Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Azure Saga: Pathfinder - 2D Isometric RPG

katastrophic88

MassHive Media
Developer
Hello Everyone!

I’m Kat and I'm working with MassHive Media -- developer of a recently released RPG named Azure Saga: Pathfinder – as Community Manager.

Far into the future, the human race survives through colonies scattered across the universe. Dive into the world of Azure Saga: Pathfinder and band together to search for the legendary planet that will save humanity. Battle your enemies in JRPG-style turn-based combat, and explore a 2.5D isometric landscape imbued with hand-drawn visuals. Adventure awaits in the fantastic universe of Azure Saga: Pathfinder.

We’d love it if you would stop by our Steam page. You can purchase the game for 25% off until March 20th!

Thanks for your time, and see you around the forum!

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
ss_e2742a149e4a43c9ee6625660adaa4c2f21facce.600x338.jpg

ss_40bb14082a3edb9c49ec25af8e08272b37998f9d.600x338.jpg

meh...

still you shouldve included some images. i only bothered clicking on the steam page because i am super bored.

btw this is one case where NO animations wouldve actually been better than the horrific animations they used for battle.

if you manage to hack an option into the game to disable battle animations it will improve the game aesthetic they are bad and offputting.

Miner 2049er

Scholar
I think I'm love with Clery, but what's that kind of a name ? She's the cleric and they couldn't come up with something better than Clery ? The other names aren't much better.

I'm enjoying the battles. No issues with the stiff animations here.
The way you're getting new skills is anti-climatic. Upon leveling only a symbol is shown without any name or description.

The biggest flaw is the sound of the dialogs. It's horrible, much too loud and makes me skip most of the conversations.

A fun game nonetheless.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Looks decently fun :) I didn't read the whole title and just saw Pathfinder - 2D Isometric and thought it was a game based on the Pathfinder rules derp

Yes I'm stupid

But really it looks nice

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Looks like a bizarre amalgam of Albion and a Winter Wolves game.

At least it's not RPG Maker dreck.

katastrophic88

MassHive Media
Developer
meh...

still you shouldve included some images. i only bothered clicking on the steam page because i am super bored.

btw this is one case where NO animations wouldve actually been better than the horrific animations they used for battle.

if you manage to hack an option into the game to disable battle animations it will improve the game aesthetic they are bad and offputting.

The team worked really hard on the battle animations, and we're sorry you don't like them. Thanks for the feedback.

I think I'm love with Clery, but what's that kind of a name ? She's the cleric and they couldn't come up with something better than Clery ? The other names aren't much better.

I'm enjoying the battles. No issues with the stiff animations here.
The way you're getting new skills is anti-climatic. Upon leveling only a symbol is shown without any name or description.

The biggest flaw is the sound of the dialogs. It's horrible, much too loud and makes me skip most of the conversations.

A fun game nonetheless.

Thank you for your feedback! We are currently working on toning down the sound dialogs so they aren't so loud.

Looks decently fun :) I didn't read the whole title and just saw Pathfinder - 2D Isometric and thought it was a game based on the Pathfinder rules derp

Yes I'm stupid

But really it looks nice

Haha, no worries -- and you're definitely not stupid :) Thanks for taking the time to check it out!

Looks like a bizarre amalgam of Albion and a Winter Wolves game.

At least it's not RPG Maker dreck.

Thanks for commenting! Azure Saga is mostly inspired by Star Ocean and JRPGs/RPGs from the PS1 era.

Morkar Left

Looks like it has good production values but I just can't into the anime child look...

rbenchley

Educated
Patron
I'm digging the game quite a bit. The graphics are gorgeous and look a lot like Vanillaware's games (Odin Sphere, Princess Crown). Pretty decent battle system as well with the United Skills system and I like the gem enhancement system for armor pieces. If there is a sequel, it would be nice to see more options for different armor and weapons. The translation is a bit rough (which is somewhat understandable as the developer is a fairly new team from Indonesia), but I am enjoying the story quite a bit in spite of that. It's pretty obvious that the developers were big fans of the Star Ocean games. I'm not fond of random encounters in RPGs these days, but it's not too annoying as the encounter rate never overwhelms. All in all, a pretty good game. Very old school, SNES/PS1 JRPGish.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The art style (esp. the characters) looks more Chinese than Japanese but I like look of the map / landscape.

katastrophic88

MassHive Media
Developer
Looks like it has good production values but I just can't into the anime child look...

Thanks for taking a moment to check out Azure Saga!

I'm digging the game quite a bit. The graphics are gorgeous and look a lot like Vanillaware's games (Odin Sphere, Princess Crown). Pretty decent battle system as well with the United Skills system and I like the gem enhancement system for armor pieces. If there is a sequel, it would be nice to see more options for different armor and weapons. The translation is a bit rough (which is somewhat understandable as the developer is a fairly new team from Indonesia), but I am enjoying the story quite a bit in spite of that. It's pretty obvious that the developers were big fans of the Star Ocean games. I'm not fond of random encounters in RPGs these days, but it's not too annoying as the encounter rate never overwhelms. All in all, a pretty good game. Very old school, SNES/PS1 JRPGish.

Thanks so much for your feedback! We're so glad you're enjoying the game. Azure Saga: Pathfinder is inspired by Star Ocean and PS1 era JRPGs, so you're right on target. We can't make any promises regarding a sequel, but will definitely keep our players updated via a Steam Announcement!

The art style (esp. the characters) looks more Chinese than Japanese but I like look of the map / landscape.

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to check out our game!

oscar

Arcane
50% off on Steam, curiously downloading.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom