Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
What is with the Nest of Vipers main quest? I can sneak into the camp undetected no problem, but as soon as I slip poison into a cookpot, some guard from all the way across the camp makes a bee line right for me and attacks. WTF. Shitty design there.

Yeah, I didn't manage to poison the food unnoticed, so I just decided to run after I poisoned the first pot, burning arrows and dropping poison along the way. The objectives to sabotage the camp where first marked as completed, but when I started the assault I got subsequent messages that I failed the sabotage objectives.
On the other hand, the archers on the church wall just stood there with bows in hand, but I don't know if that was due to me burning the arrows, them running out of arrows, or them bugging out.

According to what I read, even if you poison all the food, and burn all the arrows, the changes to the battle itself are very small (reportedly few enemies less, an perhaps less shooting from archers). Even if you manage to kill all of the bandits in the camp (which you could before 1.3, I don't know how difficult endeavour it would be now) they just respawn for the battle.

I figured out a way to do it in the lower camp. I passed time in a corner until 1AM and then only 1 guard was still awake in the lower camp. After giving him a good shanking I was able to poison both pots without interference. I think when you sabotage a pot the game just aggros every active guard in a certain radius, visibility be damned. Kinda crummy.

In the upper camp there were always 3-4 guard awake and they were all covering each other so there was no chance for shivving any. I did the poison-and-run move like you did.

On one failed run I decided to arm up and make my last stand, and ended up killing everyone in the camp. So it's still possible. I figured it would be a wasted effort though so I reloaded to try to do it properly.

i went to this same camp

plate armor, shield + Baliffs mace, 11 warfare and 10 mace.

Just slaughtered all of them. rofl

agris

Arcane
Patron
DragoFireheart out of curiosity, was that before or after the 1.3 patch? I'm curious how combat is playing for those of you that said it was a cakewalk of 1 hit kills.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Once you get above level 10 and are fully kitted out in plate, combat is still pretty easy even after the patch. I think the Cumans and bandits in the camp are just too low level to be a threat.

There's a decent stretch of the game where combat is challenging, but it becomes too easy too quickly once you increase your stats and get good equipment.

Divinity: Original Sin
But to the great part: I'm getting Ultima 7 vibes from this game. And I had a fun experience with some AI. I was looking for a fellow named Ginger, and he had a couple bandits asking around for him. Some guys asked me to kill these bandits and I accepted the job. the game saved, sio I could try and kill those guys. Turns out they were very strong for me. I tried a lot of strategies but always ended up dying. So I tried to sneak upon them, take down them while sleeping. The thing is that this always woke up the other guy. So, in order to see if they were sleeping, I tried to pickpocket them to get their weapons. As always, I failed so I ran away. then, when I was getting back, both guys were exchanging insults and started fight each other. After one was murdered by his friend, I choked the other and killed him while unconscious. I don't know how that happened, but when I tried pick-pocketing, the screen told me that the guy noticed me stealing him, but I fleed the scene before he got up, so I like to imagine he didn't actually see me and blamed his friend.
These two bandits attacking each other was a bug that's fixed in 1.4. I was hunting that bullshit down for 4 fucking days. Basically the quest is waiting for signal that you attacked either of the two (attack, arrow flyby, knock out whatevs). Once the quest gets the info it makes sure to set both bandits aggressive towards you. The thing was that if you got near the bandits for exactly second time the signal subscription was thrown away and the quest never got the proper signal needed henceforth. At that moment a different implicit rule was triggered which says that anybody who has a temporary override faction falls back to their basic one (which is Bandits in this case) upon switching to combat with player. Which happened to the bandit you attacked but not to the other one. And since the temporary faction of bandit2 and basic faction of bandit1 were in hostile relationship, the two clowns attacked each other.
Exploit till you can!

I'm glad I did this way before the fix because I really liked that outcome.

On another topic, what about the "the sports of kings" bug which disables fast travel random encounters? I haven't experience this bug since I didn't play the quest, and the patch notes say nothing about this. But the thing is, I did the quest "robber baron" (it also involves NPCs in horses), and since then, I haven't experienced random encounters, be it on fast travel or actually roaming around. No ambushes, mercenaries, knights, bandits...

Even though these are somewhat repetitive, It's better having it than none at all.

Beowulf

Arcane
What is with the Nest of Vipers main quest? I can sneak into the camp undetected no problem, but as soon as I slip poison into a cookpot, some guard from all the way across the camp makes a bee line right for me and attacks. WTF. Shitty design there.

Yeah, I didn't manage to poison the food unnoticed, so I just decided to run after I poisoned the first pot, burning arrows and dropping poison along the way. The objectives to sabotage the camp where first marked as completed, but when I started the assault I got subsequent messages that I failed the sabotage objectives.
On the other hand, the archers on the church wall just stood there with bows in hand, but I don't know if that was due to me burning the arrows, them running out of arrows, or them bugging out.

According to what I read, even if you poison all the food, and burn all the arrows, the changes to the battle itself are very small (reportedly few enemies less, an perhaps less shooting from archers). Even if you manage to kill all of the bandits in the camp (which you could before 1.3, I don't know how difficult endeavour it would be now) they just respawn for the battle.
I figured out a way to do it in the lower camp. I passed time in a corner until 1AM and then only 1 guard was still awake in the lower camp. After giving him a good shanking I was able to poison both pots without interference. I think when you sabotage a pot the game just aggros every active guard in a certain radius, visibility be damned. Kinda crummy.

In the upper camp there were always 3-4 guard awake and they were all covering each other so there was no chance for shivving any. I did the poison-and-run move like you did.

On one failed run I decided to arm up and make my last stand, and ended up killing everyone in the camp. So it's still possible. I figured it would be a wasted effort though so I reloaded to try to do it properly.

i went to this same camp

And what happened next? Some people report that if you kill everyone in the camp, you will fail the "Nest of Vipers" quest when you return to Ratzig.
Did you encounter such issue?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

i went to this same camp

And what happened next? Some people report that if you kill everyone in the camp, you will fail the "Nest of Vipers" quest when you return to Ratzig.
Did you encounter such issue?

I failed the “sabotage the camp” sub-mission after killing them all, even though I lit all the arrows on fire and poisoned all the food. But it didn’t make much difference. When we attacked, all the bandits just respawned.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Welp, Nightingale quest is still bugged for me. The third trap just isn't there where I left it/where the map marker leads me. :/

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Welp, Nightingale quest is still bugged for me. The third trap just isn't there where I left it/where the map marker leads me. :/

I suspect like the issues I have with Gallows Brothers is that our saves are bugged and you have to reload an earlier save... but an earlier save for me is like 4 hours old so nah... Will probably just plow through the main quest to finish the game and then hopefully everything will be fixed in a year and I replay it.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I wish there's a way to spend cash or something to help those poor Skalitz refugees.
I was half expecting an end game quest where he'd go lead a bunch of men to return to Skalitz and resettle, slowly pumping in more funds to help things get back to normal and clean it up.
But nothing. Money is plentiful, but there's hardly anything to spend aside from your first Milanese breastplate that gives good armor for weight and fine saddlebags.
I laughed when the game expects me to poach all the time to help the poor get meat, welp, let me just go buy up all the meat from the butchers then.
The world feels too static at times.

Cadmus

Arcane
I opened the broken chest with top tier armor and weapons by accident on some road in the east end of the map which pissed me off and I stopped playing.
How is the performance in 1.3? My FPS goes from 60 to 25 randomly on GTX1060 in patch 1.25, it's really annoying. I suppose I will wait few more months and restart the game.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I opened the broken chest with top tier armor and weapons by accident on some road in the east end of the map which pissed me off and I stopped playing.
How is the performance in 1.3? My FPS goes from 60 to 25 randomly on GTX1060 in patch 1.25, it's really annoying. I suppose I will wait few more months and restart the game.
It's been worse for me, but that's probably because I can't max out the LOD sliders. I think 1.25 had some built-in antialiasing in place. Now that I can turn it off in 1.3 I got a nice boost in performance, but on 1080 on my display it looks seriously jaggy (for which I have no one to blame but my videocard of course).

mildTea

Learned
It says in the encyclopedia that Skalitz was never resettled, so apparently no.
That refers to the castle, not to the village. The silver mines were to important to leave them, so the village + mines were definitely resettled. The village itself was given by king Wenceslaus to Jan Sokol from Lamberk in late 1403 while Radzig moved later to Vyšehrad in Prague.

I also wished there was a fragment of the game where you would help to resettle it. But as the story happens in less than a few weeks, it's unlikely they would made any serious progress, so there wouldn't be much interesting gameplay to be done.

Maybe a few fedex quests as in: Yo, Henry, get us some wood from the lumberjacks, then go to the quarry and negotiate a delivery of 3 carts with stone and then go to Rattay or Sasau and hire a few carpenters. The Sasau cloister can wait. Oh yeah... and don't forget to find all the missing miners who are dispersed accross the pubs in the neighbouring villages. Thx Henry!

RK47

Patron
I'm more into housing these refugees elsewhere with your cash.
It'd be more meaningful than seeing Henry clad in full Milanese plate from head to toe - while the same folks from Skalitz are still begging on the streets of Rattay.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
That's fixed. It's an end game chest and the designer who placed it there thought the chest will be loaded at the very end along with the whole camp.
Well, now it is.

RK47

Patron
Smejki

Just an idea, maybe you can add some guardians to the treasure map sites.
It really doesn't feel right to dig up treasures unguarded like that and they're often very valuable in terms of in-universe money.
When the merchants spoke of 'braving dangers' and such I never thought the danger is just from random encounters.
Although one treasure site outside Talmberg did have a poacher who got mad at me cause I didn't leave his site fast enough. Oh well, a few knuckle sandwich and he begs for mercy.

There's a new patch downloading right now.

Smejki

I want to report something after playing the quests "hare hunt" and "a sheep in wolf's clothing". It got bugged the first time I played because
I talked to Margaret before blacksmith's betty. I used my speech check and asked about hanekin hare. I didn't know about the meetings so that option never appear in the dialogue choices after the speech check. So I went back and talked to Betty, and I had two choices concerning the poachers. The first is the one she talks about a party in the woods and the sound of a pipe, which would prompt us to question Jake piper, and the other is about the hare himself, and that he and margaret maintain conversations and are in love with each other. The thing is, I chose the second and she never gave me the option to talk about the party, since the objective of questioning Betty checks out. After this, I go back to Margaret and since I already used my skillcheck, I want to talk about the hare and she doesn't want to anymore. Then the quest becomes glitched, and I have to go to black lukesh and go to the clearing meet with the hare.

The thing is, going to black lukesh and doing his quests makes it possible to meet the hare in a clearing. No matter what, the Talmberg soldiers always appear, even though I didn't talk to anyone about the meeting, and I notice that after completing Lukesh's quest of stealing Nicholas horn, My log updates saying that Captain Robard aproved sending soldier to help capture the Hare.

The thing is I reloaded and replayed the quest doing things on proper order and things worked ok. I heard that this quest was very bugged, but I only had that situation on patch 1.3. I guess some things are not bugs at all but rather lack of time to proper develop the quest, like the meeting the hare after doing lukesh quests.

Anyway, I did the proper way but it's possible to mess things up here.

Cadmus

Arcane
What's the patch? I heard it!s only turkish localization or smth?
Do you guys recommend waiting a bit more for stability updates or is 1.3 enough?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What's the patch? I heard it!s only turkish localization or smth?
Do you guys recommend waiting a bit more for stability updates or is 1.3 enough?

Definitely wait, there are some serious issues with reputation, which is a major part of the game.

Btw, anyone - how is the late-game balance with the new patch? More room for improvement or ok?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Smejki , the bathhouse wench which under certain circumstances Henry may have saved from abduction, never changes her conversation options. If you approach her after having saved her you can begin the conversation all over again, and if you tell her you will accompany her again, the game tries to teleport you to a location again, and enters an endless loading cycle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom