Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wadjet Eye Unavowed - Dave Gilbert's RPG-inspired urban fantasy game

SilverSpook

Silver Spook Games
Developer
It was a great time talking with Dave! Looking forward, even more, to Unavowed. Was also nice to get some of the latest on Technobabylon 2!

(Also, thanks Janet for the surprise cameo! :D )

SilverSpook

Silver Spook Games
Developer
Yeah Technobabylon 2 is definitely at least in production (heard it from both Dave Gilbert and James Dearden / Technocrat) although it's still fairly under wraps. If you follow James on Twitter he sometimes posts some test material related to the game.

Terra

Cipher
Some good stuff in the interview but I have to say I was initially concerned when I heard Technobabylon 2 and full 3D in the same utterance. I've always thought the 3D take on the genre loses something, it most definitely lacks the charm of well-done pixel art at the very least and oftentimes becomes something completely different ala Telltale's games. But then I found my way to the Technocrat blog and saw some of the isometric mockups the dev was messing with in Unity and I have to say it could work. Not sure a Stasis/Shadowrun style aesthetic and camera is what I'd really want out of a sequel, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

DaveGilbert

Wadjet Eye Games
Developer
Hi everyone! Just poking into the forums to give an update. We've hit the alpha stage and we're testing in earnest. We recently had VO auditions and cast the entire game. Things are zooming forward a lot faster now, although we still don't have a solid release date yet.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Hi everyone! Just poking into the forums to give an update. We've hit the alpha stage and we're testing in earnest. We recently had VO auditions and cast the entire game. Things are zooming forward a lot faster now, although we still don't have a solid release date yet.

Did you know your name is a mixture of Dave Grossman and Ron Gilbert? Two of the best adventure game makers of all time.

Can't be a coincidence. You must be the chosen one.

Now get back to work, Ron Grossman.

Last edited:

DaveGilbert

Wadjet Eye Games
Developer
I have been told that I'm the result of some freak genetic experiment. Somewhere out there is my long-lost test-tube brother, Ron Grossman.

And yes, Abe is doing a few roles in the game. :)

DaveGilbert

Wadjet Eye Games
Developer
Thought you guys might get a kick out of hearing some samples of the VO:

Frank Todaro as Eli.

SungWon Cho (AKA ProZD) as Kalash

Since the cast is so large, I opted to record half of it with remote actors this time around. Anyone who has worked with me before (hi Mark and Vic) knows I HATE doing that, so this was a big step for me. In March we're going to be having two weeks straight of local recording sessions to get the rest of everything done (all 12k lines of it. Shudder), so I'll probably be posting quite a few of these!

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
That sword banter reminds me of Jurgen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom