Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Parabalus

Arcane
Call me when your D&D rogue starts applying the same status effects as the mage's spells do.

Pure thief is literally the most garbage class across all IE games, how in your right mind can you defend its uselessness?

Sentinel

Arcane
He never said that people want to play muscle wizards or heavy armor rogues. He said that it was a shame that these archetypes were not supported by default on systems like AD&D notably.
Yeah so he went ahead and supported those class archetypes that 2 people play while ruining it for everyone else.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Do you deny that it was his intention or you're just butthurt ?
In case you're butthurt, have a hug too. It's ok dude, you'll be able to play, you just have to wait an extra month. No need to be angry my man.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Call me when your D&D rogue starts applying the same status effects as the mage's spells do.

Pure thief is literally the most garbage class across all IE games, how in your right mind can you defend its uselessness?
:smug: The best class in any game ever!!! I always play as thief if it is possible,if it isn't then the game is worthless trash.

It is great pleasure to pickpocket every single person in BG games.

Sannom

Augur
All the examples that come to mind are shit games......andromeda or duke that should have remained forever.
Duke that should have remained forever wasn't "delayed", it stumbled into a release. It's a category unto itself!

Ulfhednar

Savant

:smug: The best class in any game ever!!! I always play as thief if it is possible,if it isn't then the game is worthless trash.

But you multi or dual that thief in the IE games... right!?!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Is this going to be playable on APRIL 4th, or will I just be spending a few months experimenting with character builds and restarting after the 5th or 6th hour to try a new one? Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that...

Yes, the full game will be playable Apr 4. The last several pages of this thread are a goof.
Considering the game was just delayed, I don't think it will be playable on Apr 4 :P

Ninjerk

Arcane

Don't forget going into every house in Beregost and stealing everything that isn't nailed to the floor.

I'm not mad that they delayed it, I'm mad that it will be a fucking bugfest even with this one month delay and they could certainly use a few more playe.. ehm, bugfinders, instead of telling that they are doing delaying it for a better experience.

What you should do for us is letting first day player buy it and bugtest it for us patient gamers, you filthy fucks

2house2fly

Magister
Ok i must ask. There is some myth that it is good for a game to delayed so it will be less buggy and good. Does anyone know a game that was delayed and turned out to be a good game??? All the examples that come to mind are shit games......andromeda or duke that should have remained forever.
Most of the time when a game gets delayed for additional polish you don't know about it because the developer has the sense to not announce the release date in the first place as they're in the process of rebuilding the combat system from the ground up.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

But you multi or dual that thief in the IE games... right!?!
Never,always play a pure class in any game,will do it in PoE2 too. Don't even go for background that is different than the default multi skill rogue. Give me a nice thieving bastard and the world is my oyster :lol:.

Don't forget going into every house in Beregost and stealing everything that isn't nailed to the floor.
That one goes without saying mate. No self respecting thief will leave an item behind:obviously:. I really do miss Drakensang and my 100 fluff pieces.
latest
It was amazing that merchants bought it from me.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ok i must ask. There is some myth that it is good for a game to delayed so it will be less buggy and good. Does anyone know a game that was delayed and turned out to be a good game??? All the examples that come to mind are shit games......andromeda or duke that should have remained forever.
Most of the time when a game gets delayed for additional polish you don't know about it because the developer has the sense to not announce the release date in the first place as they're in the process of rebuilding the combat system from the ground up.
:philosoraptor:
Well maybe,most games do get a release day a few months before it is released. I would argue that not postponing the announcement of a release date is different than pushing the release date.

Trashos

Arcane

Silent Hunter III was delayed for about a year (IIRC) and turned out to be glorious.

Trashos

Arcane
Also, first pre-buffing was taken away, and now people (even here) are complaining about having to switch armors/weapons to meet specific challenges? Anybody interested in a system which is not for braindead people? Hello?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
for example doing away with artificial gear restrictions is something that I like a lot, because it's both lore consistent and allows for a lot of tactical experimentation and build variety.
I could not believe someone had actually written these words. All classes can play largely the same, have largely the same stat distributions, can be equipped with anything -> more variety?

If all classes play the same, I'm sure you will have no problem making a PoTD playthrough with two 3 Constitution Wizards as tanks, 2 Druids as ranged DPS and 2 Fighters as support. Right?

What tactical experimentation when everything applies some shitty affliction for a fart-time duration?

Maybe you shouln't use retarded stat distribution with Int dumped to 3, then afflictions will stop bothering you. In fact they are pretty fucking useful at PoTD where everything is about the stats.

Oftentimes it's the same affliction, with a different base duration. Different abilities, same affliction, across *classes*?!

Broken leg is still a broken leg, whether Paladin breaks it with a hammer or Chanter breaks it with a spear.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Also, first pre-buffing was taken away, and now people (even here) are complaining about having to switch armors/weapons to meet specific challenges? Anybody interested in a system which is not for braindead people? Hello?

It just substitutes one brainless routine for another. I don't know why people are obsessed with being forced to change weapons. Changing weapons in PoE1 came with cool benefits, like AoE damage, marking or other spells and you felt like you are doing something that added to the playstyle, instead of going "ugh, have to change this greatsword to an estoc again for the extra Pen again...." every 5 fights or so.

2house2fly

Magister
There's no point in having a lot of weapons if the player has no incentive to change what they're using now and then. I remember one common criticism of the first game being that if you're a barbarian you buy Tall Grass from a merchant and then you never use another weapon for the rest of your play through

Fry

Arcane
It does seem odd to complain about enemies that require different weapon types in a Tactical RPG(TM).

Yes, it's no substitute for good encounter design, but there's no reason we can't have both.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom