Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Eh at least i am fairly optimistic that geofront team will finish zero this year.

From that playable section with Lloyd it is gonna be pretty hype. I kept a save when it started too so i can replay it jist to get the references

Naesaki

Novice
Keeping a save at point does sound like a pretty good idea, though replaying CS II again when CS3 is hopefully coming closer to release wouldn't be a bad thing to do either.

Since there are some nice incentives for doing a new game plus playthrough of CS II
To collect all of the black records on new game plus and having Thomas decode them which unlocks a hidden event before the final battle and also fighting that last optional boss that only shows up in ng+ to.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I have yet to do a NG+ run of CS2 (didn't even do it on the PS3), but I have a NG+ to do of CS1 on PC first (gotta git dem chievos).

Oh and I've heard that CS3 has no import function (damn consoles), so it's unlikely that a hypothetical PC version of CS3 would have it, even tho it should be theoretically possible. :negative:

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I downloaded a save and did a NG+ run for my first playthrough, seemed like the only intelligent option.

Last edited:

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yes. I basically just copied import data into my save folder, imported a save, turned off importing levels/items and went at it.

jungl

Augur
honestly don't know why jrpgs do new game+ bullshit anymore. In the past they had a reason because a competitive scene and they wanted to give the player the most bang for their buck in hoping in return your consumer loyality but now its annoying how it become somewhat traditional. Have not beaten CS2 yet there better be videos out there for these new game+ scenes. I dont see why they think anyone wants to sit through the most predictable writing in the universe and combat system. Like the writing in this game is WWE levels predictable, I'm spamming A through every scene briefly looking at the words that appear and still know what everyone says lol. Laura nearly one shotting bosses on hard with her ult.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Ended up discovering that the "Mad Weed" enemy located in North Kruezen Highway 2 (by Bareahard) is an excellent enemy to grind against for the 100 cancelled arts chievo called "shutdown phenomenon". :troll:

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I finally managed to grab the most coveted cheivo in CS2 and now it proudly sits in my chievo showcase next to the most coveted chievo of the previous game.

90d5733872.jpg

It most certainly was worth the wait. :love:

Naesaki

Novice
I need to get back to finishing my playthrough of the PC ver, been so distracted these past two weeks just had not had the time T___T

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bros, can you explain how orbments work?

I just put the most powerful ones I find randomly. Are there any combinations how to put them in a more useful ways?

Naesaki

Novice
I'm gonna assume its the Sky arc since that directly involves making the right combinations to get all your spell access, the in game orbment guide is pretty much best way to find it all out as it tells you what combinations allow which spells anyway.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Do you mean in Trails in the Sky or Trails of Cold Steel?
TiTS

Well, quartz have three functions.

1) They boost your stats. For example, Defense quartz increases your defense like the description says. Pretty obvious.

2) They give you unique effects. For example, Information lets you see enemy stats, Haze makes enemies on the field ignore you etc. Again, pretty obvious.

3) They have elemental values, which is where you get your spells. All quartz have their elemental values listed at the bottom, and the elemental values of all the quartz on the same line are added together. See, the Line1 and Line2 on the top right? Those show you the total elemental value on that line. This naturally means that the longer the lines, the better. All characters have the same number of quartz slots but casters have them divided into longer lines, so they get higher elemental value totals which means more spells. Bracer Notebook lists all the spells in the game and shows you what elemental values are required to get the spell.

However, these lines and elemental values have no effect on stats (except max EP), so if you have a pure fighter who doesn't care about spells, elemental values and quartz line lengths don't matter to them.

ss_cb1fc0a9161b907484325e17545dc4bbe39cf12f.1920x1080.jpg

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I'm gonna assume its the Sky arc since that directly involves making the right combinations to get all your spell access, the in game orbment guide is pretty much best way to find it all out as it tells you what combinations allow which spells anyway.
Yeah, the Bracer Notebook in the items section has a section in it that tells you what are the quartz requirements to have certain spells.

8252bb84df.jpg

I recommend getting White Gehenna for Josh as soon as you can (which can be as early as Bose section of the game iirc) as it's quite a potent spell.

My A-Team in Tits FC and SC were Estelle (Jack of all trades), Josh (Melee + space magic), Kloe (medic + water mage) and Olivier (Combat Mage).

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Ryav0QT.jpg
:backawayslowly:

..wait, I can keep her?? for realz? I understand the jrpg agenda of regular mobs = trash but... even previous game wasn't THAT unbalanced for a regular playthrough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom