Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Decline 20: Dominions 5: Defenders of the Faith

What era we play in?

• MA

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • EA

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • LA

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I felt like I was in a hopeless situation anyway, and I dont want to EQ my own guys.

Dont worry Dayyalu, there's other earthquakers.

I would give you some death gems, so you can forge bane venom charms and stick them up your arse, but I'd rather feed one of your biggest threats instead, not that you have many.

Dayyālu

Arcane
RcP7vGh.jpg

Dont worry Dayyalu, there's other earthquakers.

You know, I am seriously hoping for a great battle with your capstack. I am massing troop and mages for it.

All the stuff I've sent now against you is merely border chaff I had at hand. The True Battle (the one worthy of planning and to be proud to win or to lose) is still to be fought.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Get in line - I'm busy fighting Atlantis.

I'll script all my mages to self-immolate in protest like the african/muslims usually do!
:selfhate:

Infinitum

Scholar
Also Dayyālu, please retreat those chaffballs of yours. You won't get very far with unsupported skeletons, but they draw resources from my war on the fishmen. There's nothing for you to gain underwater. Thank you.

Dayyālu

Arcane

You know that I kinda won a bet thanks to that?

It's time for you to beat my armies also. C'mon, see that misfortune Throne? I am waiting.

Also Dayyālu, please retreat those chaffballs of yours. You won't get very far with unsupported skeletons, but they draw resources from my war on the fishmen. There's nothing for you to gain underwater. Thank you.

Sure, sure. With no troops you can sure deal with "unsupported skeletons".

I'll give you a primer: you can kill 500 par turn, and I know that you can't, and I will still be on top. If only someone didn't refuse proper diplomatic contacts and we had a cozy NAP and...

wait a minute

:lol:

Don't worry, endless hordes of soon supported skellitons are the least of your problems. It will become quickly better.

Infinitum

Scholar
What, returning unwarranted pearls/items and offering trades constitutes no diplomacy nowadays? Then again, if you want to throw a few thousand skellingtons and mages out of your scuffle with Mictlan who am I to say you can't. Luckily, my predecessor saw fit to drop like 30 province defense in every. single. province. so being out of position isn't all that catastrophic for me.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
What was the bet you made? That I will salt the earth as I always do?

Nope, I was perfectly sure no one could be so... let's say strategically sound, as to keep 100-600 perfectly usable assorted gems lying around untill turn 46. (It... it hurts! Why? Why did you do that?!?)

We never actually made a bet, but he was the one that had faith in you!

edit: ahem, assuming I'm the one Day is talking about, otherwise :oops:

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
I don't know, I've always found Isiloon to be a reasonable and generous opponent, gracious in defeat. I don't think he'd do anything crazy like, say, destroy his capitol fort in year two.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
But being gracious in defeat is about moral, politeness and honor. Frankly, if I was attacked by a strong rush nation so early I'd contemplate razing my cap.

a) it's accurate from a RP perspective. Historically, it's been done dozens of times.

b) it's good for the game balance, imho. An early double capital can seriously put a nation's growth on steroid.

Just my 2c of course, not trying to moralize here.

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I made some bad choices this game e.g. rushing eternal pyre but being unable to cast it because Phoenix can't wear flaming helmet. (Fucking retarded right):retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded:

Also I had no good use for any of the other gems except getting some research items which wouldn't help because there wasn't any level 7ish spells that would help me significantly.

FYI my reference to sqeecoo was when I was Lanka and he was going to invade me, I threatened to depopulate into ghouls and raze my labs and forts... He decided to leave me alone so I could kamikazi into KoolNoodles and Grimwulf

I think razing your shit so undead imperialists don't get it is thematic and reasonable.

Also I'm still interested in what this bet was, that I'd have a tantrum? No... I'm relieved I can finally die to a proper invasion and not jackals like Shinuyama biting my butt
:dance:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I kept the gems under my mattress. Now before my inevitable death I quickly signed a will transferring all estate to KoolNoodleMan who appears to be the most credible Challenger left.

Also I'm sure those gems can be put to good immediate use.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I kept the gems under my mattress. Now before my inevitable death I quickly signed a will transferring all estate to KoolNoodleMan who appears to be the most credible Challenger left.

Also I'm sure those gems can be put to good immediate use.

If only I could thanks/laugh/despair/brofist/agree/decline this.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
To be quite honest Isiloon, Ulm followed by Ys probably are more credible challengers at this point. Pythium is up there too. Maybe after I finish Abysia and get the blood slaves flowing and take some of R'lyeh and.......maybe. :M

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
You disappoint me KoolNoodles - though I have enough respect for your skills to consider you may be playing 4D chess with your self deprecation, in order to build up time to strike a decisive blow...

or maybe you're just shit you bastard

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Oh boy! I'm officially a credible challenger! Yuge!

:emoshun:

*sniff* I-I wanted to thank my mom, I owe her my life and I would never have reached such accomplishments without her fulgid example of moral, dignity and diligence. Thanks mommy!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom