Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
being an adult and not having an identity card to show to the police is kind of embarrassing.
the same as adults that use public transport without paying a ticket. :)

but nothing as embarrassing as having Chris Roberts's face etched on the wallet or his photo next to your ID.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
rh5unqcjhzl01.gif

Check out the scale of that thing compared to some other ships

o90aownzn3n01.jpg

Deathsquid

Learned
I was wondering about the reasonable frames and lack of jank, but the self-destruct/respawn made me realize it wasn't on the "persistent universe" servers - probably on the dogfighter module. Yup, if they kept it to original plans, it would've actually worked.

Irata

Scholar
I thought Sea of Thieves (the Microsoft one right?) was getting beat up over being short, having no content and overpriced. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Considering they have hundreds of people on staff and just opened yet another office in UK, I guess they're doing fine for money.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
Hahahaha i have the feeling that the game is never going to come out soon because they are running out of money.
FTFY
What are you talking about mate. The game is out and have been patched for years now. By come out i meant "Here the game is out,now bay oh and buy ships.".
Sure, you mean they will release in a barely more polished state than the current build, as an early access buy for much needed cash infusion.

I meant that the game, as originally promised, is never ever going to come out, and will at best be one or two portions of it barely scratching the promises.

This game, from day one, is the definition of vapourware.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Yeah, pretty sure Early Access is coming someday. Their last trump probably.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I thought Sea of Thieves (the Microsoft one right?) was getting beat up over being short, having no content and overpriced. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

From what I've seen it's issue is more along the lines of "B'awww I spent hundreds of hours playing it in Early Access/Alpha/Beta (pick your poison), followed everything about the game I could and now when it releases officialy, is exactly what it is I've gotten bored of it and only got 4 hours out of the game"

Game runs like shit on my 1060 right now. If it wasn't for that I'd probably enjoy alpha 3.0 more. I realise it's an alpha though and optimisation is one of the plates being balanced alongside working on more content for the game and sorting out the dire Crytek netcode. Plus I only paid about £20 for the thing. From what I've seen it has a decent amount of stuff to do for that price. Sue me Codex. I had fun with my friends playing it.

From what I've seen it has a decent amount of stuff to do for that price.
Such as?
Flying around with friends, missions, shooting shit. stealing other people's ships to crash into other peoples ships, doing missions in multi crew ships, delivery missions, Arena Commander for pvp and the FPS module. Racing. That's the shit off the top of my head. What do you want from me? Validation? I had fun. The same amount I'd have playing a shitty eurojank game at a similar price.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
The amount of content isn't their biggest problem right now. They need to get the performance under control and sort the party system out. I had fun playing with friends too, but it plays like shit even on beast PCs and squading up is a goddamn chore.

The amount of content isn't their biggest problem right now. They need to get the performance under control and sort the party system out. I had fun playing with friends too, but it plays like shit even on beast PCs and squading up is a goddamn chore.
Yup. I keep banging my head on the wall on the SC reddit every time I try to explain that 10 - 15 fps on a reasonably beefy rig isn't fucking good.. But the excuse I keep getting is "Lol get a better pc" when I'm on a GTX 1060 with 18 gigs of ram.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Yup. I keep banging my head on the wall on the SC reddit every time I try to explain that 10 - 15 fps on a reasonably beefy rig isn't fucking good.. But the excuse I keep getting is "Lol get a better pc" when I'm on a GTX 1060 with 18 gigs of ram.
So you aren't getting a better computer?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom