Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rance Series

DrDustCell

Educated
Crap, wikia is clamping down on the nipples on the wiki. I'm going to try our gamepedia and see if their policies are looser. No wiki updates in the meantime..

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
见面秒杀 is translated by google as Meet the spike. Scary. That must be painful right?

DrDustCell

Educated
So I'm just writing this down to prep for the current playthrough. I'm aiming for no less than two (Lv85 Rance and Mercy, if she truly exists)

Objective Cards | Idea on how to get? | Probability | How to get
1. Lv85 Rance | YES | Assured | Get all Rance cards before T11 (not done)
2. 大野喜郎さん | YES | V.Low | Get Miki (done)
3. 長堀貞夫君 | YES | V.Low | Get Miki (done)
4. 普通の父 | YES | V.Low | Get Mikan (done), Do Mikan ??? (not done)
5. 普通の母| YES | V.Low | Get Mikan (done), Do Mikan ??? (not done)
6. Mercy Juiletta | YES | Assured | Get Earthy and Lucy (done), Visit Ho Raga (not done)
7. 1 alt version of Peruele | NO | ? | ?
8. 1 alt version of Rizna | NO | ? | ?
9. 1 alt version of Sachiko | NO | ? | ?
10. 1 alt version of Agireda | YES | Assured | Get Agireda (done), Do Bottle Event (not done), Do sea route (not done)

Objective Items| Idea on how to get? | Probability | How to get
1. 主人公: ひょうたん型黄金像 | NO | ? | ?
2. リーザス: リーザスの旗 | NO | ? | ?
3. リーザス: 王家の歴史書 | NO | ? | ?
4. 自由都市: アスカのパンツ | NO | ? | ?
5. その他: 世界純金ベアー | NO | ? | ?
6. モンスター: 赤色の円柱 | NO | ? | ?

Target Endings: Breakthrough, Sea Route, Turn 15 Kayblis Ending C

Last edited:

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So I'm just writing this down to prep for the current playthrough. I'm aiming for no less than two (Lv85 Rance and Mercy, if she truly exists)

Objective Cards | Idea on how to get? | Probability | How to get
1. Lv85 Rance | YES | Assured | Get all Rance cards before T11 (not done)
2. 大野喜郎さん | YES | V.Low | Get Miki (done)
3. 長堀貞夫君 | YES | V.Low | Get Miki (done)
4. 普通の父 | YES | V.Low | Get Mikan (done), Get ??? (not done)
5. 普通の母| YES | V.Low | Get Mikan (done), Get ??? (not done)
6. Mercy Juiletta | YES | Assured | Get Earthy and Lucy (done), Visit Ho Raga (not done)
7. 1 alt version of Peruele | NO | ? | ?
8. 1 alt version of Rizna | NO | ? | ?
9. 1 alt version of Sachiko | NO | ? | ?
10. 1 alt version of Agireda | NO | ? | ?

Objective Items| Idea on how to get? | Probability | How to get
1. 主人公: ひょうたん型黄金像 | NO | ? | ?
2. リーザス: リーザスの旗 | NO | ? | ?
3. リーザス: 王家の歴史書 | NO | ? | ?
4. 自由都市: アスカのパンツ | NO | ? | ?
5. その他: 世界純金ベアー | NO | ? | ?
6. モンスター: 赤色の円柱 | NO | ? | ?

Get Agireda from Leazas operation 1, do the base event that gives coke bottle and do the sea route.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I was busy last days so got my first A ending only yesterday. Sea route. Game forced me to replay last 2 turns before invasion because of my team choice.
Now i'll aim for keeping mortality under 30%.

DrDustCell

Educated
Progress report on my run:

Got 3 new cards so far,
- Leazas flag, found in save hornet mission (which has a very high drop rate for flags)
- 1 alt version of Peruele, found by taking the final branch of Helman 2 (kesselring)
- 1 alt version of Agireda, thanks to Bohrain!, found by choosing the new option after landing on the monster shore after doing agireda base mission (bottle)

I'll be finishing this sea run, then I'll reload an earlier save and continue hunting.

Reinhardt If you have the achievement bonus, letting the hanny king protect humanity on turn 2 (base phase iirc) DRAMATICALLY HELPS

I didn't one turn any country (to hunt for Mikan ???, no results so far) and I didn't do the chaos sword all countries mission, I'm at T13 and I'm still at 29%. Do the Hanny protection mission if you have it!

Last edited:

TigerKnee

Arcane
Got the True Ending

As cool as it is to have an entire new game's worth of plot as an extra, IMO I think it really should have been its own game with a system more suitable for it - like the TT part would have been better if you actually dungeon crawled instead of read VN scenes before each fight.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Progress report on my run:

Got 3 new cards so far,
- Leazas flag, found in save hornet mission (which has a very high drop rate for flags)
- 1 alt version of Peruele, found by taking the final branch of Helman 2 (kesselring)
- 1 alt version of Agireda, thanks to Bohrain!, found by choosing the new option after landing on the monster shore after doing agireda base mission (bottle)

I'll be finishing this sea run, then I'll reload an earlier save and continue hunting.

Reinhardt If you have the achievement bonus, letting the hanny king protect humanity on turn 2 (base phase iirc) DRAMATICALLY HELPS

I didn't one turn any country (to hunt for Mikan ???, no results so far) and I didn't do the chaos sword all countries mission, I'm at T13 and I'm still at 29%. Do the Hanny protection mission if you have it!

Yeah, I can't get any of the 50% mortality endings with the Hanny King bonus. Still, at least both Leazas and Zeth fell right on schedule end of turn 7, so I got to collect the Lia, Magic and Custom rape scenes in one JAPAN visit. But even then (3 of 4 countries falling) I still couldn't get to 50% before Kay-chan shows up.

Having trouble getting Omachi to drop.

DrDustCell

Educated
^ If you've unlocked the Youkai, it's really just a matter of RNG, she drops with equal probability as her co-wives.

The was a playthrough where I got 3 of Omachi but only 1 other wife, and another where I got ~2 of each wife but still no Omachi. I have 1 of each in my current run though.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
^ If you've unlocked the Youkai, it's really just a matter of RNG, she drops with equal probability as her co-wives.

The was a playthrough where I got 3 of Omachi but only 1 other wife, and another where I got ~2 of each wife but still no Omachi. I have 1 of each in my current run though.

Yes but I'm trying to get them to unlock them.

Does completion require getting all of them on the same run?

DrDustCell

Educated
Does completion require getting all of them on the same run?
Nope, I don't think so! The game checks the collection, and gives you the achievement when you visit the achievements page, not after a clear.

Also, moving my previous edits here since my post was at the end of the page.

EDIT: Also, Gamepedia just sent me an email stating they're reviewing my Rance X wiki proposal. Hopefully that comes through, as I don't have time censoring each and every nipple like Wikia wants me to do..

EDIT #2: Just got Lv85 Rance from a regular red Chest. What I did was get all the Rances from both prep and base missions, ending with the Rance reward on T11 prep phase. Also pictured below: My preferred speedrun/farming team.

This puts me at 881 cards! ~100 more to go before completion probably lol.

NARl5N6.jpg

I was busy last days so got my first A ending only yesterday. Sea route. Game forced me to replay last 2 turns before invasion because of my team choice.
Now i'll aim for keeping mortality under 30%.
Rick and Rolex eh.

Rolex so overrated.
And Super Gandhi.
Lol. Yes! (see above)

EDIT 3: I now have 3 of the Cyclops youkai and 4 of the lewd headmouth one. And still 1 omachi and 1 spidergirl. It's really RNG.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
So, it turns out the alice wiki does have some hints about this "true ending" route. I didn't expect the devs to go this route, it takes balls to do so. Unfortunately, I still will have to wait decades to have the game translated. :negative:

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Just play it machine translated like the rest of us and replay it properly when the official translation comes out somewhere between Bannerlord release and the heat death of the universe.

DrDustCell

Educated
Finished my run. I realized I didn't need to get Lv42 Rance (from harem mission) and Naked Rance (the mission afterwards) to unlock Lv85 Rance, as I got them afterwards.

Out of 16 target cards, I got 4. (1 Leazas Flag, 1 alt Perule, 1 alt Agireda, 1 Lv85 Rance) That makes this an acceptable run.

Thoughts:
- Even though I had both Juilettas (chest), Nikkou (forgot), British (chest), Caffe (chest), and Ho Raga (chest) in my team, I could only do 1 base phase mission with them (British), and Mercy Juiletta was not unlocked as I could not get the mission with Ho Raga afterwards.
- I could not find the Mikan ??? event even though 1) I had her in my team, 2) went her route on Leazas 2, and 3) exhausted ALL the ??? scenes until it was just Rance and Sill ad infinitum. THere must be a different way to unlock that scene instead of ???.
- I offered Kessel a maid apostle (perule) but I still could not unlock his nude fem card.
- I did not do the Steel Horror mission for the 2 cards. Slipped my mind when it was available.
- I'm still missing an alt Rizna and an alt Sachiko. I know Rizna can come from a ??? event, so it's probably tied to that and defeating Medusa early (or late?).
- Getting Kenshin before Galtia does unlock his meal ticket B, but not C. I did not playtest this further and just killed him straight in my run.
- Items that I have no clue how to get:
1. 主人公: ひょうたん型黄金像 | NO | ? | ? (they say only the golden monkey statue hasn't been found, well I'm 1 golden statue behind as I can't find the 3rd)
2. リーザス: 王家の歴史書 | NO | ? | ? (Just ???)
3. 自由都市: アスカのパンツ | NO | ? | ? (Asuka's panties. Wicurio says it's under FC but the midget Asuka is from Leazas, perhaps related to when you battle her 1v1)
4. モンスター: 赤色の円柱 | NO | ? | ? (probably related to the blue one's acquisition)

Speaking of Meal tickets, I made a note of what I'm still missing: (obviously excluding characters I don't have!)
Tillday C
Rizna B C
Papaya B C
Amades Kakades A B C
Katyusha B C
Hanny King B C
Lucy Juiletta C (prob. requires Mercy)
Earthy Juiletta C (prob. requires Mercy)
Galtia B C (B requires Kenshin, C might require another big eater)
Yuki C (maybe getting Silky, and the 2 Las by retreating once?)

Run Stats: ~10 hours playtime, 15 turns (badend), 3 countries manually liberated, 1 self liberated, 24% casualty, 581 cards acquired this run. Rarest non-new card found: RedEye

Last edited:

DrDustCell

Educated
Uhh I just tested something out and it worked. I got 赤色の円柱. So that's 5 cards from these saves!

I made all the holy galmons adults at the same time (roster-wise) and stepped onto a ??? tile and I got it.

In the above playthrough I also did some experiments like capturing literally every single regular and super galmon, capturing all general girls, getting 4 generals from chests, etc. But there really wasn't anything novel that came out of it.

Jason Liang

Arcane
You're missing the golden statue from Ho Raga.

I just spent the entire night in JAPAN, redoing every possible combination of meal ticket/ with rare up/ without rare up and still can't get Omachi to drop. I've killed Kuroge like 20 times, the Monster general like 20 times and Kayblis like 8 times, still no good.

DrDustCell

Educated
Couldn't find the Ho even after meeting British on base phase :(

EDIT: You don't have to get the Youkai in Japan! They'll start dropping back in the continent (or base phase "Chance" especially) either in this game or the next (immediately if you use unlock all cards)!

The mere fact that you reached Japan unlocks them all (except kurobe iirc), even if you don't visit Japan in your next game (they drop really early as well)

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
Yeah I just saw that, that was you? Thanks! XD

I also checked wicurio, and it says Galtia's C is earned by habing Fem Kessel. This new page should help out with meal ticket hunting. This one for acquiring rarer cards. And finally this one for intramission events.

No, I can't post on 4chan either.

For Ho Raga, 4chan says it's a low priority prep phase mission (not base phase) so you have to clear some of the higher priority prep missions first since only 9 are displayed (basically the same issue as Satisfaction bonuses in Sengoku Rance).

DrDustCell

Educated
For Ho Raga, 4chan says it's a low priority prep phase mission (not base phase) so you have to clear some of the higher priority prep missions first since only 9 are displayed (basically the same issue as Satisfaction bonuses in Sengoku Rance).

Gotcha! I'll load up an earlier save and try again. I think I have a base phase british at T9 so that should be enough time to clear out small prep missions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom