Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming and future role playing games

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
For the King Release Date: TBA (Available on Steam EA, Humble Store)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fortheking/for-the-king-0/posts/2125299
Greetings! We're extremely excited to announce our partnership with Curve Digital today. Curve has published many great games including Flame in the Flood, Human Fall Flat, Dear Esther, and the recent Bomber Crew. They'll be helping us with the official launch of For The King on PC in early April and with the console versions coming in early 2019.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's almost like they hired a professional with the task to come up with the most generic title and teaser text possible.

Although they missed out on a great opportunity to name their game "Dark Quest 2: The Reckoning" or sth.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Guards of the Gate Release Date: TBA (Available on Steam EA) added to Turn-based.

Circle Of Life Release Date: 30 April added to Asian.

Void Monsters: Spring City Tales has released, added to Turn-based.
Main characters' mom and pops are murdered. This is sad, indeed, but what broke my heart is that their goats were slaughtered.
tumblr_mtatdyFKy01s0mbfho1_400.gif

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Abu Antar can you update your OP with Codex consensus next to each title?

for example, as per Elex threads, codex consensus would be "Play", or "Play if you like Eurojank" or whatever. Meanwhile, as per codex Final Fantasy 15 threads, codex consensus would be "Stay away at all costs".

It's asking a lot but it would be massive incline for this thread, and we can see how the year is progressing for RPGs as the codex perceives it. Plus I'd base my purchasing off of it, as codex is more reliable for review and recommendation than other sources.

Estimating the consensus from each thread isn't a one man job, so people can help out there too.

Brood_Star

Novice
Abu Antar can you update your OP with Codex consensus next to each title?

for example, as per Elex threads, codex consensus would be "Play", or "Play if you like Eurojank" or whatever. Meanwhile, as per codex Final Fantasy 15 threads, codex consensus would be "Stay away at all costs".

It's asking a lot but it would be massive incline for this thread, and we can see how the year is progressing for RPGs as the codex perceives it. Plus I'd base my purchasing off of it, as codex is more reliable for review and recommendation than other sources.

Estimating the consensus from each thread isn't a one man job, so people can help out there too.
You could easily solve this by putting a rating poll in each thread instead of having one man comb through millions of posts to determine his, necessarily, subjective version of consensus and then having another disagreeable fellow come in to call him an autist because he doesn't agree. But that seems needlessly sensible.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
http://www.thecouncil-game.com/

The Council delivers a fresh new take on the Narrative Adventure, where your choices and character growth truly matter. Make hard-hitting decisions, develop an array of skills and directly impact how the story unfolds. With permanent, long-lasting consequences, there is no going back.

Plunge into a tale of intrigue and manipulation in the style of a classic murder mystery, living with a cast of alluring characters each hiding their own dark secrets. Trust no one while uncovering dire truths – no matter the cost to mind and body.

THE COUNCIL’s first episode, THE MAD ONES, arrives on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC in 13 March, 2018. The Complete Season will include a total of five episodes

Bocian

Arcane

Here's the trailer. The voice acting seems mediocre, also not a fan of the telltale-style episodes, but overall it seems interesting. I'll be truly surprised though if the choices actually matter in this game.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
There's a game made with RPG Maker with party creation coming to Steam soon :

There's some freedom regarding leveling-up, although it seems it only consists in upgrading one of the 5 stats.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Faith of Danschant Release Date: Released in some Asia territories. Western release is not spoken of.

The name has changed to God Dance Fantasy for the western release, which is March 22 2018.

Hellpoint Release Date: Coming Soon, has been added to Third person action.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom