Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind - King of Dragon Pass spiritual successor

Endemic

Arcane
"Elmal must always be subordinate to Orlanth".

:P

Liquorice

Educated
Must the UI be so smooth and smartphon-y? It's pretty disgusting, compared to the (old) KoDP UI.

That said, I'm very much looking forward to this.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Must the UI be so smooth and smartphon-y? It's pretty disgusting, compared to the (old) KoDP UI.

What specifically do you find "smooth" and smartphony, could you go into detail a bit?

The UI is pretty skeuomorphic for the most part, you can see bits of leather, clay beads, bone plaques etc.

Liquorice

Educated

What specifically do you find "smooth" and smartphony, could you go into detail a bit?

The UI is pretty skeuomorphic for the most part, you can see bits of leather, clay beads, bone plaques etc.
I.. don't know, honestly. I have no analysis to offer, it just looked like a mobile game to me. I'm judging from the one zoomed-in shot of the UI that's in the trailer, if there have been more screenshots, I've missed them.
Does the actual smartphone version have a different looking UI?

The Fish

Arcane
The UI does look off, it looks like a 90s CG render. There's mixing of skeuomorphic and non-skeuomorphic UI elements. Below the leather there is no drop shadow or ambient occlusion, above it there are volumeless text boxes. The overall impression given is of old pre-renders with poorly modelled lighting.

I think it would be preferable to have the UI comprise decorative hand drawn elements.

Serus

Arcane
Patron

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
https://sixages.com/blog/index.php/2018/04/tutorial/

Tutorial-iPhone-SE.png

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
"Foreigners"? It simply means "those not of our culture". In KoDP that would be not-Orlanthi, here it's obviously something else.

Silva

Arcane
Here it means everyone non-Pavisite, like Orlanthi, Lunar and Animal Nomads for example. (I wish ;) )

On a sidenote, anybody else found KoDP on HotU? I did and just recently found out the site is still up!

1199ojc.png
1199ojc.png

Last edited:

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Are you sure you want to be so proud of this to link it here?
It is half as good as you think and most likely just average shit.
Imagine that elk carrying these antlers around 24/7. He would need WAY more muscles. Also I don't see anything special about this. Just one fucking stupid human-eyed elk carrying too heavy antlers. I guess this is a high point in art in that game.

PS: Also even if it could carry those, why are they pointing downwards, can't attack anything with it.
Bad art is bad art.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Imagine that elk carrying these antlers around 24/7. He would need WAY more muscles. Also I don't see anything special about this. Just one fucking stupid human-eyed elk carrying too heavy antlers. I guess this is a high point in art in that game.

PS: Also even if it could carry those, why are they pointing downwards, can't attack anything with it.
Bad art is bad art.
Hahaha such a coincidence,i just came from a museum about wield animals. The royal elk does have huge amtlers and is big as a horse.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I have no problems with a more accurate picture of a royal elk, but this thing is just stupid.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Bad art is bad art.
Did you have any ancestors that were responsible for sacking Entartete Kunst?
You seem to have a knack for it.
Clearly there is no room here for art that depics non-realistic animals.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
It’s an Irish elk (extinct), and that’s how the antlers look. It does look fairly slight, but I took that to be deliberate—a visual allusion to Mononoke perhaps or the unusually slight build of unicorns to convey that it’s a fairy elk.
1280px-Irish_Elk_front.jpg

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
It’s an Irish elk (extinct), and that’s how the antlers look. It does look fairly slight, but I took that to be deliberate—a visual allusion to Mononoke perhaps or the unusually slight build of unicorns to convey that it’s a fairy elk.
1280px-Irish_Elk_front.jpg

From our last trip to Ireland, in the great hall of askmeifyoureallycareandi'lllookitup.

rG32GX0.jpg

The antlers were apparently found in a bog by the inhabitants of the castle, apparently the deer/elk has been extinct for about 5000 years.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
I'm sorry our deer art is not accurate enough for your standards. I hope my stupid post didn't ruin your mood too much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom