Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News No Truce With The Furies is now Disco Elysium, a detective RPG

Ruzen

Savant
Both titles look interesting but only the old one makes you curious.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Disco Furries -- there, I came up with a better title and it took me 2 sec.

it's funny that they've chosen first bad and then even a worse title, and if you consider that in addition the narrator really sucks ass. It's almost as if the have chosen a deliberate approach to market the game so that only the most devout followers will try it, as the game itself seems quite interesting.

EDIT: I urge you not to google 'disco furries'. Just don't do it man.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Kasparov , A well-meaning codexer here. Let me give you a crash course in name generation, an art developed and honed to perfection by the greatest Mecca of entertainment until it became the Raqqa of entertainment - of course I'm talking about Hollywood.

You don't name your thing Disco Elysium. You name it Disco of Elysium. That signifies to the consumer that your product is full of something - in your case, of Elysium - and he already subconsciously wants to buy your container simply because it's a container full of something. That's how he has been conditioned. And he certainly doesn't care what it's full of. Something full of Elysium is almost like a container full of Matt Damon, and this is considered a good thing in the West.

A secondary option, yet equally, if not more effective would be if instead of an of, you add a colon. I don't mean as box art (though this will work as well!) but between the two words - Disco: Elysium. A number of succesful "RPG games" have already done this, and it has brought in sales totally incompatible with their quality as games. Imagine what it would do for you.

Consider this now, and thank me later.

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane
Italo Disco would fit pretty well with a neo-noir game actually in a Miami Vice kind of way.

I dig it actually.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Kasparov , A well-meaning codexer here. Let me give you a crash course in name generation, an art developed and honed to perfection by the greatest Mecca of entertainment until it became the Raqqa of entertainment - of course I'm talking about Hollywood.

You don't name your thing Disco Elysium. You name it Disco of Elysium. That signifies to the consumer that your product is full of something - in your case, of Elysium - and he already subconsciously wants to buy your container simply because it's a container full of something. That's how he has been conditioned. And he certainly doesn't care what it's full of. Something full of Elysium is almost like a container full of Matt Damon, and this is considered a good thing in the West.

A secondary option, yet equally, if not more effective would be if instead of an of, you add a colon. I don't mean as box art (though this will work as well!) but between the two words - Disco: Elysium. A number of succesful "RPG games" have already done this, and it has brought in sales totally incompatible with their quality as games. Imagine what it would do for you.

You are so right! How could we forget about Call of Duty: Infinity Warfare, Planescape: Torment and Kentucky: Route of Zero - our principal influences.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Disco's of the Elysium: The Reckoning

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You are so right! How could we forget about Call of Duty: Infinity Warfare, Planescape: Torment and Kentucky: Route of Zero - our principal influences.
There are more glaring examples of RPG game success: look at all the Assassin's Creed series of games - colons everywhere. Look at the RPG Codex GOTY2017!!

No: Truce of Furries
No: Truce of the Fruities

Last edited:

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
There are more glaring examples of RPG game success: look at all the Assassin's Creed series of games - colons everywhere. Look at the RPG Codex GOTY2017!!
Codex is just very much into colons. Period.

AwesomeButton

Patron

Codex is just very much into colons. Period.
With the AssCreed series' Ubisoft's strategy was to start the AssCreed with lots of colons and then when people got accustomed to them, hit them with originality and go colonless for a few games.

Kitchen Utensil

No: Truce of Furries

still better than disco elysium
You know what´s better than Disco Elysium?

Anything. Everything. I hope you guys at least gave your resident literary genius shit about the new title before giving in.

Kasparov , just curious. How'd your team come up with the title?

They probably asked for suggestions and started a poll on reddit or something like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom