wise"

Fake, Witcher 3 suffered downgrades because of consoles.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Seems the CDP devs got their hands on the PS5 dev kit and Cyberpunk will be ready for the next gen consoles also.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
All I want from them is to have combat like in Breath of the Wild, it is the best open world combat I ever played for this type of game.

Dexter

Arcane
I'm expecting a Mix between Deus Ex: Human Revolution (likely with Stats/Perk-based shooting mechanics) and Witcher 3 with Added Vertical Elements/Gameplay (they were constantly talking about implementing flying cars early on like they were obsessed with it, so I'm expecting something like this, at the very least for quicktravel):

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Speculation intensifies: https://gamingbolt.com/cd-projekt-r...punk-2077-release-coming-sooner-than-expected

CD Projekt RED Won’t Be Paying Dividends To Stakeholders This Year- Cyberpunk 2077 Release Coming Sooner Than Expected?

As per a new financial report delivered by the management board of developer CD Projekt RED, the Polish studio will not be paying dividends to its stakeholders for for the current financial year, and there’s a very real possibility that this could mean that the reveal and the subsequent pre-release marketing campaign for the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 are very close.

As per a report on Polish site Strefainwestorow (via Reddit), ever since the release and subsequent critical and commercial success of The Witcher 3 in 2015, CD Projekt RED has been making yearly healthy profits, generating close to $200 million in 2017 itself. This has led them to developing a rather healthy business model, and has seen them becoming the only video game developer listed on the Warsaw Stock Exhange.

In 2017, CDPR paid dividends of PLN 101 million, or PLN 1.05 per share (which approximately amounts to $30 million) to their stakeholders. However, they’ve now stated that they won’t be paying dividends to stakeholders this year. The reason they have cited for this, though, is quite interesting. CDPR claims it will be using the money in question for the purposes of a pre-release marketing campaign for Cyberpunk 2077.

To give you some idea of how this works, for the promotion of The Witcher 3, CDPR spent money that was borrowed by its distributors, which they later settled with through the revenues they made from the game’s subsequent sales. By choosing to spend their profits on promotion for Cyberpunk 2077, though, CDPR are taking a larger risk, which obviously means they’re expecting higher sales margins.

More interestingly, though, this suggests that a major marketing campaign for the upcoming RPG might be closer than we think, which in turn means that its release, too, might be much more imminent than expected. With the studio gearing up to incur such costs for the game’s promotion, it’s logical to assume that said promotion is imminent. We’ve been hearing more and more about Cyberpunk 2077 lately, and there have been rumours going around that the game will have a major presence at this year’s E3.

This is, of course, more speculation and presumption rather than any sort of an official acknowledgement, but it bears discussion for sure. Stay tuned to GamingBolt for all the latest updates on Cyberpunk 2077.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
I really doubt that it will be this year, I still doubt whether we are getting a gameplay footage ir just another teaser

Delterius

Arcane
Made me google "Breath of the Wild". It turns out it is a console-only nintendofags game.

Makabb self eject now.

It has more incline than most CRPGS these days, though if you are a fan of the braindead Witcher 3 I could see why BOTW would upset you.

:shunthenonbeliever:
Polish Lobby BTFO by BOTW.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom