Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Huh, had no idea sser had written a fantasy novel previously. Looks like he's no stranger to KDP

It was shit.

However, I have a whole bunch of smut on there, haven't put any up in a long while and I still get the occasional check.

Could you talk a bit about the arrangement you have with Overhype on Wolfmother? Is BB IP being licensed out to you? It's KDP so there's no publisher?

Nope just based in the BB setting. Technically, it's a prequel but I don't want to give too much away. I wrote it very quickly to match with BB's anniversary.

And the upcoming expansion, right? right?
:negative:

sser

Arcane
Developer
Huh, had no idea sser had written a fantasy novel previously. Looks like he's no stranger to KDP

It was shit.

However, I have a whole bunch of smut on there, haven't put any up in a long while and I still get the occasional check.

Could you talk a bit about the arrangement you have with Overhype on Wolfmother? Is BB IP being licensed out to you? It's KDP so there's no publisher?

Nope just based in the BB setting. Technically, it's a prequel but I don't want to give too much away. I wrote it very quickly to match with BB's anniversary.

And the upcoming expansion, right? right?
:negative:

bRbH32h.jpg

L-Let's focus on the anniversary sale.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It's not totally unlikely - they surely have noticed the renewed interest the mini DLC brought. But I believe them, when they say that that they don't have the capacity to focus on a DLC and their new game and an expansion DLC wouldn't bring them necessarily much money. So it's a mystery how they'll allocate their manpower.

KateMicucci

Arcane
Bought this on sale yesterday. After all the overhype, it's kinda disappointing how shallow the game actually is. Mounts and field fortifications could have spiced the game up a bit.

KateMicucci

Arcane
how shallow the game actually is

FUCK

FUKC
FUCKCKKKK

Alright, I'll figure out one day or later that the Codex doesn't actually have a culture for tactical-based games
If I'd played fewer tactical games, maybe the tiny handful of options the game offers would seem more impressive.

All the other mercenary-band games I've played encouraged doing more than building a shield wall with some pikes and archers behind it.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Bought this on sale yesterday. After all the overhype, it's kinda disappointing how shallow the game actually is. Mounts and field fortifications could have spiced the game up a bit.

I do not know why all you people are butblasted about his opinion.
Not even mention that he is right. If you come with any serious overhype the game would disappoint you(heck it disappointing me even when I lost all hype). Whole game is just bunch of random(less or more as its scaled) skirmishes that consisted mostly of two types of battles. Global part is even more disappointing.
Addition of fortification and mechanism to siege/hide behind walls would add great deal to global behavior(and global economy as it would add chance for sieges, blockades to arouse organically or to preserve local forces - especially if devs change encounters to be not always be fight until destruction for either side) not even mentioning tactical option or battles.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
All the other mercenary-band games I've played
Do tell
Perhaps Warbanners (which is about building a shield wall and spamming potions.)

Ok. Some flanking by skirmishers/cavalry is somewhat doable too

Dude I know that you have played other "mercenary band games"... :P
I wouldn't pass an opportunity to "stealthily" promote Drums of War/Warbanners to "what about the sieges" -crowd.
Those are not perfect games (I've stopped chasing that particular dragon long time ago), but nice enough for their niche; though developer seems to be driving himself bonkers by trying to appease people that don't understand how dice works.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
All the other mercenary-band games I've played
Do tell
Mountain blade, JA2, dankest dungeon. X-piratez and tons of other games if you're looser with the definition of merc. The one that plays the most like BB is Legends of Eisenwald, which has fairly mediocre combat too.
Jagged Alliance 2 doesn't encourage you to form a shield wall ? Damn ! What a disappointment, I was looking to play it after playing BB.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
TBH. It would be actually pretty neat if X-piratez gave bonus from forming a shield wall.

its not a shield wall explicit bonus but a good strategy against melee-only enemies (zombies, werewolves, etc) is to defend the bus with barbarian-shield armor on gals with good react+melee because you get high evasion combined with a decentish front armor rating, while your archers and shooters behind them take reaction shots against anyone who opens the doors. You just need to keep morale and energy up playing defensively.
My usual squad has couple of slave soldiers with shield for those situations.
Though X-piratez gives lots of freedom to LARP when not playing highest difficulty.

KateMicucci

Arcane
TBH. It would be actually pretty neat if X-piratez gave bonus from forming a shield wall.

its not a shield wall explicit bonus but a good strategy against melee-only enemies (zombies, werewolves, etc) is to defend the bus with barbarian-shield armor on gals with good react+melee because you get high evasion combined with a decentish front armor rating, while your archers and shooters behind them take reaction shots against anyone who opens the doors. You just need to keep morale and energy up playing defensively.
My usual squad has couple of slave soldiers with shield for those situations.
Though X-piratez gives lots of freedom to LARP when not playing highest difficulty.
Or you bring one single gal with a grav harness.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom