Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress DECLINE 22: Primitive Proliferation

Dayyālu

Arcane
also Dayyālu tried to backstab two people, then tried to intimidate me... to give him gems/helping him in his war - against everyone in his vicinity... in exchange for - get this.. not attacking me... :lol:

Your lack of comprehension is stunning.

I have done nothing but keep my word an paying the price (making peace with Marverni, fighting Mictlan with words and troops).

In exchange, I got betrayed by both Marverni and Starspawns, one reneging on a alliance and a NAP and the other breaking a NAP. If you read "throw at me some N items and I won't bother you" as a "menace", you are a weirdo.

Both entered happily in my shitlist, a funny evolution that is already making my game in Dec20 far more interesting. On that regard, I'm waiting your niggas on the misfortune Throne. Give me a good battle, not some kind of underhanded messy betrayal like the others.

Grif

Learned
Interestingly enough, I rechecked the timing of our 12 turn NAP, and it turned out Dayyālu was indeed correct that I broke our 12 turn NAP first. (I thought I offered it on turn 17, turns out when the message was sent it was turn 19). Folks, this is why you never agree to a timed NAP without specifying turn numbers. :M

Otherwise, carry on. I just wanted to set that record straight. Will be interesting to see how future games develop with this sword of damocles hanging over my head. http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?members/dayyālu.15322/

Grif

Learned
Folks, this is why you never agree to a timed NAP without specifying turn numbers. :M

(you have been too polite to mantain a grudge too long. Send some goddamn war declarations, I gave the luxury even to the goddamn thrice-nigger Isiloon )

Fine, fine. :D

SeNVqUk.png

Berytos, raise your flags. It's time to believe in Rl'yeh, my dear seafaring neighbour.

(I am not a creative man, so have shitty memes.)

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I'm really disappointed KoolNoodles, my response will be another RP message to the tune of :outrage: and appropriate in-game action.

Dayyālu the only NaP that will end up being respected in this game is the NaP between fellow super powers Helheim and Pangaea. Of course that's if Grimwulf keeps his double reassurance that he will respect the NaP which was well defined and pedantic.:obviously:

I'm noit going to fight you for that misfortune throne you dumb cheesecake I dont even want it with misfortune 1 to 2 it's too much.

If you want to fight me ... Fight me in my fort, you spaghetti brained nincampoop. Otherwise I'll turtle until the time is right to wage jihad and retake my kingdom
Sceleria is an empire of evil, dust given malice... I call upon the civilized nations of Decline20 to unite and eradicate their menace.

Also in this game... I love my trade partners. We are all United by economic interests and it's a pleasure having you as customers.

Special deals for sale - any non artifact for 20% discount in exchange for it's normal price 1:1 as nature gems.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Probably some more half-truths and such, right?

While it would be fun to hang on as some little enclave of Machakans Wakandans, because the nation is pretty fun to play if one can survive the earliest turns.....I'm not the king making type of player. If I thought I'd have a chance to back stab you successfully or maybe win in the late game megawar chaos with teleporting SCs and thugs with gate cleavers landing on thrones(something), then I might agree. But I don't see any path to doing either of those things.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
What?

Your 2h file seems to be for a different turn number to the one the game's currently on. The 2h file is for turn 31, while the game is now on turn 32.

Details of your e-mail:
Subject:
Sent at: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 08:21:57 +0300
Attachment: early_helheim.2h

Sent my turn 3 sec before it should have been processed and still staled. God fucking dammit! Fuck! :rage:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Alright, now I actually insist on 48h timer. And a backup admin, who will be able to extend turns while Dayyālu is away. Preferably someone who has strong positions in the game and is not insane. Grif will do.

Goddamit, I asked for that extension 28 hours before the turn was proceeded. Now I find myself breaking several trade agreements, losing battles that were not even supposed to happen, missing an opportunity to storm a fort, missing Pretender's turn, missing recruitments, and so on. All that in the middle of a war. Just great.

I hate you, Dayyālu.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
...and being a true happymerchant at heart, those won't be spent. Better to hoard them maniacally, maybe cast that uber-op spell "¿WTF?" , increasing a random opponent's magical treasury by ~600 assorted gems. Or found an NGO.

Grif

Learned
Alright, now I actually insist on 48h timer. And a backup admin, who will be able to extend turns while Dayyālu is away. Preferably someone who has strong positions in the game and is not insane. Grif will do.

How sure are you I'm not insane? :M

We're talking about starspawnsaboleths here.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Goddammit Grimwulf I lost internet access just an hour after I posted the last message here.

Godfuckdammit I'm sorry changing timer and giving password to someone else

It wasn't intended it's my job's fault

EDIT: OR WE CAN ROLLBACK OR SOMETHING

Any votes pro or against?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Goddammit Grimwulf I lost internet access just an hour after I posted the last message here.

Godfuckdammit I'm sorry changing timer and giving password to someone else

It wasn't intended it's my job's fault

EDIT: OR WE CAN ROLLBACK OR SOMETHING

Any votes pro or against?

But rollback means Grim doesn't lose a Vanjarl he was never supposed to lose. :smug:

Eh, whatever, I am OK with a rollback. I made my moves w/out planning on a stale turn anyways, makes no difference one less Vanjarl when you have Pangaea/Lanka/Fomoria crashing your borders as well.

Infinitum

Scholar
...butbutbut Dayyālu I just finished scripting muh armies :negative:. Either way though, have a rough idea what I want to do anyhow so should be quicker the second time around (in case we do this, remember to check sent emails to llamaserver for your old .2h file in case you don't wanna redo last turn as well).

Last edited:

Grif

Learned
Fine either way. I don't think I had anything special that happened.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Sure, I think we should always accommodate players if their request for an extension or, purely hypothetically, request to change their nation was missed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom