Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware That Which Sleeps - Vaporware Strategy RP

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
i-dont-know-what-the-fuck-is-going-on.jpg

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Even of this made up stuff it looks overcomplex even compared to paradox games. He should be more subtle, make more appealing animated fake screens and stuff.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
This is how religions are created.

But it is pretty lulzy none the less. Those mechanics are so complex that if this was an actual game, it'd be absolute trainwreck. Imagine the bugs, the balancing issues and the god damn micro management you'd need to do.

Destroid

Arcane

But it is pretty lulzy none the less. Those mechanics are so complex that if this was an actual game, it'd be absolute trainwreck. Imagine the bugs, the balancing issues and the god damn micro management you'd need to do.

Just like Dominions then.

Got bored and left

Shit, I dunno, this looks potentially even more insane than Dominions. Such levels of autism should not even be possible!

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Shit, I dunno, this looks potentially even more insane than Dominions. Such levels of autism should not even be possible!

This is like 1/5th of Dominions. Which leads us to another funny thing... AI.
Indeed, but there would be a way to pull it out:
By making the AI use a very different set of rules (which is possible given that they function differently), with a lot less variables to take care of.
Actually, it would be the only way, given that Dominions 5 has been fine tuned for 20 years or so (I have not played the 5th btw, how is the AI in this one?).

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Dominions 5 AI

Shit.

AI in Dominions is akin to playing with bots in auld-school fps. You do it for training and testing your derp strategy of the week. Just join one of the various Decline games here in the playground. Best game ever!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom