Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I loved it, but I'm not sure how to improve the execution - it wouldn't work so well without tightly restricting the player's movements.

One thing is they should really have larger windows of time for the "YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU SHOULD BE" crap.
I'm not aware of all possible ways to reslove it, i.e. purely diplomatically, or possibly by breaking your cover altogether and presenting yourself as an envoy of Radzig, and just demanding that the guy in question be given up to you. Interesting how this would have went if it was possible, I doubt it is.

You can just kill all those guys who are wearing white and bolt.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You can just kill all those guys who are wearing white and bolt.
I'm taking Radzig's desires to heart and trying to do it with as little mess as possible. I'm afraid I'll still have to tell everyone whom I can, that I'm looking for a guy... it seems to be what the game wants me to do.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Certainly better for everyone if you stop whining how GoG Galaxy is muh evil, you avorton
Am I supposed to read all your sorry ass posts you make on this thread, you moron?
You're locked up in the monastery. Good for you.
Now get the fuck out! :)
Certainly better for everyone if you read more and write less. Braindead retard.

After having the pleasure to read your drivels that portray you as some kind of autistic recluse creep whose life is governed by minutia, I have to say... fucker, now I feel blessed. Thank you.

Now for the last time, fuck off, go pirate the patch like a lil' good boy and stop with your "Awesomebutton's playthrough trials and tribulations" shit-posting.

Last edited:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Waaah! The moment I sit down to play the patched version the first time, my girlfriend begs me to cook her lunch.

Why doesn’t she cook it herself, you ask? Because I have a motherfucking gift for cuisine and she has a gift for giving herself and others food poisoning. I wish I’d never revealed my cooking skills; we used to just get takeout all the time and it was glorious.

Woe is me.

Beowulf

Arcane
I'm not aware of all possible ways to reslove it, i.e. purely diplomatically, or possibly by breaking your cover altogether and presenting yourself as an envoy of Radzig, and just demanding that the guy in question be given up to you. Interesting how this would have went if it was possible, I doubt it is.

From what I gathered you have basically two options:

A) You kill Pious, you don't even have to enter as a novice to do that.

B) You arrest Pious - in order to do that, you have to tell him, that you are looking for him (or basically spill the beans to everyone in the cloister).

If you tell the Prior, that you are working for Ratzig, you will be expelled form the order, and he will tell you that "they will handle the investigation internally".
I don't know if it's a bug, but arresting him didn't give me the quest item needed for the bandits.
EDIT: He also didn't have it on him, when I killed him, but apparently it's a common bug.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Certainly better for everyone if you stop whining how GoG Galaxy is muh evil, you avorton
Am I supposed to read all your sorry ass posts you make on this thread, you moron?
Certainly better for everyone if you read more and write less. Braindead retard.

After having the pleasure to read your drivels that portray you as some kind of autistic recluse creep whose life is governed by minutia, I have to say... fucker, now I feel blessed. Thank you.

Now for the last time, fuck off, go pirate the patch like a lil' good boy and stop with your "Awesomebutton's playthrough trials and tribulations" shit-posting.
Stop quoting me with your bullshit, moron.

From what I gathered you have basically two options:

A) You kill Pious, you don't even have to enter as a novice to do that.

B) You arrest Pious - in order to do that, you have to tell him, that you are looking for him (or basically spill the beans to everyone in the cloister).

If you tell the Prior, that you are working for Ratzig, you will be expelled form the order, and he will tell you that "they will handle the investigation internally".
I don't know if it's a bug, but arresting him didn't give me the quest item needed for the bandits.
Wow, I didn't know I can even tell the Prior anything, just assumed it should be possible.

I just snuck out with my suspect at night, only to discover I can't just load him on the horse and bring him to Radzig. Tried to fast travel with him on my shoulder back to Rattay, some guard stopped me at Ledechko because he saw me passing by with a body over my shoulder. Ok, I guess I'll have to talk to everybody, silly way to pass it.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Arcane
Well, I tried doing the same thing, that is knocking him out outside the gates, but sadly it doesn't work.
You really need to tell him, that you are looking for him, to get the only legit way (TM) of finishing that quest without spilling blood.

On a side note - you can just kill any novice and it will work, as the bandits will just hear about the murder in the monastery, without the details.
But you won't get the quest item (it's not really necessary though).

Parabalus

Arcane
The monastery questline is quite retarded if you have read the Prior's book before going in (it's in the way of a Ratay quest).
You know who Pious before ordaining if you combine it with Speech check on porter, but all dialogue still paints you as clueless. You have to blabber to everyone to get trigger.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik

Stop quoting me with your bullshit, moron.

screenshot0000.jpg

What does your brain and this guy's cock have in common?
They're both nonexistent.

agris

Arcane
Patron
alright that was at least clever. tbf, you didn't read his posts from just like one or two pages back though.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Fucking morons. This (among other reasons) is why people pirate games. Next thing I WILL do and I guarantee WILL work is to find and download 1.3.1 from a fucking torrent, because CDPR's server admins are too incompetent to provide the main service they are charging WH 30% of the price for!
The ironic is that you'll probably be torrenting the GOG version.
cat.gif

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
They should really tone down the potion effects. It's more ridiculous than Polish Witcher's arsenal.
Hitting 50% harder, having 50% more stamina, and taking 50% less damage with less than 200 groschen cost if you bought it off shelf?
No way. At least lower it to 10% default and +2% effective per point of alchemy skill.

agris

Arcane
Patron
They should really tone down the potion effects. It's more ridiculous than Polish Witcher's arsenal.
Hitting 50% harder, having 50% more stamina, and taking 50% less damage with less than 200 groschen cost if you bought it off shelf?
No way. At least lower it to 10% default and +2% effective per point of alchemy skill.
This is all tied into how damage scales with the PCs skill. The pre 1.3.1 damage scaling was clearly insane. Perhaps post 1.3.1 the potions will make more sense. Regardless, I agree with your point. The potions that effect combat strength should be scaled such that 200 grosch isn’t all that's required for the PC to survive a gangbang.

Something that would go a long way towards this is the removal of those potions from most vendors. Much like how arrows of dispelling were removed from vendors by SCS for BG1/2. Remove the +dmg +stam +dmg resist potions such that they're hyper rare (maybe only available to people who buy the recipe books and cook that shit themselves, i'm talking blue 99.3% purity via HPLC). That plus the reduced damage scaling in 1.3 should make the game harder.

Last edited:

lefthandblack

Arcane
dude...seriously..not that I want to excuse their incompetence, but just use galaxy..it is a good clean client and for games that get updated often, it is convenient and time saving.
Galaxy is an utter turd in my experience, failing to update games and corrupting installations.

I used it for a short while when I was playing PoE. Each and every attempt to automatically patch the game ended with me having to manually uninstall, and then reinstall through Galaxy's "automated", read "completely opaque" process, which shows you neither how much it's downloading, nor how fast, nor even what percentage it has completed. All it showed me was a loading bar, because some idiot designer saw this on his iPhone and thought this was brilliant UI design.

Another game I used it for was Witcher 3, where it famously broke the installation of DLC if your game's language audio was not set to English. I had mute characters in HoS until I installed manually, because GOG wasn't installing the DLC and then the language pack in the right order.

Fuck Galaxy, and fuck spyware clients.

This is exactly my experience with it. Do you happen to have a high latency connection? In my case my latency is almost a full second which makes Galaxy shit all over itself half the time, even after setting it up to only use one connection. You might have fixed your file problems already, but what fixed mine was downloading the setup .exe and the 9 bin over again. The 9 bin was erroring out Gog-downloader at ~100 megs downloaded; the .exe didn't show any strangeness but it wouldn't install until I downloaded it again as well.

That won't help with the game being scripted, linear, storyfag bullshit with horrible mechanics though. I wish I had researched it better before pulling the trigger.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
alright, put this game down for a few weeks, how many quest bugs did the patch *actually* fix, because it's time to go avisting with my boy Henry before college starts again

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
I've put 86 hours into the game and barely even got going with the main quest. I don't mind since I'm really enjoying this game. No doubt it's buggy, unbalanced and really rough around the edges, and you can probably break it in a hundred different ways if you choose to do so, but I'm willing to look past that since the game displays some true ambition and has its heart in the right place. It's not quite there yet, with many of the systems feeling unfinished or having severe balance issues, but the foundations are surprisingly solid, and with a few big patches and/or some mods the game might turn into a real gem. There have been moments when the game has completely broken apart when I've done something unexpected, but just as often it has surprised me with its systems or the depth of its simulated world, which has lead to some memorable and wonderful moments. To each its own, but I'll take innovative but flawed over safe and boring any given day.

I haven't died in a long time, as the combat has gotten pretty easy, but I don't think I've broken the game yet. I like to wear light armor and mostly use diplomacy and stealth to get to where I want to, so I'm not a total death machine yet. I'm no filthy looter either, and when asked to take down a bandit camp, I'll usually just assassinate the leader, take his spurs as proof and get the hell out before anyone notices what's happened. If I'm ambushed on the road, I might just run away or beat the bandits into submission without killing them. As a result I've not been swimming in money at any point in the game, and I just spent the last of my savings on a new coat, shield and longsword. I haven't touched any of the pre-order stuff, and I don't know why the fuck developers keep putting that stuff into their games. I want to earn my success fair and square.

I keep reading comments about fetch quests, and I don't really get it. Okay, I haven't played the late-game quests yet, and some of the quests admittedly make you run around the map a bit too much, but as a whole the quest desing in this game is really refreshing. Aside from the activities the game almost never resorts to giving you typical "go to X and fetch/kill Y" tasks. Instead you're often acting as a medieval detective, spy or diplomat, which is goddamn great. Even the side quests often have non-linear structures with multiple possible resolutions, sometimes allowing you to ignore the quest log almost completely and do things your own way. Often you have to find your way around without map markers, or really pay attention to the dialogues in order to figure out the best solution. The activities are often entertaining too, although I think some more creativity could've been poured into them: The thief quests are pretty fun at the start when your skills are terrible, forcing you to use a bit of creativity, but quite quickly they devolve into just breaking into people's homes at night and picking their pockets while they sleep. How about having some guards around (ones that aren't asleep at night, that is), or maybe some very hard locks that require pickpocketing a key from someone? The hunting quests are the worst as they get repetitive fast due to the near-complete lack of animal AI that allows you to turn a boar into a pin cushion without it even trying to run away at any point. I demand non-suicidal animals and throwing spears!

The main quest is a more complicated matter. In fact, for me it might be the single biggest flaw of the game so far, which is unfortunate since there's only so much you can do to fix it. The story itself has been fine so far, and the writing's really enjoyable, but the issue is that it's not really a story for an open-world game. Not only is it linear, but it also constantly pushes you forward with (fake) urgency. I'd really like to see the game occasionally take a page from Morrowind's book and say: "Henry, you're a scrub, so go out there and get some experience before taking on your next big mission." The story just doesn't go along all that well with open-world exploration, and it could've been greatly improved by rearranging the structure a bit or simply giving the player some downtime between quests. Another problem is the railroading. For example, in Rattay the game presents you a pretty nice dilemma right away when

you run into Hans Capon at the tavern.

It's such a shame that instead of giving you the option of choosing how to handle the situation, all control is taken away from you in order to make the story flow exactly like the developers intended it. It's really annoying and a wasted opportunity, even though the storyline itself is lots of fun.

Also, the game does another thing that pisses me off to no end: forced teleporting. I like to plan my travels carefully (especially since I don't use fast travel), trying to tackle as many quests at once as I can while keeping an eye on the possible time limits, and it fucking blows when the game suddenly decides to throw you to the other end of the map because some quest dictates so. I get that some of these instances might be because of pathfinding issues or technological limitations or simply to prevent the player from breaking a quest, but it's still inexcusable.

Overall, though, the game's a ton of fun, and I really hope the devs will keep working on it and iron out all the major issues, because the game deserves it.

Elex

Arbiter
Fucking shit GOG can't even upload a working non-Galaxy installation.

I uninstalled KCD in order to download anew the 1.3.1 version. Genious software engineering in itself - to apply a patch, reinstall a 40 GB program.

I go to my GOG library page for the game, and guess what - the GoG Galaxy installer links work correctly, but the "Classic installer" links download bin files of irregular sizes - 1.2 GB, 500-something MB, etc. Of course when I start the installer exe it says the files are corrupted.

Fucking morons. This (among other reasons) is why people pirate games. Next thing I WILL do and I guarantee WILL work is to find and download 1.3.1 from a fucking torrent, because CDPR's server admins are too incompetent to provide the main service they are charging WH 30% of the price for!
the most fun thing is: there is some pirate master level repack that save tons and tons of GB of donwload, selective download (why i have to download 2GB of german voiceover?) and a integrity file check.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
1 step forward 2 steps back, Consoles optimized but PC runs like dogshit, support more PC kickstarter projects !

250872820.jpg

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fucking shit GOG can't even upload a working non-Galaxy installation.

I uninstalled KCD in order to download anew the 1.3.1 version. Genious software engineering in itself - to apply a patch, reinstall a 40 GB program.

I go to my GOG library page for the game, and guess what - the GoG Galaxy installer links work correctly, but the "Classic installer" links download bin files of irregular sizes - 1.2 GB, 500-something MB, etc. Of course when I start the installer exe it says the files are corrupted.

the most fun thing is: there is some pirate master level repack that save tons and tons of GB of donwload, selective download (why i have to download 2GB of german voiceover?) and a integrity file check.

I even prefer to DL GOG games from torrents Comrade; much faster and with less corrupted files. :hero:

AwesomeButton

Patron
screenshot0000.jpg

I am plagued by thoughts of virtual cocks, and AwesomeButton's brain.
I need help.

Being gay no longer carries a stigma. Try to come to terms with yourself. Being dumb is a different problem though.

The ironic is that you'll probably be torrenting the GOG version.
cat.gif

This is exactly my experience with it. Do you happen to have a high latency connection? In my case my latency is almost a full second which makes Galaxy shit all over itself half the time, even after setting it up to only use one connection. You might have fixed your file problems already, but what fixed mine was downloading the setup .exe and the 9 bin over again. The 9 bin was erroring out Gog-downloader at ~100 megs downloaded; the .exe didn't show any strangeness but it wouldn't install until I downloaded it again as well.

That won't help with the game being scripted, linear, storyfag bullshit with horrible mechanics though. I wish I had researched it better before pulling the trigger.

The issue resolved itself an hour or so later, so I was spared the searching for torrent.

1 step forward 2 steps back, Consoles optimized but PC runs like dogshit, support more PC kickstarter projects !

250872820.jpg
I also noticed that the settings for LOD distance are not being saved once you confirm your changes in graphics options. We waited a week longer than expected for this patch, so that they would not introduce regression issues. No comment.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
screenshot0000.jpg

I am plagued by thoughts of virtual cocks, and AwesomeButton's brain.
I need help.

Being gay no longer carries a stigma. Try to come to terms with yourself. Being dumb is a different problem though.

By inventing quotes and cloning comic structure, you've reached a new low.
But don't worry, there's nothing that education can't fix.

Last edited:

Max Heap

Arcane
So I started this game yesterday and I'm quite pleased with it. The writing seems very authentic, especially with regards to swearing. Witcher 3 always felt a little try hard on that one. All in all the banter and shenanigans in the beginning felt very much like the stuff kids from the countryside around here would do, even back in the day when I was a wee little lad. Of course I also stumbled over the polygon review of this game:

bPPeMDX.png

The fuck does this even mean?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom