Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
that's probably the worst "remaster" i've ever seen. it looks pretty much exactly the same as the original with DSfix enabled and a couple of texture packs. definitely not giving them any money. this is some serious :decline:

not sure about the IQ number........

you are aware you are watching the switch remaster which is done by a different company specialy for the switch then the pc/ps4/xbone remaster, right...?

Beggar

Cipher
that's probably the worst "remaster" i've ever seen. it looks pretty much exactly the same as the original with DSfix enabled and a couple of texture packs. definitely not giving them any money. this is some serious :decline:
What are you talking about? What money? Torrent, start the game, beat the game, go to the real conclusion. Buy... yeah, right

Beggar

Cipher
What are you talking about? What money? Torrent, start the game, beat the game, go to the real conclusion. Buy... yeah, right
I'm retarted? You are retard for buying and supporting this kind of shit. Total idiot

DemonKing

Arcane

th

:salute:

RoSoDude

Arcane
As autistic as that was, I must say I did feel some genuine excitement for the guy. I was really worried this was posted here as a highlight of him failing his no-hit run, and as such I was really concerned he was going to get hit by the Black Knight in the fog door, or mess up vs Gwyn. Thus, I felt a tiny morsel of his relief myself when he did it. Good for him.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
As autistic as that was, I must say I did feel some genuine excitement for the guy. I was really worried this was posted here as a highlight of him failing his no-hit run, and as such I was really concerned he was going to get hit by the Black Knight in the fog door, or mess up vs Gwyn. Thus, I felt a tiny morsel of his relief myself when he did it. Good for him.

He actually failed the previous run, SoC killed him with the lightning barrage. There's the clip in the linked article.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Changelist for the remaster, via IGN: http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04...-between-dark-souls-and-dark-souls-remastered

Graphics
  • Dark Souls Remastered will have a 4K resolution with a compatible TV/monitor at 60fps on the Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and PC. It will display upscaled 4K resolution on PS4 Pro and Xbox One, while the PC version will be native 4K.
  • PS4 and Xbox One – 1080p resolution at 60fps.
  • On the Switch, it will have a 1080p resolution at 30fps when docked to TV, and 720p resolution at 30fps when in handheld mode.
Online Multiplayer
  • The maximum number of players online has increased from 4 to 6.
  • The Dried Finger item will be needed to play with 6 players.
  • The Dried Finger has been moved from the Painted World of Ariamis level to the Undead Burg merchant to be obtainable earlier in the game. The Dried Finger location in the Painted World has been replaced with a Twin Humanities item.
  • Password Matchmaking is now available, similar to Dark Souls 3. When a player is summoned in Password Matchmaking the player level will be synced.
  • It's now easier for friends to be matched with each other. When the guest player’s character level and weapon is higher than that of the host player, the level will be adjusted accordingly.
  • Healing items will not be available during PvP with the exception of Estus Flasks. To prevent long and drawn out battles, the number of Estus Flasks is halved for phantoms.
  • When a player defeats an invading phantom, their Estus Flask is restored.
  • Players can turn on/off global matchmaking
  • Players can now prevent matched Red Phantoms from seeing their “White Sign Soapstone” sign
  • Players can no longer summon ally phantoms consecutively when in combat with enemy phantoms.
  • In online play, players who are outside of the host’s parameter range will not be matched with each other (the players can still be matched via Password Matching).
Arena
  • 3v3 and 6-player deathmatch have been added.
  • Arena battles can also use Password Matching.
  • Respawn points will be random.
Everything Else
  • Players can select the number of usable items, such as consumable souls or covenant items, to use instead of one at a time as in the original game.
  • The number of languages has been increased to the number found in Dark Souls 3.
  • A Bonfire has been added next to Vamos the Blacksmith.
  • Covenants can be switched at Bonfires.
  • Button configuration is available.
  • Items will not automatically be registered into an item slot when picked up.
  • When the up or down directional pad button is held down, the first item equipped will be selected.
  • The online network has been changed from P2P to dedicated servers.

PC gameplay:

They made it Bright Souls, I see.

Arnust

Savant
Whoa. No wonder PC players aren't getting it for free, they already have it, it's called DSFix and maybe the higher res font. Pretty funny to see all the Souls youtubers shilling the fuck out of it for the Twitch dollas of shitty multiplayer.

They made it Bright Souls, I see.
Lighting pretty much sucked for the most part so no wonder.

Nothing like shelling out 40$ for a 6 years late patch that will split and quickly kill the pc userbase

I blame all the people who bought SOTFS.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Fucking called it. They did nothing with the game.

I hope people burn them alive for this scam because if this goes unpunished we are fucked.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
What? This is the remastered version? The fuck!?

The PC version with some HD texture packs and a sweetfx looks a lot better. This is the laziest cash-grab I've seen (even worse than the Skyrim one). At least SotFS added new content for fuck's sake.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Also covenants can be switched at the bonfire.

It could only be a bigger decline if they released a mobile app too where you can level up, switch covenants and buy more consumables for just 9,99.

Vorark

Erudite

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Being easily able to do a co-op run in the original DS would be neat, since we've done the other two, but for full price? Fuck right off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom