Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

> First was the innocence or whatever it's called, big telegraphed swings and shit did about 50% of hp or even less, a measly shitball of light apparently does about 80%, makes sense.
You mean one of a trillion billion measly shitballs of light he releases occasionally, from which you need to hide behind the statues or die?

Aye, got clipped by one when I wasn't topped off, didn't expect it to hit so hard, it certainly doesn't look like something that would take 3/4 of your hp (a single ball I mean, not the wave as a whole).

Shit players dies on hardcore by being shit obviously because of nothing but shit design.

Yes, you have to know the game to survive. This isn't Diablo 3.

Random oneshots is shit design, misleading visual feedback is shit design (big swings / aoe - low damage, small ball - 80% dmg), lack of combat/death log is shit design, since I don't even know what I did wrong and what killed me.

I can't possibly know how every single rare, elite or unique behaves, I didn't spend 10000 hours in it, but if I breeze through content up to that point, have proper hp and defenses for my lvl (resistances at 50% after the 5th act reductions, evasion at 50~, armor at 40~, 2.2k hp + chaos/ele/armor flasks) I expect not to be oneshotted out of nowhere by another generic grimdark dog thingy #23231. It doesn't make the game difficult it makes it fucking retarded and rage-inducing.

You died to scorching ray totems. They are nasty if you don't have maxed fire res and you are standing in one place too much.

Could be, them beasts with their new mechanics clutter the screen with spell effects. Though I wasn't standing in one place, I was repositioning to get a better angle for them frost blades and then bam, dead. Could be lag or somesuch, servers were less than stellar lately.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
have proper hp and defenses for my lvl
(resistances at 50% after the 5th act reductions
Cfgq5sCWsAMj6zp.jpg

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
anyone smarter and more knowledgeble than me pls suggest me some (semi) fun cookie cutter build on STD, so i can use legacy gear ect and kill shit. (already got tornado shot MF and phys cycloner)
currency aint a problem

:positive:

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
> First was the innocence or whatever it's called, big telegraphed swings and shit did about 50% of hp or even less, a measly shitball of light apparently does about 80%, makes sense.
You mean one of a trillion billion measly shitballs of light he releases occasionally, from which you need to hide behind the statues or die?
I just dodge them... it's not that impossible, and you can take a few and not die if your resists are decent.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So, after reading a post in reddit, I just realized that I haven't got a single Enroaching Darkness card drop. I'm nearly 90 and effectively farming red maps/uber lab...
Also Her Mask drop rate seem lower too.

T. Reich

Arcane
So, after reading a post in reddit, I just realized that I haven't got a single Enroaching Darkness card drop. I'm nearly 90 and effectively farming red maps/uber lab...
Also Her Mask drop rate seem lower too.

There's a post about it on Reddit. Seems that GGG stealth nerfed a lot of div card drops in hopes that beastcrafting recipes would compensate. Very confident of them!

Reinhardt

Arcane
There's a post about it on Reddit. Seems that GGG stealth nerfed a lot of div card drops in hopes that beastcrafting recipes would compensate. Very confident of them!
I tried to farm humility and got exactly 2 cards while running aqueduct from 62 to 73.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Just got one of the most retarded deaths. If it was hardcore it could be strong contender for the first place. I have overcapped fire and lightning res, but my cold was around 20%. I mean you don't really need it until act 8. Act 7, fellshrine ruins. Unbreathing queen prophecy. Her ghosts just 2-shoted me with their cold attacks. I was like "wut"

Gerrard

Arcane
First char I made was Frost Blades gladiator and my damage is so fucking pathetic I have problems with white maps, not to mention red beasts. :negative:

ArchAngel

Arcane
First char I made was Frost Blades gladiator and my damage is so fucking pathetic I have problems with white maps, not to mention red beasts. :negative:
You need to get both jewels for it. You also need to go crit if you didn't.

Gerrard

Arcane
I mean, I guess I can switch to Glacial Hammer for full meme... Would probably have about the same effectiveness right now. I went Gladiator for the block shenanigans, also happened to find The Anvil in lab so that turned out pretty well (SSFBTW). I probably should've went with DW instead of shield though.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I mean, I guess I can switch to Glacial Hammer for full meme... Would probably have about the same effectiveness right now. I went Gladiator for the block shenanigans, also happened to find The Anvil in lab so that turned out pretty well (SSFBTW). I probably should've went with DW instead of shield though.
Switch Gladiator to bleed explosions and it might save the character.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Met red beast that i couldn't kill. Well, i could at the start, but it had "new" tag so i tried to carefuly capture it. Regen, life leech and soul eater. At some point that thing eaten enough map monsters and summons so its regen just overcapped my damage.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
shit, this is a good armour, no?

kinda all over the place, but having smtg add substantial to offense and defense in the chest slot looks intriguing

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom