Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

jungl

Augur
I honestly don't know how trails has fans. Everything is copy pasted from the previous game even the final boss. It like a jeff vogels games but insert 20 hours filler anime trope dialogue. Combat system is also mediocre like jeffs games considering you can get a character to 1 shot the final boss without even grinding on hard.

Deleted member 7219

I'm now nearing the end of my first PC playthrough (second overall) of TOCS 2. Epilogue Chapter.

I love being back at Thors again.

This music is playing. Pretty sweet:

:love:

jungl

Augur
bruh I ordered shit from china and Jailbreaked all the consoles I played since early 2000. Rented games to burn them and later install them on consoles hard drive using my computer. Now its just easier to emulate stuff and pointless since console gaming is dead as everything almost is on pc. Been kickstarting (pirating) pc games little earlier. Ya I totally bought this game bro.

Shadenuat

Arcane

:shredder:

Some more observeshuns

The game is only half recycled from previous one, so not as a ripoff like TitS3
The plot manages to combine insufferable anime shit (unwinnable fights & Rean) annoying characters (Rean) and often ruin its own moments (by Rean existing, he whines or lectures someone one more time I just want to strangle the fucker + all womynz fall on his chest as if struck by love magik while men in the team submit to his hair sprayed with white liquid & booming voice from Breath of Fire; well we could put characters like McBurn into same obnoxious category I guess) together with strangely charming moves
intermission with talking to all your enemies, tanks shooting mechs down, nobles suddenly burning innocent village wounding kids etc., and SARA
Astonishingly blue haired space posing loli often says the most reasonable things
If not for occasional politiks and ok characters (NOT Rean) storywise game would almost fall in the realm of worst of anime garbage, sadly. As my friend said, "giant mech appears, good story disappears". Have a drink every time you get saved by somebody after boss or just someone dramatically enters the scene.
Combat is still fun and addictive, but due to even more new broken abilities is, well, now too broken. Dual combo chains with buffed mq's like Tauros and characters like Emma/Laura + noble commands (they REALLY made Jusis useful in this one daymn) + lost arts + no more limit on maximum damage etc. Well I'm sure for people who maybe are not experienced or bad they might find it difficult, but if you know main rules (pump SPD) and have basic knowledge of RPGs (specialize characters) it's not difficult. Plus like in all JRPGs your inventory is always loaded with hundreds of consumables.

The mech combat is boring to tears, but thankfully Sara trivializes it so whatever.

However the second part of the game seems to becoming a lot better with less tears and being pwned and more acting and pwning yourself, and avatar shrines have good music I guess.

No matter how you look at it, TitS 1 was walking the edge of anime and something different, with Estelle and everyone being... normal, and doing... normal stuff. ToCS crosses the edge rushes into giant mech and jumps from a cliff in that respect, which is such a shame. Now I even miss Joshua since he just wasn't such an obnoxious whiny lecturing cunt as Rean.

Oh, andmy favorite antagonist is Duvalie :lol: I almost play to just see what happens with her next

Last edited:

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
sIq1WbR.jpg

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Sara has the most reasonable attire in fact, it's sexy without showing off too much skin. :love:

The only thing I like about Claire is that she serves my man Osborne. If it wasn't for that, I would be hoping for there to be an option for Rean to go Dick Dastardly and tie her to some train tracks.

Nirvash

Liturgist
Cap 3 of steel 1, i like it more than sky. (but yes, is very very easy)
All the girls are so adorable and i actually miss a romance option.

Nirvash

Liturgist
Oh come on, sara is the best waifu by a long margin.

Or maybe elliot in a maid trap outfit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom