Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

2house2fly

Magister
Everything your companions talk about every single word in F: NV is something you either visit or fight or talk with.

For example: Arcade Gannon's father, Boone's wife, Lily's grandchildren.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
yeah dont forget rauls backstory either as ammo for your weak ass non-argument

Sentinel

Arcane
It's not a dick move. He reviewed the game, he should have taken enough care to think about the game's issues and form an opinion and then express it.

The fact that some months after he's saying the opposite of what he wrote in his review just means that he either didn't care about writing a review, or he wasn't honest when he wrote it.

At least Darth Roxor is consistent.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
As for plot holes, I don't think this is anyone's real problem with anything, ever. People forgive plot holes when they otherwise like the narrative/tone (ELEX) and they become vitriolic about plot holes when they otherwise dislike the narrative/tone. I suspect PoE's tone was too serious--not goofy enough--so it ends up being held to a much higher standard. I think, as a whole, with the expansions, it's better than mediocre, but I'd never argue with anyone calling it mediocre. Calling it horrible is kind of absurd, though.

Millions of people forgave Rowling Hermione's time travelling device which was only used to attend more lectures at once or the illogical Horcruxes (why not make them random grains of sand) and still liked the whole Harry Potter saga. I always wonder how many Codexians are among those.
Really liked the Potter saga,even fought story duels in a HP forum when i was teen.:lol:

2house2fly

Magister
It's not a dick move. He reviewed the game, he should have taken enough care to think about the game's issues and form an opinion and then express it.

The fact that some months after he's saying the opposite of what he wrote in his review just means that he either didn't care about writing a review, or he wasn't honest when he wrote it.

Its some years later

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
It's as stupid to pretend someone shouldn't follow a thread or talk about a game he dislikes as it is to shut down someone on a subject because he said something retarded about it 3 years ago.

BilboBaggins

Educated
2nbxgcg.jpg

Last edited:

sstacks

Arcane
You know FeelTheRads, in case you haven't noticed, you're posting on a particularly autistic RPG forum. Design ambition "for its own sake" does in fact have some value here. We're not the kind of people who leave shit alone. We're the kind of people who nitpick, and theorize, and tinker, and build castles in the sky, and post walls of text about it. Why on earth else would you post here? I mean besides getting EdgelordNewfag1488's opinion on female game developers' latest choice of hair color.

If I'm not mistaken, you're not a fan of Age of Decadence either, so at least you're consistent on not being interested in unusual and ambition design.

Holy smokes that was some catty action out of Infinitron baby.

Rawr, baby.

:bounce:

sstacks

Arcane
Oh my gertz I just took a closer look at this bouncing lunatic of an emoji:

:bounce:

I, uh, won't be using it a lot in the future I'm thinking... :P

because he said something retarded about it 3 years ago.

Let me remind you that "retarded" opinion replaced Darth Roxor 's honest and brutal review on the steam curator link.

Such a review was hurting the shekel income from the hypetards at steam; hence re-do the honest opinion with white washed ministry of truth version which most would admit sounds retarded now.

So shekels were exchanged and cocks were sucked. Just your typical cheap game jurno whoring by Prime Junta and Infinitron

Sensuki you have my respect for exposing the jew and the cunt's agenda to keep Obsidian as their sugar daddy.

Being the sellout whore that Prime Cunta is; he should admit just that and not pollute us with his lame sellout strawmans.

I am sure Infinitron is sniffing around to censor and/or ridicule me for some flimsy excuse. Fucking Zionists who control the media are all the same.

Last edited:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
because he said something retarded about it 3 years ago.

Let me remind you that "retarded" opinion replaced Darth Roxor 's honest and brutal review on the steam curator link.

Such a review was hurting the shekel income from the hypetards at steam; hence re-do the honest opinion with white washed ministry of truth version which most woukd admit sounds retarded now.

So shekels were exchanged and cocks were sucked. Just your typical cheap game jurno whoring by Prime Junta and Infinitron

Sensuki you have my respect for exposing the jew and the cunt's agenda to keep Obsidian as their sugar daddy.

Being the sellout whore that Prime Cunta is; he should admit just that and not pollute us with his lame sellout strawmans.

I am sure Infinitron is sniffing around to censor and/or ridicule me for some flimsy excuse. Fucking Zionists who control the media are all the same.

Extra, extra, read all about it: editor of CRPG website likes CRPGs.

Who could’ve imagined such an atrocity? Clearly the international Jewish conspiracy is the only reasonable explanation.

Prime Junta

That was not a quote from the review. It was from a post I wrote in the first blush of infatuation with the game.

I also just might have been a tiny bit hyperbolic in it. I hear people do that sometimes in these parts.

But eh, Sensuki will Sensuki. Still not over that cuck tag, and loss of the Prestigious Gentleman perk I guess.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's as stupid to pretend someone shouldn't follow a thread or talk about a game he dislikes as it is to shut down someone on a subject because he said something retarded about it 3 years ago.
No one is shut down. That's moronic. Prime Hunta made a fool of himself enough times already, doesn't seem he cares about it, he keeps on insisting on his stupidities.

Ruzen

Savant
I don't think this thread will hold for another month. It's like a crpg prison here, any disturb ignites discord. See what you did Obsidian? :argh:

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Some day I shall write the tale of how Infinitron hired me in 2015 to shill for obsidian on the codex. Gotta shed some light on this pillars of eternity business, you have no idea how deep it goes.
Had you never noticed the number of posters who registered back around 2015 and who suspiciously don't want to shit on obsidian, who yet deserve to be shat on - I mean they dared to make a painfully generic game to use roxor's words. If that's not a perfect justification for damnatio memoriae, I don't know what is.

Just above

1484547748653s.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom