Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher W3EE - Overhaul mod to TW3 that fixed everything that was wrong with vanilla game.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:
There are a lot of mechanics that are in place that really makes you scratch your head what was the point. Imo they probably went through several changes which made most of those mechanics out of whack and they just shipped them this way.

Like crafting in vanilla game outside of witcher sets is completely useless.
Some shit seems like they just ran out of time to implement properly. It's clear that they originally intended for the horse to also act as a pack mule and have its capacity dictated by the equiped saddle bags rather than having those saddle bags add to Geralt's carry capacity. Probably why multiple mods that restore it could be made to begin with. The perk/general skill that increases Geralt's carry weight capacity really didn't make much sense in the vanilla game given how saddle bags do the job better and for "free".
Things like the tracking bolt also seem to be leftovers from previous/abandoned mechanics.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
----------------------
----------------------

I also have something to share !

FILE

MultiCompanion Mod for W3EE

When you beat main story quest you will be able to take Ciri/Yennefer/Triss as companion on your journey. They will be at Dendelion place. They are also kind of voiced and have some barks.

If you don't want to wait you can just call them via commandline SpawnSpecialCompanion(ciri) etc.
You can roll with Zoltan !

Full instructions on mod site how to use that mod

Here are the files. Just overwrite the folder in your mods folder:
https://ufile.io/mh8co

Thanks !

Perkel is this like some older overhaul you posted?
No that was my modpack which i made from various mods. IT was great but it didn't cover everything nor it was so great as this one.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Yeah, playing with this and dying on the ghoul fight. It seems dodge is no longer a win button. P incline.

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah, playing with this and dying on the ghoul fight. It seems dodge is no longer a win button. P incline.

Block(and riposte) is now mostly how you defend and occasionally dodge to change placement.

I personally changed a bit damage multiplier for beasts and necrophages to 0.3.
IT doesn't make a sense than wolves suddenly can chew through witcher in 3-4 hits.

There are a lot of mod options in OPTIONS>MOD to customize it how you like.

are beasts and necrophages the same thing now? I notice my witcher draws steel for the ghouls and I fear I have stepped onto another autism mine.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Couldn't have started this thread a week ago, could you? Now I'm pretty far into my current playthrough. :negative:

These changes sure sound great.

Perkel

Arcane
are beasts and necrophages the same thing now? I notice my witcher draws steel for the ghouls and I fear I have stepped onto another autism mine.

They are not. Switch of auto sheathing. From what i know it is wonky so you should manually take out right sword.
Stell sword for almost anything and silver for special ones (and as additional damage for some)

Couldn't have started this thread a week ago, could you? Now I'm pretty far into my current playthrough. :negative:
They really are quite fantastic. It matches my vision of how the game should have been almost perfectly. I made a post about it somewhere around here in fact.

My only complaint is how often I am getting my butt kicked, but that's fixable. Either lower the difficulty or git gud.

Perkel

Arcane
TIP: OPTIONS>MOD>HEALTH

player health multiplrier. 2 is when you get double life, 0.5 half as you currently have etc.
Imo with 1.5-1.7 it feels perfect. Still you can't make mistakes but random wolves won't kill you is seconds when you make mistakes.

Tip for first Griffin boss. USE CROSSBOW. It has now nice damage and it is much safer to shower him from afar than to get close as gryphin has nasty sweeps you can hardly dodge.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Does the mod change how blocking works? I mean, are you still invincible against swordsmen as long as you hold the block key, or do you actually have to time your blocks for them to be effective?

This seems to be the first mod that tries to tackle the real problems related to the leveling, as others just use level scaling or some shit like that. Sounds pretty cool for the most part.

Perkel

Arcane

Answer to that in my previous comment to other dude.
That thread was about W3EE but it was like 1.0+ or 2.0+ which was mostly only combat stuff.
W3EE 3.0 is completely different to 1.0 or 2.0.

It has the same name and it is done by same person (or group of people) but scope completely changed. People coming into old thread would see talk about mostly combat and not rest which would confuse people and discredit mod for what it isn't.

Perkel

Arcane
so you get any skill points for completing quests?or just from using skills?
also what is the recomended difficulty lvl?

No, only by using skills and places of power (gives you coresponding skill)

Start on normal and see if first ghouls pummel you like a bitch. Try few times. If you feel it is to hard go into options>mod>health and set player health multiplayer to 2 and test it out. Find nice balance.

Imo default setting is a little to much but i can manage it.

Gerrard

Arcane
Those recipes for various different crap you don't need ? Nilfgardian lemon ? Just why ?
In the vanilla game non-edible alcohol like that can also be used to refill your alchemy items. Of course alchemy-refilling alcohol dropped like candy so you never ran out of it and thus there was little need to craft them but that's what I assume the recipes were originally intended for.
Not only that, but those alcoholic drinks almost never appear in random containers and you have to buy them. Instead, random peasants have alchemical grade spirits and solvents in their cupboards.
Really makes you think.

Perkel

Arcane
If you play on pad double tap left stick near horse. IDK how it is on keyboard. Go to mod site and check it.

Perkel

Arcane
Yes, if you look at recipes those recipes have requirements.
They don't show at all (unlike vanilla) if craftsman doesn't meet requirements.
That dude in Nilfgardian camp was demoted and he doesn't do any crafting. Only craftsmen in WO is just dwarf and he is amateur armor maker.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom