Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

Archibald

Arcane
It's just not the same without that cheesy delivery in English.

IT SHALL BE ENGRAVED UPON YOUR SOUL! NIBELUNG VALESTI!

They were so cheesy that they ended up sounding amazing. Kind like we have so bad its good films.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
https://gematsu.com/2018/03/brave-neptunia-announced-developed-quebec-based-artistan-studios
Brave Neptunia announced, developed by Quebec-based Artistan Studios
Details due out on April 26.

Compile Heart has announced Yuusha Neptune (Brave Neptunia), a 2D action game entry in its Neptunia series, developed for the first time by a western company at the Quebec-based Artisan Studios.
Platforms were not announced, but Artisan Studios previously featured logos for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and Steam in the footer of its official website before its new project page was updated to be revealed as Brave Neptunia.
Further information will be announced in the April 26-due issue of Dengeki PlayStation.
Watch the announcement video below, which feaures a small tidbit of gameplay footage. Visit the official website here.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Earthlock got an enhanced edition.

If you have played EARTHLOCK: Festival of Magic

Extended and upgraded, this is in many respects a brand new game.
Keeping all the best parts from EARTHLOCK: Festival of Magic, we have spent the last year improving them in every way while adding loads of new stuff:
⁃ Craftable weapons and equipment
⁃ New abilities in the overworld
⁃ Numerous new side quests
⁃ New scenes, new creatures and new NPCs
⁃ In addition to all the strange plants you now can grow trees to bring kittens and other cute critters into the world
⁃ Treasure Maps to discover more treasures
⁃ The ability to sell as well as buy stuff
⁃ Loads of new animations, story additions, smarter NPCs and tweaks of every kind to make the game even more engrossing, enjoyable and replayable!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Infinite Adventures, an anime style dungeon RPG from American developer:

ss_830f16129d9b52b1c9638a0a7c82d276d2231e82.600x338.jpg

ss_a7b3c575caea2eb9df47d85e420c5800a34df507.600x338.jpg

The adventure begins as you select from 5 races and 10 character classes to create your hero by choosing from nearly 200 pieces of vivid character art. Create a party of allies to join you on your adventure while exploring 24 levels of the dungeon along with an infinite number of procedurally generated levels. Characters earn skill points that can be used to customize each character. There are more than 260 skills and 24 powerful summons abilities to be mastered. You will find yourself engaged in the fully voiced story-line as you conquer the challenges of the Labyrinth. Battle through hundreds of enemies and dozens of bosses to discover the truth of your past and why the Labyrinth was created.
  • EXPLORE 24 dungeon levels within the Infinite Labyrinth
  • ENDLESS DUNGEON CRAWLING through procedurally generated dungeon levels
  • HUNDREDS of BEAUTIFUL anime styled characters and enemies
  • STRATEGIC Turn Based combat against hundreds of enemies
  • CREATE your own party of characters from one of 5 Races and 10 Classes while choosing from 190+ Full body Character Art Pieces
  • CUSTOMIZE SKILLS as each character levels up with over 260 skills and 24 summons to master
  • ENGAGE with over 40 NPCs, all fully voice acted
  • COMPLETE more than 50 optional side quests, all fully voice acted
  • EMBARK on an epic adventure to unravel the mysteries within the Infinite Labyrinth

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
that game looks interesting.

from what im reading in that post above then the 24 dungeon levels are hand-made with an additional set of ((infinite!!)) dungeon levels available inside the infinite dungeon part of the game right (question mark here)

IF that is how it is then there is hope the game might be worth playing!!!

however if all dungeon levels are proc-generated then it will be shit.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The Ghost keep teasing us: http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/a-second-japanese-dungeon-crawler-arrives

They are working on not one but TWO Japanese dungeon RPGs for PC.

A second Japanese Dungeon Crawler arrives!

Hi everyone! I had a nice surprise this week, as the first PC build of a second Japanese Dungeon Crawler arrived in the Ghostlight offices this week, which suggests that 2018 could be a really good year for any of you who are looking for some excellent Japanese examples of the genre on your PC. (From our side, Al is particularly pleased to have a chance to dig into both games.)

In even better news, this time the first PC build included walls and a floor :) although there is currently an issue with the tutorial, which given my poor skills at dungeon crawlers is a bit awkward for me.

I'm personally having a hard time picking a favourite between the two games that we're working on right now: they both feel quite unique in their own way, but I'm definitely enjoying them for different reasons so I can't wait to be able to tell you more about them. Speaking of which, I've been told that we're expecting to be able to announce one of the two very soon, so keep your eyes on the blog for more information as soon as I'm allowed to share it! :)

In other news, it's taken a while, but I have finally managed to put some of the photos from my trip to Japan online, so if you'd like to check them out then take a look at this album.

I'll summon aweigh twice. aweigh

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i like how Ghostlight feels like a music fanzine from the 90s talking about upcoming releases from bands

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Spike Chunsoft America's GDC announcements:

Zanki Zero: Last Beginning - PC/PS4 (Dungeon RPG from developers of Danganronpa series)
https://gematsu.com/2018/03/zanki-zero-last-beginning-coming-west-ps4-pc

428: Shibuya Scramble - PC/PS4 - Summer
https://gematsu.com/2018/03/428-shibuya-scramble-delayed-summer-west

STEINS;GATE ELITE - PC/PS4/SW - 2018
https://gematsu.com/2018/03/steinsgate-elite-coming-west-ps4-switch-pc-2018

PixelJunk Monsters 2 - PC/PS4/SW - May 25
https://gematsu.com/2018/03/pixeljunk-monsters-2-announced-ps4-switch-pc

Fire Pro Wrestling World - PS4 - Summer (Already released for PC)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Steam page for Zanki Zero:

ss_a03fa5afeb3eae3febcf93c488c68399a8e0a620.600x338.jpg

God created the world in seven days. It only took one day for humans to destroy the world. Life as we knew it sank to the depths of the sea...until yesterday. We do not yet know the broken world and the reasons left behind there. An earth where ruins drift about. Buildings, houses, light posts. Cars, traffic lights, asphalt... Modern civilization was destroyed, becoming nothing more than debris wading in the sea. New ruins drift one after the other before the protagonist, who lives on one of those decaying islands.

Key Features
  • 8 Clones, 7 Deadly Sins, Infinite Lives - Play from the POV of one of eight protagonists in each chapter and explore the dungeons, towers, and islands to uncover the deadly sins of their past.
  • Survival of the Fittest - Hunt for materials and food while fending off monsters in real-time battle environments, but don't forget to go to the bathroom (seriously, it's bad for your health and fatal for your party).
  • Live, Die, Repeat - With only 13 days in one life cycle, each clone's stats, abilities and capabilities differ from youth to old age. Depending on how you die, you can even earn bonus upgrades for your next life cycle. Take advantage of each life cycle to the fullest!

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Survival of the Fittest - Hunt for materials and food while fending off monsters in real-time battle environments, but don't forget to go to the bathroom (seriously, it's bad for your health and fatal for your party).

uh oh

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom