Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

frajaq

Erudite
sd7tr8A.png

I just miss this in RPGs :negative:

2house2fly

Magister
oh yeah how come Lady Webb didn't get a fucking portrait considering she was the only critical NPC in the whole game
They were really stingy with the portraits. Lady Webb should have got one, so should the duc, ideally Maerwald and the Twin Elms dryads, and Adaryc in WM2

2house2fly

Magister
Also in a game where your character is defined by their ability to communicate with ghosts why is it Game Over if Lady Webb dies? Especially since she dies anyway! Eh, more first-draft material I guess.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Because she's only there as a get-out-of-jail-free card if you piss off the 3 factions, she can't give permission to go to the hearings as a representative of Dunryd Row if she's dead. Even if you can speak to her in ghost form, she probably still has to sign documents and what-not. I don't see a reason why you couldn't forcefully barge in the hearings without support from anyone, though. Both she and the duc don't have any actual influence in the story that we are participating in, as we don't really care about the outcome of the animancy hearings, so his death is a footnote at best in that context.

EDIT: Maybe you can't kill her because her ghost reveals to you that Thaos is heading to Twin Elms, but she didn't have that information before the hearings. It's still a very cheap way to do it, but at least she uses her established history with Thaos to learn information nobody else can. That's good, so yeah, I'll let this one slide even if it's a bit cheap. The bad thing is that you are constantly being spoon-fed information by other people and being led by the nose, so this doesn't jump out as something a bit different if you don't think about it.

Last edited:

sstacks

Arcane
Some day I shall write the tale of how Infinitron hired me in 2015 to shill for obsidian on the codex. Gotta shed some light on this pillars of eternity business, you have no idea how deep it goes.
Had you never noticed the number of posters who registered back around 2015 and who suspiciously don't want to shit on obsidian, who yet deserve to be shat on - I mean they dared to make a painfully generic game to use roxor's words. If that's not a perfect justification for damnatio memoriae, I don't know what is.

Just above

1484547748653s.jpg

He hired ME to dare say SCL is an ok game for what it is with managed expectations.

COLLUSION!

:russiastronk::mrpresident:

Ulfhednar

Savant

Senior Junior Rule Set Lexicographer

Obsidian is looking for an experienced, talented, senior junior rule set lexicographer to join us in creating our next Pillars of Eternity RPG.

This lexicographer will work directly with Josh Sawyer to document and maintain a high-quality in-game lexicon of all known rules of Pillars of Eternity, and express them in both mathematical and verbal formulations. Responsibilities include documenting Josh's ideas, putting those ideas into the in-game lexicon, and collaborating with and mentoring other junior lexicographers (if there are any... which there aren't.). The ideal candidate has prior experience of some kind - honestly, though, we're not sure what other experience would prepare you for this one.

Requirements
- An avid gamer with a passion for chronicling rule sets
- Familiarity with common algebraic expressions
- Excellent problem-solving skills (no... really... you will have to solve seventh grade math problems... like, a lot of them)
- Deep knowledge of all versions of Dungeons and Dragons (but not too deep, lest you summon the Cowled Wizards of Copyright)
- Proficiency with scribbling on post-it notes while running down hall ways during moments of "Eureka!"
- "Balance in all things"

Pluses
- Be able to answer a shit ton of banal questions from confused fans on twitter, tumblr and other social media
- Understand how ability effects get suppressed in the PoE rule set

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
This thread is still going fabulously. I see that the shills managed to change the focus from bad writing to their shilling souls and the money the make in Sibir. A lot of jew tactics here. At least we are not talking about how bad PoE2 story will be. A skyscraper statues decides to go on a stroll......
tumblr_ofbg3nKz4Y1rod7i7o1_400.gif

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Are the top ones really the original ones from Obsidian?
They look pathetic compared to those at the bottom, but even more than that it looks like whoever did them has no idea how to draw 3/4 portraits. The elf and the hooded chick are deformed.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Also in a game where your character is defined by their ability to communicate with ghosts why is it Game Over if Lady Webb dies? Especially since she dies anyway! Eh, more first-draft material I guess.
Because the only reason you were able to track Thaos is because Lady Webb read his mind shortly before dying. If she died eariler Thaos would never visit her and you wouldn't know where he's going.

2house2fly

Magister
Because the only reason you were able to track Thaos is because Lady Webb read his mind shortly before dying. If she died eariler Thaos would never visit her and you wouldn't know where he's going.
That's definitely something another draft could have smoothed out. Maybe you could read the soul of the guy Thaos possessed to kill the duc or something. Another draft would probably have also lessened the urgency of act 3 or made Twin Elms accessible before act 3

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Extra, extra, read all about it: editor of CRPG website likes CRPGs.

Who could’ve imagined such an atrocity? Clearly the international Jewish conspiracy is the only reasonable explanation.

Are you having fun slurping the few leftover drops of JES's cum dribbling down the jew's and the cunt 's overflowing mouths?

You retarded faggot, the jew and the cunt are atleast earning some shekels on the side for thir degenerate soulless moral bankruptcy.

While their motivation for the cocksucking is despicable, it is understandable.

And you are doing that out of free, retard. Like a typical German Zombie Robot.

LARPING from parents basement on the internet it's a helluva drug

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
Extra, extra, read all about it: editor of CRPG website likes CRPGs.

Who could’ve imagined such an atrocity? Clearly the international Jewish conspiracy is the only reasonable explanation.

Are you having fun slurping the few leftover drops of JES's cum dribbling down the jew's and the cunt 's overflowing mouths?

You retarded faggot, the jew and the cunt are atleast earning some shekels on the side for thir degenerate soulless moral bankruptcy.

While their motivation for the cocksucking is despicable, it is understandable.

And you are doing that out of free, retard. Like a typical German Zombie Robot.

LARPING from parents basement on the internet it's a helluva drug

it's skankhunt42

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom