Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Flou

Arbiter
Do we know why the PR lady is leaving Obs? She was funny...

She at least liked Bethesda's post about them hiring people for their Austin studio. So maybe Bethesda Austin or like quite a few people from Obsidian... Blizzard. So pretty much it seems like a career move especially if you look at what Avellone posted about it. She probably got a better paying job while working on bigger & more well known projects.

existential_vacuum

.PNG Police
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
that bingo is not fun we can already predict 100% some of them

6H6PW16.jpg
Of course it's not fun
:whatisfun:

P. S. Fuckin' jpg? Really? Might have uploaded this instead then
6_H6_PW16.jpg

Last edited:

Mazisky

Magister
Please, stop posting previews identical to the other 82 previews already shown.

There is nothing new and people is getting bored of reading the same things and looking the same screens over and over since the game announce.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm fairly certain these are new screenshots -

4ack5gga.gsi.jpg

Maybe? But anyway, yeah, all of these previews are the same.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I guess he's in the same state I was when D:OS2 was close to release, when I read people's impressions I immediately recognized the signs of decline.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
I guess he's in the same state I was when D:OS2 was close to release, when I read people's impressions I immediately recognized the signs of decline.
Yeah the only slight difference is that your reaction was based on factual information while his is based on delusion and interesting theories such as
maybe there's nothing but the backer content, makes sense if we consider that we haven't seen anything else
or
maybe the narration, companion interaction and faction system is shit, makes sense if we consider that Josh Sawyer.

Also, I suspect his dementia to be an elaborate troll.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Wait, POE2 is even more decline than POE1? :lol:

No, I'm not really surprised.

It's hard to tell, tbh. We don't know anything about the content, but the combat is still a mess. If they manage to rein it in, I think it will be better than PoE1's.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
jesus fuck you edgelords

P2 may/will have a bunch of :decline:d or otherwise flawed mechanical revisions, and the writing might be a bit kipi on the tekehupu, but it's bloody unlikely the maps, encounters, or what have you are going to feel like a padded rush job. They've had tons of time to work on them, they're thoroughly familiar with the toolset and production pipeline, and they've been underpromising what we appear to be getting. Early on Josh was talking about 30 hours or thereabouts, now he's at 80 going on 100.

Whatever its flaws may be, P2 isn't going to be a T:ToN.

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO COMPLAIN REEEEE

Looking forward to that fair and balanced review - you're already shilling and it's not even out yet.

I wonder what will happen if Poe2 turns out to be good.

It's win - win for me.

Game is Shit - Hours of RPGCodex Entertainment.
Game is Amazing - I'll be too busy playing the game to even read the thread.

frajaq

Erudite
curious about the doomsayers, what exactly do we have to gain if this game is a failure like so many of you are saying?

Parabalus

Arcane

Wait, POE2 is even more decline than POE1? :lol:

No, I'm not really surprised.

It's hard to tell, tbh. We don't know anything about the content, but the combat is still a mess. If they manage to rein it in, I think it will be better than PoE1's.

Can't wait to open the character creator and be greeted by RESOLVE : +3% chance to Empower your abilities :negative:.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I remain hesitantly pessimistic about the state of PoE2 on launch. If it has decent writing this time (I suspect not) then I'll give it a go after a couple of patches iron out the major bugs (If that happens)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom