Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Deltago

Barely Literate
Huh, somehow I'd missed the fact that there was a Beamdog fan magazine. Replacement for the The Familiar?

Roguey WTF finish Hordes. Chapter 1 is a cool dungeon crawl.
Long story short, yes.

The magazine comes out every two months. We've been doing it for a year. Past issues can be read here.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/03/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition_16.html

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Patch 8164

Busy times at Beamdog! With the March 27 Steam release less than two weeks away, the team is locking down features and fixes. Build 8164 is now available on Steam and the Beamdog Client.

Known Issues
  • We are still looking into the Intel Integrated GPU-related performance regressions, especially on Mac.
  • We are also looking into the Intel Integrated GPU-related crashes on Windows.
  • Crossbows & slings have a split/twisted appearance and animation. A fix is planned for 8165.
Fixes
  • A crash has been fixed with the toolset that would trigger when re-opening a conversation from search results.
  • The toolset should now run on Wine again.
  • Toolset script compiler no longer crashes when attempting to include a missing script.
  • The toolset now defaults to the NWN user directory when im/exporting erfs.
  • The camera bounds as configurable in the .ini now default to 1.69 values (unlocked).
  • Toolset crash when deleting an area with a uppercase resref was fixed.
  • The multiplayer server list doesn’t select a random server on open anymore.
  • The multiplayer server view now displays the server game type properly.
  • Combining parts no longer causes some geometry to sometimes disappear.
  • Normal mapped static lighting no longer causes lighting to be black for some static geometry.
  • Skin animations for parts that are attached now synch up exactly to the attached object and will no longer animate a few frames behind in certain situations.
  • Skybox position is now centered on the character, so skybox warping will no longer be apparent when you’re at the edge of large maps.
Features
  • Game and server binaries now error out if no data files can be found, instead of crashing.
  • The console open/close key can now be typed in the game chat bar.
  • Some further memleaks in the Toolset were fixed.
  • The toolset script editor now accepts cyrillic/non-ascii input.
  • The toolset script compiler identifier limit has been bumped to 16K (from 8K; error manifested was “IDENTIFIER LIST FULL” for some very complex scripts).
  • The toolset keeps variables on triggers and encounters when repainting their polygon.
  • The toolset is now much faster when opening object properties.
  • Steam workshop now supports tags. Simply create a tags.txt file in your project root, containing the tags you want to assign to your upload, one per line.
Toolset area editor improvements:
  • Selected objects now don't move on single click
  • The object properties dialog opens on double click
  • Support for undo/redo operations on object move actions added
NWScript
New functions: GetEventScript, SetEventScript to set NWScript event handlers on any supported object (including PCs).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
We've been doing it for a year. Past issues can be read here.
We?

There is about 4 or 5 of us from the beamdog forums that work on it every issue, with others contributing articles for certain issues.
A beamdoger dares to make an account on the codex.....and post the same day.......truly fascinating. What is next,EA's CIO making an account and talking about the current state of the industry?!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/03/march-16-livestream-recap.html

March 16 Livestream Recap

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition launches on Steam March 27.

Today Beamdog CEO Trent Oster and Studio Director Phillip Daigle shared the latest news on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition and Infinity Engine games. Phil played the first “Kill Phil” fan module and Trent showed his newest forge projects, a snakeskin steel dagger.

Missed the stream? It's on YouTube and Twitch!

Here's a quick summary of the highlights from the livestream:
  • Siege of Dragonspear is available on Google Play and the App Store. Celebration of its launch continues with a big Google Play and App Store sale on Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition!
  • Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition is now out on the Twitch store!
  • This month’s Dragon+ issue includes a story about Rancor, the sword of Dorn Il-Khan. Back in the day, Phil named the sword when Dave Gross came up with Dorn’s story.
  • Dragon+ recently interviewed Phil. Check out the video on YouTube where Phil speaks about the development of the game and plays Siege of Dragonspear.
  • A new upgrade code is now available on beamdog.com for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition base game owners who want the Digital Deluxe package. Use coupon code NWNDDUPGRADE to get a $19.99 discount on your Digital Deluxe upgrade order.
  • We’re still on the hunt for strong C++ programmers. Check out our job listings!

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Trello boards keep evolving!
  • A few changes have happened on the Roadmap Trello board this week. The True Type Fonts (TTF) card is moved to the Long-term Active >3 months category. The card for Opening up the premium modules for module editing-building is moved from the Input board to the Short-term Active <3 months category. Requests to Add the ability to have a fourth class and to Fix parry are put into the Icebox. A new card - Toolset user interface (UI) upgrades - is brought to the Needs More Discussion category from the Input board. We need your specific feedback on the Toolset UI - please, share it in this thread.
  • Last week we announced Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition would launch on Steam on March 27. Our focus for the release version is stability and overall improvements.
  • We’re still experimenting with new graphics. We gave a glimpse via a tech demo we showed during last week’s livestream. This will not be available at launch.
  • The Hall of Justice showing off new engine features tech demo is now available to download via Steam Workshop. Community content creators, check it out here.
  • We are locking down NWN:EE features and fixes. The new 8164 build for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is now available on Steam and the Beamdog Client. See the full patch notes here.
  • Everything that used to work in the original game should work in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. If something doesn’t work - let us know, and we will fix those bugs.
  • If you have suggestions, share them on the forum - that way they have a chance to appear on the Input Trello board.
  • At this moment we have nothing to comment about bringing Neverwinter Nights to mobile devices.
  • We are aware of the Intel Integrated GPU-related performance regressions and crashes, and are working hard on fixing them.
  • Fixes for the popping and hissing music and videos, as well as for the Linux Full screen bug are on our list.

Phil cherishes the beatings he is dealt in the “Phills fill” module by Mr Damage.
  • The team continues to work on the 2.5 patch updates for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition. Currently, localizations are being added to these updates.
  • An option to turn on and off a “fast mode” in Infinity Engine games is something we can look into after our work on the 2.5 patch is over. There’s no guarantee it can be implemented, however, as it could break Multiplayer.
Excited for what’s next? Come and join the next livestream next Friday!

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
It is amusing just how dead the Beamdog, Steam, reddit and GoG forums for NWN are. Just goes to show how insignificant Beamdog and the NWN community are. Expect a ripple on March 27th, one that quickly fades.

I have two prime write-ups for the NWN series: a starting-point write-up for NWN and a starting point write-up for NWN2.

In regard to number of daily views, both remain neck and neck despite the announcement of NWN:EE and despite GoG editorials and other news sites linking directly to my NWN write-up, but not my NWN2 one.

Makes you think.

OTOH, my blog traffic recently doubled due to my IE content. This is a significant doubling, because the viewship was already non-trivial.

Again, makes you think.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I'm referring to this section of my most popular IE write-up:

overrated.jpg

Lhynn

Arcane
Never had keldorn beyond chapter 2. I just cant take the guy away from his family.

As for Inquisitors, its a pretty great class that trivializes a lot of encounters. Its a bit too good at what it does and pays for that. Still all around a good addition to any party.

Also by your standards lilura, every class is overrated, as theres nothing one class brings that you cant get from somewhere else. Thats how the game was designed, its dumb to point it out in a review for a specific class.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
I guess people are still willing to pay for patches and blur filters. And Trent Shyster is smiling all the way to the bank.

these people and their money making schemes, why can't they give us stuff for free like people who are doing this for fun

wait, I actually know something I wouldn't otherwise get. Premium modules. kek

Ninefingers

Educated
Patron
Never had keldorn beyond chapter 2. I just cant take the guy away from his family.

Have the cuck report his wife to the appropriate authorities. No more family to worry about.

Surely Beamdog could have patched this to reflect our modern enlightened sensibilities in the EE?

Executing a womyn simply for showing how empowered and independent she is? Surely Keldorn deserves to be cucked for neglecting her emotional needs? Is this not the natural state of man?

In all seriousness though this seemed to be the most appropriate and lawful choice when I first played it through and I stand by my decision.

Brancaleone

Liturgist
As for Inquisitors, its a pretty great class that trivializes a lot of encounters.
Especially if you play with SCS installed, the Inquisitor's insta-cast True Sight (as opposed with the standard spell version with its 8 casting time) is quite a life-saver.

Last edited:

Naesaki

Novice
One thing I've learned from these forums in all my time lurking here, is that Lilura has an obscenely inflated ego and an over the top hatred/disdain for beamdog and the nwn community :roll:. Yet despite her loathsome personality/attitude, she does at least know her stuff. (Based on what I've read of her blog so far)

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
She was their first fangirl until they didn't bring FPC in NwnEE and banned her from the beamdog forums.

Makes you think...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
pretty sure she was trying to get hired as editor but didn't succeed
Reasonably confident Lil's real job pays her far more than Beamdog ever could.

ga♥ she's an affluent Hong Kong resident.
Immortal her mastery of English is proof enough that her station is above working or lower middle class.

Last edited:
Her walkthroughs are not that bad and to be honest she could have been a valuable asset as a part time worker editor, posting in the forum too, to help the users.

Beside, do I remember wrong or she did a bet with someone in this forum? The bet was about her showing thr face if she reached a certain objective.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom