Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

agris

Arcane
Patron
sorry man :( I shouldn't be surprised that with a beast like the cry engine, there's multiple paths to this bug and only one of them is corrupted shader cache.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Capture5785.png

Tigranes

Arcane
Well, that's just fine. Looks like I'll be using that, though I hope the food/hunger stuff is optional.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Repair cost at shops now a 1:1 ratio with item's value

:retarded:

This actually encourages people to just discard badly damaged armor instead of repairs anyway. The only thing you needed at tip-top condition is your weapons actually.
And the best approach is still the same as vanilla: spend your groschen on potions early on and bank them for recipes and power through with Bivoj's Rage, Bane Potion and Artimesia Potion to bypass the drastically lowered skill progression. There's just no substitute to raw damage. I'm sitting at 5000 groschen after finishing Neuhoff and cleared 2 bandit camps, still see no reason to buy armor.

5 hour session observation:
1. After completing your training with Capt. Bernard, the skill progression was so slow that he will refuse to train Henry on Master Strikes.
2. Upon waking up from his 2 week coma, Henry will need more than 3 pancakes, a pot of gruel, a skin of wine, and shot of schnapps to refill his stomach. Yes, he ate all that and is still hungry. This annoyance is pr. minor. I recommend not installing the hunger bullshit since feeding Henry is not much of a gameplay.
3. Drastically lowered yields from poaching that made hunting way less profitable. I could get at most 1-2 chunks off rabbit.
4. Despite the changed perks, you'd still want the same perks. It doesn't affect much.
5. The lowered stamina regeneration will kill you more often in combat.
6. Enemies are more aggressive. Dueling with real weapons against Capt. Bernard is ill-advised. If you want to do so, at least take off your armor to avoid a hefty repair bill.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
I had suprisingly few bugs so far. Only about one crash and nothing serious what so ever, no quest breaking bugs or anything like that. That was until yesterday. I think I have done every other sidequest available in the game currently, except for the quarry mission. Which I did, but loaded a save before starting it after completing the mission
because my friends are idiots and deserve to be whipped. I wanted to report them, but saying about the quarry raid to Robard(?) just jumps off from the conversation and can't think anyone else who I could say about it. :argh:Waiting for a patch to fix this so those losers get punished.

But more to more serious things. I think I have the final quest with Hans Capon and the infiltration to Vranik fort available. But both lead to neverending load screen. With Hans it hangs right after the conversation (or if your clothes are dirty, and he tells to go change and talking to him after returning to him.) With Vranik it hangs right after the first cutscene in Rattay after returning from the fort. Already reinstalled the game, but no dice.
:negative:
could you give me the save(s) which lead(s) to these states?

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Anyone else spent like 2 hours reading all the codex entries to learn about medieval Bohemia? My Henry just learned how to read, too. Can't wait to read all those stolen books I've hidden in my trunk for half the game. This is the first game I've ever played where I actually give a shit about the lore.

Salvo

Arcane
Anyone else spent like 2 hours reading all the codex entries to learn about medieval Bohemia? My Henry just learned how to read, too. Can't wait to read all those stolen books I've hidden in my trunk for half the game. This is the first game I've ever played where I actually give a shit about the lore.

Lore? More like... real history!

Codex Year of the Donut
Top-tier review

https://archive.is/L1skG

Choosing this period from within the many centuries of Bohemian medieval history hints at a nationalist interest that, combined with the vilification of the game’s non-Czech characters, is hard to ignore.

The suspicion, given the murkiness of the historical record regarding a rural stretch of medieval Central Bohemia’s demographic make-up,

:selfhate:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Huh, even durability zero armor still gives protection, albeit reduced.
So there's very little reason to remove armor unless I found a better one.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Anyone else spent like 2 hours reading all the codex entries to learn about medieval Bohemia?

I've only read about "Jews" and "Women in the Middle Ages". I've learned Jews were slave traders and women couldn't get out the house without a man. Best Codex ever.

The suspicion, given the murkiness of the historical record regarding a rural stretch of medieval Central Bohemia

I don't know anything about that country in that period but I'm suspicious. Kek.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
FFS, if Warhorse makes a game about the Reconquista or about the Balkans in the period of Ottoman conquest, the cucks will demand that half the population of the game is black, else they'll pronounce WH "clearly racist and white supremacist".

agris

Arcane
Patron
Smejki

More bugs. In the Hare Hunt (talmberg poachers) quest KCD v1.3.3.
I got the quest from the Huntsman, went to the Talmberg Inn and talked to the Inn Keeper and Marta. My journal lit up with new objectives to talk to new NPCs. I find a random women, she tells me to talk to the Inn Keeper's wife (Marta) which sets that as an objective. Since I talked to Marta already, that objective should probably be marked as completed immediately after receiving it. The real bug is this though: after I spoke to the NPC who told me to talk to Marta, I talked to Tom o the Baths, and the objective "Talk to Brada the Tanner" was marked as completed. I reloaded from a save prior to talking to anyone about the quest, but still after receiving it from the Huntsman. This means I have no objectives other than the very first one(s) assigned after the Huntsman gives me the quest. I speak to a villager, am told to talk to Brada the Tanner, and that objective pops up. I talk to the trader in Talmberg castle (V-something), he mentions Tom o the Baths mouthing off at the Inn and the Objective "Go to the inn to investigate hearsay about Tom o the baths" is marked as complete. I have not yet been to the inn or the baths, and have learned nothing about him.

If you want the save I mentioned reloading - the one that lets you proceed to break the quest objective scripting - here it is.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is it me or is combat on uneven terrain fucked up? Everytime I have the upper ground I can't hit for shit and I get wrecked. I switch to the lower ground and it's instant win.

This has happened several times now and also seems to affect the AI. Just yesterday, I fought a Cuman with a halberd or something like that. At first, he almost killed me because I went at him downhill. Ran around him, got to lower ground, he didn't manage to hit me anymore (and before this he got me down to 23 life) and I wrecked him.
:popamole:

You did the reverse Star Wars.

JustMyOnion

Educated
This game is puzzling me. It's an open world game, but it's like none of the devs wanted it to be an open world game. All the open world/sandbox gameplay is completely undercooked. The main quest takes such heavy emphasis and limits the open world gameplay at times. The way important NPCs are handled is even more cancerous than what Todd ever came up with - even though NPCs just respawn after a week. I could swear there was a 2004 build of Oblivion that was in a similar state as KCD, before they realized that trying to make guard AI "fair" just makes it useless and exploitable, which is the only valid description of KCD's guard AI. And all these fucking cutscenes... this is supposed to be a crowdfunded Kickstarter game, not some Ubisoft shit. If I backed this game thinking I'm backing an open world medieval simulator, and now found out my money went into hours of prerendered 1920*1080 low bitrate cutscenes, I'd be pissed. I played with the thought of giving around 200€ during crowdfunding, but I'm glad I didn't.

Also, did someone else notice how after 1.3, getting hit while drawing the bow doesn't cancel the draw anymore? The bow was already pretty good for me, but now it's the definitive melee weapon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom