Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Factorio - a factory building game

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
You're retarded because absolutely every single post you've made in this thread for months on end has either been your Nth passive-aggressive repetition of the same old complaint that Factorio doesn't have a big boss and explosions at the end, or else the complaint has been tacked onto a comment that was really just a vehicle for delivering the complaint.

You're pissing into the wind. You roost on this thread like a grumpy vulture, screeching eternally, but it's all in vain. You're not putting anyone off the game, and your "feedback" is impotent. The game's ratings are off the charts, it's sold well over a million copies between GOG and Steam, and it's generally an excellent free-form engineering puzzle game offering hundreds of hours of enjoyment to people who aren't idiotically obsessed with whatever grand denouement you envision. It really is about the journey, and not about the destination. That's a concept that people like you are totally incapable of understanding, in much the same way that many people don't understand why mountaineers want to climb a mountain just because it's there.

You're the type of guy who'd only summit a mountain if there were someone waiting up there to give you a banana sticker and a trophy.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
You're retarded because absolutely every single post you've made in this thread for months on end has either been your Nth passive-aggressive repetition of the same old complaint that Factorio doesn't have a big boss and explosions at the end, or else the complaint has been tacked onto a comment that was really just a vehicle for delivering the complaint.
How is telling someone that you can fly a gunship complaining? And where did anyone ever say anything about a big boss or explosions? And how is you whining at me any different than what you are accusing me of? And how is my """"feedback"""" any more """""impotent""""" than your """""feedback"""""?

Face it, you are a butthurt fanboy cunt who makes shit arguments while trying to defend an overhyped game. Still.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
How is telling someone that you can fly a gunship complaining?

Are you retarded?

Not anymore. You can fly high and not bump into anything. There are even planes that work well too. The problem for me is that there is no purpose to any of it. So you can fly around and destroy every enemy base on the map and come back to your base like a champion but then what?

The answer is yes. Yes, you're retarded.

And how is you whining at me any different than what you are accusing me of? And how is my """"feedback"""" any more """""impotent""""" than your """""feedback"""""?

You demanded an explanation for my post ratings, so I did you the courtesy of responding. I can ignore you in the future if that's more to your liking.

The difference is that I visit this thread to discuss the game, whereas you visit this thread to whine about the exact same thing over and over again. As I correctly pointed out, when you do "discuss" the game, it's only an excuse to air the same complaint you've been airing for months.

A normal person would lodge a particular complaint once or twice and move on with his life, but you just keep on, all alone, anvi trying his best to convince people that the game sucks because it doesn't cater to his highly specific personal preference. I might be butthurt if I thought you'd put even one Codexer off the game with your pathetic campaign, but I really doubt you have. :lol:

Last edited:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
How is telling someone that you can fly a gunship complaining?

Are you retarded?

Not anymore. You can fly high and not bump into anything. There are even planes that work well too. The problem for me is that there is no purpose to any of it. So you can fly around and destroy every enemy base on the map and come back to your base like a champion but then what?

The answer is yes. Yes, you're retarded.
Nope that was a different post. There were at least 2 about the chopper. Maybe you would be able to read better if you wiped all those tears from your eyes.

And how is you whining at me any different than what you are accusing me of? And how is my """"feedback"""" any more """""impotent""""" than your """""feedback"""""?

You demanded an explanation for my post ratings, so I did you the courtesy of responding. I can ignore you in the future if that's more to your liking.

The difference is that I visit this thread to discuss the game, whereas you visit this thread to whine about the exact same thing over and over again.
Cuz it never gets fixed. I also love how it enrages you so much.

anvi trying his best to convince people that the game sucks because it doesn't cater to his highly specific personal preference.
I don't need to convince anyone, the sheep have already herded, there is nothing I can do to change that. And it isn't a highly specific personal preference, it is a very basic need that every decent game already understands and lots of other people want it too. This game just failed miserably at it and can only get away with it because of plebs like you. You are the reason Minecraft turned one fat halfwit into a billionaire.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Boy at the beach as a kid? Wtf? You millennials supposed to say, "Gee you must be a lot of fun at parties!" Don't try to get creative.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So...I've been curious about this game for a while, the sheer autism is right up my alley but steam says it's still on EA. When is it getting a proper release?

tripedal

Savant
They haven't really added anything significant in years, and I don't think they're planning to in the future either, only small incremental improvements/features. Just play it.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It's like Rimworld. It's been good enough to be called a final release for a long time, but they're still adding on to it.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Yep updates tend to be bug fixing or ease of use the game is finished what you get now is what you'll get in a year.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I guess if they made Factorio I shouldn't be surprised that they care so much about optimizing their code.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I guess if they made Factorio I shouldn't be surprised that they care so much about optimizing their code.
And thankfully they made enough money to do so.
Many would love to optimize and overhaul their code, but usually, it just wouldn't justify the resource cost.

Those guys get to do it and that makes me a little envious :lol:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Yep updates tend to be bug fixing or ease of use the game is finished what you get now is what you'll get in a year.
Most likely, there will be some QoL improvements (such as working interactive tutorials for most parts of the game), higher resolution graphics and some small gameplay changes.

But the game is mostly complete, not a lot of point in waiting if you don't mind figuring stuff out on your own.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Holy shit, more than a million copies sold? What about that good old meme all harbingers of decline parrot, what was it...ah! "Complex games don't sell!!!". Lel.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Holy shit, more than a million copies sold? What about that good old meme all harbingers of decline parrot, what was it...ah! "Complex games don't sell!!!". Lel.

Generally speaking, this refers to games that require you to read a 60- to 100-page instruction manual at least twice, and then play through the game several times to get a handle on all of the newbie traps, useless skills or abilities, and various quirks and oddities, until which time you'll be utterly annihilated and/or made to feel completely helpless and stupid.

This is an accurate description of many great games, but you aren't going to make big money from them anymore. Factorio is certainly complex, but is freeform and allows players to proceed at their own pace. More importantly, you learn mainly by doing, moving through layers of complexity a bit at a time. You start chopping trees and mining stone by hand, and end up with nearly incomprehensible multiplexes of fully automated input/output systems.

This thing about tutorials is rather silly. Can't see why anyone would need them.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This thing about tutorials is rather silly. Can't see why anyone would need them.
To be honest, with just the ingame stuff available a few releases ago, setting up a train system without reading an online guide was fairly tricky, and if you did anything wrong (and you probably would if you made anything more complicated than a single track line/curve) you'd just get the unhelpful "unable to find path".

Everything else, except maybe circuit system (but it's entirely optional), is fun and manageable to learn by just doing though.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Definitely, about a year ago or so, I wasn't able to figure trains out on my own. Had to read some guide to get started.

Then again, I don't think that's a bad thing.
I'd say Factorio is already one of the games with the highest density of in-game explanations, clear descriptions, etc.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Yeah, I went to the Wiki to figure out train signals, too. That was pre-streamlining. I didn't have too many issues with the train signal system once I accepted that trying to cross the streams or minimize track too much simply wasn't workable in any universe remotely modeled after physical reality—and even when it is technically possible, you're usually better off just building an additional track or whatever.

Reposting my reactor array because I'm so damned proud of myself. :smug:

We only used it for about thirty minutes before retiring from that game. Truly, a sad day.

16b3a826ba.png

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Disgusting. Lacks any spaghetti charm. If it doesn't look like WH40K Goblin tech, you did something wrong.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom