Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II delayed to May 8th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

For the last month or so, pretty much all we've seen of Pillars of Eternity II is beta previews, ship system previews, and the occasional inscrutable secret code tweet. At this point in the first game's development, we had seen multiple livestreams of non-beta content at a number of major industry events. The other day Josh Sawyer assured me that everything was fine, but still it seemed quite unusual for a game less than a month away from release. Which is why perhaps we shouldn't have been surprised when Obsidian announced today that Pillars II's release was being postponed by five weeks. It's now coming out on May 8th.

Greetings fans!

We know you're as excited as we are about the upcoming launch of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. As you have probably guessed, Deadfire is a huge game -- significantly larger than the original Pillars of Eternity. Obsidian has been working harder than Abydon himself to make sure every inch of it is awesome, as well as incorporating all the great feedback we have been getting from everyone playing the Backer Beta.

With this in mind, we are taking just a few extra weeks to polish and put those finishing touches on the game.

Our new launch date will be Tuesday, May 8, 2018. To tide you over until then, you can look forward to plenty of Deadfire-related news and content coming in the weeks and months.

See you all soon in the Deadfire!

Obsidian
According to Josh, the reason for the delay is "bugs". It should also give Obsidian time to do another beta update to test out Josh's latest wacky ideas, something that was looking increasingly unlikely with the original release date, although there's no official word on that yet.

The Balance Autist said:
we are taking just a few extra weeks to polish and put those finishing touches on the game.
Translation:
At the idea of some multi-classes being too fun to play; I Joshua Eric Sawyer, the Lord of Autism, SJW cucks and Balance and the eternal enemy of fun loving grognards have to ensure that they are neutered into bland-sameyness.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Josh noticed that the expected entertainment value of three build variations were above the norm in his spreadsheet so he needed time for eradication.

Ocelot570

Educated
It definitely is strange that there is little to no information on other parts of the game. Also, the idea that the beginning of the game shouldn't be spoiled seems like they are tooting their horn a little to much on their "immersive" and "reactionary" story

Diggfinger

Arcane
Maybe this will become 2018's Game of The Year...only to receive a subsequent #!%&!*:shitandpiss: review.

No, wait. This is The Codex!!! Such lunacy could never materialize on this site...:hahano::cool:
:whiteknight:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Maybe this will become 2018's Game of The Year...only to receive a subsequent #!%&!* review.
It might very well happen. People who didn't like the first might just skip the second, and so the ones voting for it will have self-selected, and be composed mostly of people who expect to like Deadfire and like that sort of Bladder's Gate game.

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
Maybe they have received a solid number of pre-orders and now take they time to polish the game or adding features that were cut in originally planned release?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Maybe this will become 2018's Game of The Year...only to receive a subsequent #!%&!*:shitandpiss: review.

No, wait. This is The Codex!!! Such lunacy could never materialize on this site...:hahano::cool:
:whiteknight:
With Kingmaker coming out this year and Kingdom Come already released, it has a very tiny chance of that happening.

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
This is not a good sign. Well, maybe I'll finish D:OS 2 by then.

They already had run Schiffer's "blame the puppet" trick. The video was here, few threads ago.

Still, Obsidian is a proved company. And first PoE, though lacking in some aspects, is realy nicely done game. They're not amateurs. So will see.

Suicidal

Arcane
Even though I liked PoE1, for some reason I'm looking forward to the inevitable drama and Darth Roxor's review (followed by more drama) more than to playing the game myself.

Ninjerk

Arcane
of course he will

feeling hyped as hell already
giphy.gif

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Maybe this will become 2018's Game of The Year...only to receive a subsequent #!%&!* review.
It might very well happen. People who didn't like the first might just skip the second, and so the ones voting for it will have self-selected, and be composed mostly of people who expect to like Deadfire and like that sort of Bladder's Gate game.
POE is to Baldur's gate is what candy corn is to vegetables. FFS don't drag decent games into this discussion.

Why? PoE 1 was a fun game.
Not great, but certainly fun - if you liked any of the IE games.

I am not sure what your primitive brain found to be fun? But you know some people can speak with hamsters and might even find their thoughts entertaining.
Using same spell opener on the same mobs of enemies, while gaining level and increasing dmg. by 1%. All fun things were removed including MCA writing before being replaced with cum stains with % and vailian-tribal gibberish. The only people who actually had a chance to like it are those who like 15th century cosplaying.

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why? PoE 1 was a fun game.
Not great, but certainly fun - if you liked any of the IE games.

I am not sure what your primitive brain found to be fun? But you know some people can speak with hamsters and might eve find their thoughts entertaining.
Using same spell opener on the same mobs of enemies, while gaining level and increasing dmg. by 1%. All fun things were removed including MCA writing before being replaced with cum stains with % and vailian-tribal gibberish. The only people who actually had a chance to like it are those who like 15th century cosplaying.
Quite simple.
PoE was not a game to be enjoyed for its systems. As you said, always the same combat tactics, no meaningful choices in any level-up as everything just boils down to +-5% here and there.
Everything just ends up being a huge mess with a dozen %-based effects at the same time becoming little more than background noise.

I played through the game twice for the graphics, audio and story - and to try out a completely different character on the second try.
While combat was at least entertaining enough - not every game has to be super deep and complex.
Sometimes, you're just looking for something to relax with. And I found PoE to be the very definition of "good for what it is" (after all, the combat certainly LOOKS good), so I'd expect part 2 to be an overall improvement.

Maybe there will even be some meaningful build choices? Well, probably not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom