Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-touts-cyberpunk-2077-as-a-blockbuster-franchise/

CD Projekt spoke a bit about its big new project Cyberpunk 2077 at the Pareto Securities Gaming Seminar last week, describing it as a "true RPG" set in an open-ended world that's even more ambitious than The Witcher 3.

The presentation is very dry and as far as Cyberpunk goes there's really nothing new said, but the studio certainly doesn't appear to be interested in dialing back expectations at this point.

"Cyberpunk is our new Witcher 3, but even more ambitious. Our goal is to establish a new blockbuster franchise from the beginning. We work [in a] new universe, futuristic universe. We believe it's very appealing to players, not only RPG players—but this is [a] true RPG, like Witcher, like Witcher 3, for mature audiences. It's handcrafted, detailed, of course open-world, with open-ended gameplay ," CD Projekt CEO Adam Kicinski says in the video.

"Great game, more ambitious than Witcher 3, and we believe that we can aim [at] more ambitious business goals as well—of course, still having gamer-centric focus and quality focus as a main priority."

It's always good to hear more about Cyberpunk, even if it's only to hear that it's still coming along. (Remember all the recent excitement over a *beep*?) But the presentation serves up some interesting information about Gwent and GOG as well. The Witcher-based CCG Gwent seems to be coming along nicely—"It's not very big stuff, but it's going pretty well," Kicinski says at one point—and a chart shown during the presentation indicates it's making some bucks, too.

"Recently, in the first half of 2017, we enjoyed a really huge increase of our own internal sales via GOG distribution channel," Kicinski says. "A big part of that was coming from the Gwent project."

Despite the importance of CD Projekt-driven revenues to GOG's bottom line, Kicinski confirmed that Cyberpunk 2077 will be available on Steam as well. And, alas, he shot down a suggestion about a possible Witcher 4: "We can't create Witcher 4, because that was a trilogy from the beginning," he said. "No one said that one day we won't decide to develop something in the Witcher universe. But now we're focusing on Cyberpunk and Gwent."

Cyberpunk 2077 is expected to (finally) make an appearance at this year's E3 in June. CD Projekt's Pareto Securities Gaming Conference presentation can be seen below, beginning at 3:16:00.

Falksi

Arcane
CD PROJEKT RED TOUCHES ON CYBERPUNK 2077 AT GAMING SEMINAR 2018
https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/...-cyberpunk-2077-at-gaming-seminar-2018/52222/
"Kiciński claims that Cyberpunk 2077 will “appeal” to players and be a “true RPG” that also appeals to “RPG players.” The game will not be a half or 1/4 RPG, but a true role-playing game much like The Witcher 3 according to Kiciński."
:prosper:

Something deep inside tells me that CP2020 & FNFF ruleset is no more.

Just amazing. Witcher 3 isn't even a true fucking Witcher game.

Gerrard

Arcane
I fucking hate that these idiots propagated Bethesda's awful "Shit to pick up in every crate and barrel" loot even further.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't know what it is exactly, but something in that womans demeanor and style of output annoys the hell out of me. Every time I watch a video of hers here, it's always another glorious moment in teehgrind and bloodpressure.

Anyway, perhaps there's finally going to be something of this game to talk about.

frajaq

Erudite
I just can't imagine they'll put all the available Roles to play

dMMX1lM.png

if they do in a satisfying manner then :takemymoney:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hmm, that says Techies are mechanics and doctors. Why do I remember there were separate roles for Med Tech and Techie (with different secial skills and career packages and all)?

frajaq

Erudite
well these games usually have splatbooks with extra content/archetypes, maybe one of them allowed to split the role in two?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New CD Projekt studio: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/media/news/introducing-cd-projekt-red-wroclaw/

Introducing CD PROJEKT RED Wrocław
March 20, 2018

cdpr_wroclaw-2-1024x576.jpeg

CD PROJEKT RED, developers of Cyberpunk 2077, The Witcher and GWENT, to open a new division — CD PROJEKT RED Wrocław.

Located in the city of Wrocław, south-western Poland, the new studio will join forces with CD PROJEKT RED Warsaw and Cracow, and bolster development of Cyberpunk 2077 — the upcoming futuristic AAA role-playing game.

“Wrocław is one of the biggest and most technologically advanced cities in Poland and a playing field for serious creative talent. I think the scope of our current and future projects, as well as the overall package we’re bringing in, will pull in people who were hesitant to move to Warsaw or Cracow.” — says Adam Kiciński, President and Joint CEO, CD PROJEKT Capital Group. “The founding dev team of CDPR Wrocław is already pretty stellar, but I still can’t wait to see what talents we’ll discover in new people along the way.” — Kiciński adds.

Consisting of 18 talented industry veterans, Wrocław-based developer, Strange New Things, will form the core of the new studio.

“We’re pretty hyped to be on the spearhead of this new office.” — says Paweł Zawodny, Head of Studio, CD PROJEKT RED Wrocław. “We know Wrocław inside out and it’s an amazing place to make games. The team is strong, and I’m sure we have both the experience and the creative firepower to make Cyberpunk 2077 an even better game.” — Zawodny adds.

“Aside from their immense technological knowledge and artistic flair, the core team of CD PROJEKT RED Wrocław are just great people.” — says Adam Badowski, Game Director for Cyberpunk 2077 and Head of CD PROJEKT RED. “CD PROJEKT RED is not a typical game developer — we put gamers, creative freedom and quality games above making business. These guys not only share this approach, but, much like the rest of the team, think that this attitude is essential to creating epic video games.” — Badowski adds.

Got bored and left

Hotdamn, why haven't they opened a studio there years ago then?

I guess they weren't done sucking Warsaw and Kraków dry of talent yet.

Edit. Lol, the studio head is called Zawodny - Polish for unreliable :D Just a funny lil' thing for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Edit. Lol, the studio head is called Zawodny - Polish for unreliable :D Just a funny lil' thing for you.
I love it how in Slavic languages meanings of the same words have widened in different and sometimes opposing directions. The word for "factory" in Russian gives you the root of "unreliable" in Polish. Ironic enough in itself. :D

Got bored and left

I love it how in Slavic languages meanings of the same words have widened in different and sometimes opposing directions. The word for "factory" in Russian gives you the root of "unreliable" in Polish. Ironic enough in itself. :D

And "zawód" in Polish means both "job, vocation, or proffession" and "disappointment". 100% certified Polan.

Alright, enough about Slavic linguistics :P

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The accent on the "o" makes all the etymological difference though. Meanings must have diverged at different stages in the language's history.

There is probably a different word for one or both terms which comes across as "archaic" now?

Got bored and left

The accent on the "o" makes all the etymological difference though. Meanings must have diverged at different stages in the language's history.

There is probably a different word for one or both terms which comes across as "archaic" now?

Dunno, you'd have to ask a Polish philologist. All I can tell you is that "zawód" has produced derivations that relate to both meanings, like the aforementioned "zawodny", but also "zawodowy" (professional; as in "professional driver").

Edit. Cause, you see, "ó" in Polish, isn't an accented "o", it's another form of the "u" - the difference being in inflection, primarily. So, for example, "brud" (dirt) and "bród" (ford) are pronounced the same, but inflect somewhat differently, with the "ó" turning into "o" (and so, attainng a different pronunciation) when "bród" is inflected for case. And the same process happens in derivation.

Polish is so much fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

Deadass

Savant
Couple of interesting bits from Adam Kicinski and Piotr Nielubowicz at CDPR financial conference:
- character creation and lack of predefined character confirmed

- multiple classes/roles confirmed

- they again made it clear that CP is not going to contain any microtransactions or other stuff like that, you pay for the game once and that's it

- Cyberpunk is very technologically advanced and developed in such a way to be ready to take advantage out of future hardware/generations, but regarding next gen consoles, they can only speculate, since none of them were announced yet

- regarding multiplayer, Adam stated that their first priority is to deliver great single player experience with amazing narrative, but at some point they might deliver some online features.

- also he added that as opposed to The Witcher, in Cyberpunk player will be able to move in three dimensions, I'm not sure what exactly he meant by that

witcher 3 with guns 3D confirmed

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom