Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

you retards are still stroking Chris' cock?

The last palatable game he worked in was PST, which was like a few decades ago where he insisted on adding shitty trash mob rats. and the good work should actually be Ziet's credit. (to be fair Ziet's contributions since MoTB have been subpar so... the decline is real.)

After that what is on his resume?
the turd piles known as P:E, numa numa and WL2

Roguey 's first ever post on the codex was right. (dunno why he deleted it)

Infinitron you have Roguey's first codex post archived somewhere?

OK, so I might be a little biased and butthurt at Obsidian cucks for never having the balls to do a proper TB rpg when they still had talent But my points of concern are valid.

Last edited:

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Chris Avellone trying to explain to the Codex why he's not immediately dropping everything to resume his Arcanum LP is like Jodie Foster trying to explain to John Hinckley why she can't take his phone calls.

Developer
Aside from the Arcanum playthru, many of you are still owed $200 avatars from this fraud.

Neva Forget.

I did draw all the avatars for PoE, so if you don't have them, pls contact Obsidian (they have all the scans and original pictures). I don't know why they wouldn't have gotten to the people who requested them, that was handled by production.

If anyone didn't get one and Obsidian doesn't get back to you, please let me know, and I'll draw you another.

EDIT: I’ve been informed all the avatars and the originals are at Obsidian. I did learn that if you’re missing one, the issue may be the PoE1 producer in charge of disseminating them on PoE1 (Rose Gomez) resigned a year+ ago, and the 2nd PoE2 producer handling both the art dept and Fig efforts resigned last week (Katrina, although she shouldn’t have had to handle this, since it’s a PoE1 matter and no avatars were requested for PoE2).

Nevertheless, the originals are there (they even know the folder they're in) and marketing should be able to help, so you should be able to request any that are missing and have them sent to you. I apologize if some of them didn’t get to anyone paying for one - I do recall Rose did her best to get in contact with everyone who asked for one.

Last edited:
Developer
Chris Avellone
Thanks for the Clarification.

Don't mind my butthurt sperging too much.

I am really mad at Obsidian and their dirty jewing; but my point about your (lack of) recent success still stand.

I can't object to your point because I don't understand it - when it comes to Ziets, I don't understand what you're talking about (George never worked on PST).

If you're referring to other games, then clarify (DS3? NX1?), but without some explanation, your post is confusing unless you add details to that effect.

That said, am willing to address any issues raised by them - overall, am more about the fixing of things than debating the whys and wherefores.

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
Chris Avellone

I am *very* happy that you like the Jewels of Ghwahlur. It is one of my favourite stories as well, right beside The Black Stranger, where also we see the more Heroic side of Conan. Conan not only shows off his terrific skills and prowess but also his dark side dealing with evil characters such as Black Zarono and Stromboni. But he acts at the same time as the protector and benefactor of the innocent (Lady Belesa and Tina) in a true Barbarian with a code of Honour fashion.

But above all, my favourite is Beyond the Black River. A truly Grim and dark tale where the setting and the tone of the story is more important than its content. A world of the Borderlands, where death lurks at every step and where only the Lion can survive and protect the sheep from the wolves of the savage lands. Ends on a fantastic note too, with the ominous words "Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph.
"

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
but my point about your (lack of) recent success still stand.

He has a wife now who can pressure him now for his lack of recent success, he doesn't need pressure from the Codex :)
Then all of the faggots here should stop strocking his cock and let his wife do her duty.
Didn't you just suck his dick a few posts above? Are you trying to push everyone away so you could have his dick only for yourself?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
but my point about your (lack of) recent success still stand.

He has a wife now who can pressure him now for his lack of recent success, he doesn't need pressure from the Codex :)

The man is freelancing from home. Anyone who can support themselves in their pajamas counts as successful. Like all of us, you just want him to start his own studio and be an RPG auteur again. And most spouses would not favor that kind of move. Presumably she wants an attentive husband more than she wants games that take up all his time.

Give it a couple of years—once the marriage gets rocky, working from home starts to feel claustrophobic.

Nice job jewtron for my tag.

Chris Avellone
Thanks for the Clarification.

Don't mind my butthurt sperging too much.

I am really mad at Obsidian and their dirty jewing; but my point about your (lack of) recent success still stand.

I can't object to your point because I don't understand it - when it comes to Ziets, I don't understand what you're talking about (George never worked on PST).

If you're referring to other games, then clarify (DS3? NX1?), but without some explanation, your post is confusing unless you add details to that effect.

That said, am willing to address any issues raised by them - overall, am more about the fixing of things than debating the whys and wherefores.

I mixed up. Eric ferretmster or something worked on pst iirc.
while most think it was your work that made pst great; but it as the ferretmaster's. your contribution in pst was adding more trash mob rats.

And you are just a washed out old man with nothing worthwhile after PST to your credit. like Richard from Ultim Online etc.

You just have better PR.

Doktor Best

Arcane
I'm all for the free speech and such, but why do we allow some retarded basement dweller post inane shit about our lord and saviour? It is clear as daylight that he only does so because he finally, by accident, caught the attention of someone meaningful and now doesnt know what to do with it other than pissing off everyone with infuriatingly incorrect statements.

Demeaning Chris Avellone's contributions to Planescape Torment alone is a dead giveaway that this is a lousy troll attempt, not worthy of anyones attention. There are limits to the extent of conversation with developers. We should see it as a ressource we have to allocate.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I know several Hindus called Patel they're all unrelated
the fuck's with Patels

Oh hey I found the answer
Means "Innkeeper" or "Motel Owner". Pal is a name of rich, land owning Indians. It means landowner. It's a slur because only the rich Indians would come to western countries years ago, a flood of patels.

Doktor Best

Arcane
I'm all for the free speech and such, but why do we allow some retarded basement dweller post inane shit about our lord and saviour? I
Can't you see how contradictory your own sentence is?

Well it depends. Do you think free speech should be without any form of even endemic limits? Why did the codex ban people in the past then or move certain threads to prosperland/subforums? There is some sort of saturation value in every form of freedom. Once you surpass it, pushing the boundaries even further only amounts to foreign matter floating around distracting people.

As i said. Our exchange with Avellone is limited. He stated just a few pages before that he doesnt have enough time to answer all our interview questions. We do we waste all our time with shameless shitposting?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom