Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
JustMyOnion Yep, it's like Mafia 1 & 2.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hm. Just got past a big economic hurdle in Ultimate Realism Mod by beating Wayfaring Knight in a duel.
Thanks for the Milanese Cuirass, which is probably the best protection vs carry weight.
It was totally worth it to pull out the Bane poison, Artemisia, Bivoj's Rage, Buck's Blood, Embrocation, and Vitality potion.
Let's hope I meet him again so I can farm that armor.

RK47

Patron
Oh, I just learned you can just copy down the Alchemy recipe on a piece of paper and then brew as you wish without owning the actual recipe in your book.
That's....cool, I guess? But did anyone seriously experimented with alchemy without recipe? This is a huge saving for starters.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
That weird moment when everyone including most SJWs already forgot but Vavra is still calling out random crazies on the Internet.

Yes, we know Dan, everybody knows by this point. Stop fanning out these little farts.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Actually the game is incredibly historically inaccurate because Captain Bernard is Larry the Cable Guy.

Px8WqZ6.jpg
DZmewk5.jpg

Who's laughing now, Warhorse?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I for one enjoy and appreciate Dan's scorched earth policy of calling out morons for their moronics.

It's one thing to object against a moronic article in a major outlet like Polygon but pointing a spotlight on random idiots with their little blogfarts that nobody in the world would notice otherwise is stupid.

Rev

Arcane
That weird moment when everyone including most SJWs already forgot but Vavra is still calling out random crazies on the Internet.

Yes, we know Dan, everybody knows by this point. Stop fanning out these little farts.

You're right but I can understand him being pissed off about this whole stupid debate that's been going on for a while.
I'd be the same if I was making my dream game, about a historical period I really like and my country, consulting with several historians in order to make it as accurate as possible (with some compromises for gameplay reasons, ofc) and then some random idiots on the internet with no credentials whatsoever started saying that it's all wrong because I didn't included black people in a country that even today, with migration being easier and much more common than it was in 1400, is almost 100% white.

RK47

Patron
Just sell your games, don't sell your political ideas lah.
Like, there's an error in the recipe for the Padfoot Potion that made me botch the mix 3 times in a row.

You had to distill as the final step but the in-game recipe tells you to not boil.
Henry literally shaking after spending a whole noon huddled over alchemy table screaming WHY. WHY. WHY.

Also, letting cauldron cool isn't the same as letting the solution stop bubbling... the fire has to die.
Those potions paid off though. Must've nicked like 2,000 groschen worth of goods with one session of lockpicking.
I passed like two speech checks of guards wanting to check my bag for stolen shit.
First time they fined me for ignoring them :lol: but then I convinced them to cancel the fine. :smug:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom